Author Topic: Please allow me to pimp this for my girlfriend  (Read 881 times)

Offline Poggle the Greater

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Please allow me to pimp this for my girlfriend
« on: September 2, 2006, 11:55 PM »
Hi all, I know it's cheesy as hell to pimp your ebay auctions on sites but way back when Starwarsshop sold the really sweet Clone Wars Yoda cels I convinced my girlfriend to go along with me and try to snag one of the lowest numbered ones. I was obviously keeping mine for myself but she was having some financial strain at the time and I assured her if she snagged a low numbered one, she could turn around and sell it (I know, I was turning her into what I hate the most, a scalper :-[) and make enough profit to help her out.

Well it's been about 2 years or so and the Yoda cel really hasn't been selling like crazy on ebay but I'm hoping it's just because all of the ones I've seen sold are either numbered 250/300 or don't even give the edition size at all.

Anyway, I put it up under my ebay name and wrote the description for her because even though I've brought out her love for SW, she doesn't know too much about the collecting side of it.

It is a really nice piece and is in as new condition as the day it arrived plus it is the 8th one out of the 300 edition size which I hope gives it a selling point over the others on ebay.  If you or anyone you know might be interested in it, if you could pass it along to them I would be eternally grateful.

Over the time since she bought it my girlfriend has grown to love SW (in thanks to my talking about it daily) and especially the little green man and actually wanted to keep it and frame it.  The thing is I am moving in with her this weekend and I own the #7 print of the cel so I'm bringing mine to hang in the house so hers is really not needed now. Also I need to save face because I totally convinced her to spend $250 on something that I figured would be a super hot collectible and my 10+ years of collecting integrity and reputation are on the line. ;D

Who knew those crappy little $25 Clone Wars character cels would be what everyone wants. :P

Thanks for reading this rant and thank you even more if you can pass the ebay link to anyone you might know who may be interested in it!

:)

Sorry, no eBay auctions are allowed on the forum as per forum guidelines.
« Last Edit: September 3, 2006, 12:07 AM by DSJ™ »