Author Topic: TRU Exclusive Dagobah X-Wing  (Read 54644 times)

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Exclusive Dagobah X-Wing
« Reply #75 on: June 8, 2006, 12:58 AM »
I think the ARC and Gunship are good toys, but they're prime examples of ships that, to me, are simply toys and don't display well enough for me...  I hate the way troops look inside the hold of the Gunship for instance, and it just bothers me. 

21st would do a great job on SW ships...  It won't happen and I"ll keep ships as a customizing focus, but 21st (or BBI or whoever) would knock them out of the park, without a doubt.  It's the equivalent of SS taking over the 12" line really...  There'd be absolutely no competition at the end of the day.

I think the same thing about the ARC and Gunship. I think the Gunship is way to under-sized for me. It leaves to much work to make it look right.

If 21st C did do Star Wars vehicle, it would blow away the competition. I only wish Hasbro would go the extra mile when making the vehicles as 21st C and bbi do on their stuff. That would Rock and I might have to start buying them again, but like that will ever happen.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: June 8, 2006, 01:23 AM »
What's funny is you can't even compare the level of work 21st puts into theirs with Hasbro too.  People don't realize that everything from materials to the simple number of parts is superior on 21st stuff too... 

Clone Hunter, I'll keep that in mind.  I'm thinking I want the Luke & R2 though too, not just the monster.  It's the ship and its muck I don't need. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 8, 2006, 11:27 AM »
What's funny is you can't even compare the level of work 21st puts into theirs with Hasbro too.  People don't realize that everything from materials to the simple number of parts is superior on 21st stuff too... 

Yes, I know you are right on that. I guess I was giving Hasbro too much credit again, thinking with just more effort they could be as good ::). Slap me out of my dream world ;D. Maybe one day, but I don't see it happening in my life time.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2006, 09:33 PM »
New Dagobah X-Wing boxed photos! (courtesy of JesseJames and Mark X  ;))

clicky the pic for more images!

- No R2-D2 is included with the set according to the boxed photos.  :(

- That Dragonsnake is pretty small, which isn't all that unexpected I guess.   :-\

I still plan on grabbing one of these though, too cool to pass up. 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 09:35 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2006, 10:20 PM »
Hot stuff. Bummer about the R2 missing, but I'll still be getting it.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2006, 10:25 PM »
The mucky dagobah R2 from OTC will work fine for my shelves.  I think this may be the definitive X wing, although I wish it sported some electronics.

Time to consider a really wicked Dagobah diorama project....

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2006, 11:34 PM »
Oh my goodness it looks wonderful in that packaging.  Wow.  I am surprised they did not throw in the Dagobah R2.  Oh well. 

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2006, 12:51 AM »
Due to the price, I'm gonna have to pass on this good-looking hunk of coolness :'(
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2006, 12:56 AM »
Maybe next year for the R2. :'(
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2006, 01:00 AM »
Note the paintjob isn't bright white either...  Early photos seemed to imply that but our story shows a much greyer fighter if you ask me...

Putting VOTC Yoda's snake in the engine well, the bases for the Dagobah figures and all that around the ship...  It's like a mini diorama when all put together.  Just needs a Yoda Hut to get in there somewhere.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2006, 01:25 AM »
It is neat, but I can't see paying $15 more for this one and they only added moss and the Dagon Snake. I think the first one retail at $30, right? I can't remember, but I know $45 on this one is high with one or two things added.
roron corobb
my feedback link

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2006, 09:09 AM »
This is one of the nicest looking sets Hasbro very released, especially considering it's essentially a rehash. Love how Luke's hand is in a levitation position.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2006, 10:13 AM »
I'm a little disappointed that R2 isn't included, but it still looks like a great set.  Plus, I guess its a break for those who would have wanted that newer sculpt for R2, but not the whole set to get it.  I look forward to picking this up, and I think it lends itself well (along with the OTC Dagobah figures and stands, like Jesse mentioned) to making a nice Dagobah scene.  I've been wanting to pick up the vintage Dagobah playset for awhile now, and maybe this will spur me to do that sooner.  Its a rehash, sure, but one I'm really looking forward to.  Always been a fan of the Dagobah scenes.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2006, 12:30 PM »
It looks great. I am buying it and i normally dont buy vehicles.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2006, 12:39 PM »
The hanging moss and muck is what sealed the deal for me.  Otherwise, I would have wanted this to be another rogue squadron version like the Red Leader we got.  But this looks so much better!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke