Author Topic: Cars  (Read 40592 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Cars
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2006, 02:21 PM »
These are sooo hard to find in my area.  All I've seen (and purchased) have been McQueen, Doc and Mater.

The only thing left on the pegs are the friction powered plastic cars.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2006, 12:57 AM »
I haven't seen any of the small cars yet,but I am collecting the MC Donalds one,& the bigger ones too so my figure can be pimped out! ;)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2006, 01:33 PM »
It doesnt' look like we're getting any more in.  My nephew was lucky enough to get some for his b-day from people, but he's not really that into them.  He may get more into them once he sees the movie.

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2006, 05:40 PM »
My Walmart put up a fresh case yesterday. You should've seen the people digging through those things. It's like beanie baby mania all over again  ::). I never realized how popular they were until I saw the poor stock clerk get bombarded by customers. He didn't look too happy when he saw the mess they were creating...

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 1, 2006, 03:36 PM »
LOL.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2006, 04:34 PM »
Jeez, did Mattel drop the ball too early on these and stop production?  My Wal-Mart doesn't even have the peg hook tags out anymore.

My son really likes these and I try to get him one every couple weeks when we go grocery shopping but there's nothing left in the CARS section but ****.

And when I say ****, I mean the stuffed cars and overpriced lights n sounds Lightning.  That's it.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2006, 04:41 PM »
That's all I've noticed lately as well, particularly at Wal-Mart.  I haven't looked at Target lately I guess, I don't know what they are carrying.  I was always tempted to pick one or two up (why I don't know), but never did.  It would be strange if they stopped production, it seems like this is one of the hottest toys of the year.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2006, 04:48 PM »
There's actually some new ones that will be coming out:

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2006, 10:53 PM »
That pig one is pretty funny.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2006, 01:56 AM »
I've been seeing some more of these around the area, but places like Walmart and Target look to be dried up...I saw the 2 packs last week at Target and they only had one of each but sold out when I popped in later the following week. KB Toys seems like the best bet. I wound up getting a Wingo, Dinoco McQueen, and a Sally last Saturday (They had tons of Lightning McQueens and Maters). Another place to add is Advanced Auto Parts. I had to stop in today to pick up some motor oil and a gas cap for my rodeo. Their was a display in the front of the store for the movie Cars, they had a few 2 packs (the ones with Snotrod, etc) priced at $7.99....

Offline bamaker

• Youngling
  • Hey, look at this...
    • View Profile
Disney/Pixar CARS
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2006, 05:51 PM »
Anybody else here collecting these things.  I remember when they first came out, I would pick them up, look at them, carry them around, but ultimately would just put them down.  For the longest time, I was able to resist.   Then recently a good friend of mine's son became very ill, and as a care-package I bought him some Cars toys, and thought "why not" and bought myself a couple.   Now I can't stop.   I finally completed getting the first 16 cars (Series 1 & 2), and I've been able to find a few of the Series 3 (Supercharged), but I'm still missing Dirt Track McQueen, Radiator Springs McQueen, Blue Mater, and Hamm.  I'm also still on the look for all the new Movie Moments 2-packs.

These things are great, and I'm really enjoying the hunt.   So anybody else out there into these things?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2006, 12:28 PM »
Oh yeah, I'm always looking for the newest ones.  I buy them for junior but I kind of wish I would have kept them for myself!  He's plays with them so much that they all have dings and paint rubs.

Still looking for the newest 2 packs and singles (blue Mater, dirt track McQueen, etc.)...especially the Toy Story vehicles.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2006, 05:20 PM »
My boys are big time in to the movie right now

I've been buying stuff to surprise them at Christmas...right now I have amassed:

2 each

Chick Hicks
Radiator Springs McQueen
Doc
King
Sally and Cruisin McQueen Two Pack
Red and Stanley
Ramone and Flo
Sarge and Fillmore
Sherriff
Dinoco McQueen

1 each

Hudson Hornet Doc
Lizzie
Leak Less

Today I was able to pick up the Buzz and Woody pack for them, I think that should about do it, Grandparents are buying them the Playsets.  They already both have a Mack, McQueen and Mater and they love them to death.  My sister got them some cheap Disney Store plastic versions, many of which have already broken.  So hopefully the die cast ones will last longer.  I'm also going to pass on the Hot Rods, Ramone variants.  I still need to track down the Luigi, Guido and Tractor packs and I should be set

As far as future stuff, I really can't see much they haven't made yet outside some of the bigger cameo stars (Bob Costas, Dale Jr, Darrel Waltrip, Sherryl Crow, Jay Leno, Mrs the King etc)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 5, 2006, 01:34 PM »
Grandpa is a sales rep so he's always in the stores before they open and wouldn't you know, he's found all of the new ones including Nitroade and Leakless. 

I think we're all caught up with the exception of Buzz and Woody.

I, too, skipped the Ramone variants - we get our share of repaints with the SW junk.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 8, 2006, 08:20 AM »
Well, I've gone and done it.  I picked up the Woody / Buzz 2 pack, RS McQueen, Leakless and Blue Mater last night.  Aidan's not quite old enough to play with them yet, but he did enjoy watching the movie with me so I'll keep them for later (kind of like the Galactic Heroes stuff).  I'm not too worried about catching up, they seem to be pretty common around here and plus with all the two packs and BJs gift sets, I should be able to get the rest fairly easily.

Just another thing to add to the collection.
Common sense isn't so common