Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 416100 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1080 on: February 23, 2005, 07:44 PM »
See I knew I wasnt going crazy.  ;D Liek i said the body looked bulky, but the head looks alright, not like that crazy pic that was first shown.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1081 on: February 23, 2005, 09:32 PM »
War Machine does nothing for me :-\

Wanda looks good, either they fixed the neck or the cape is hiding it.

What's up with Wondy's head :-\

Ultron is, uh, passable.  Better yeah, but.....

Please tell me the grimacing Bullseye is the chase :-X

Galactus looks awesome 8)

Angel is nice, hopefully the wings stand up better than Archangel's do >:(

The spidey is nice, but nothing I really need.  I'll keep one out of my case for posterity.

timing out on other pics, they must be busy.

>:( >:( Fearsome foes.  Grrr.  Naturally they release this down the line and shortly after I buy a two pack to get a LIzard.  Dang it all, why didn't I know about this.  Carnage is no big deal, nor is the spidey figure.  But I really like the Vulture (old is awesome), I'm guessing the new Lizard is much more poseable and the Rhino is more cartoony/vintage spidey and that's too my liking as well.  I foresee myself selling a large lot of loose marvel legends/spidey legends down the road and not getting much of a return for them.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 09:35 PM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1082 on: February 23, 2005, 10:03 PM »
Vulture and Rhino look awesome, although i have the original SPider-Man classics one, i really love the vintage look to it. It sucks that I did just pick up Lizard though. Maybe I will just return it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1083 on: February 23, 2005, 10:09 PM »
There's a new Carnage figure? Must have! Must have! ;D

Some one clue me in?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1084 on: February 23, 2005, 10:17 PM »
I'd like to pick up the best Spiderman to date, but I don't know which one to grab. Same with Venom and Carnage... I really dig the Omega Red and Nightcrawler. I'm hoping that there'll be an Archangel soon.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1085 on: February 23, 2005, 10:31 PM »
Archangel came out a little over a year ago I think in an X-men line.  I have one and aside from the foldable wings that are too flexible, it's very, very nice.  I think I posted a pic in my collections thread. 

I'll let Brian or Scott address which spidey is best, there are so many out there. ::)  Venom I prefer the one from the Sinister Six box set.  To answer you and Kevin at the same time, I think the Venom figure is identical in the boxed set as the regular release from last fall. 

I wish I could return my Lizard figure :-\  Notably because it came with a crappy spiderman I don't want :'(

Here's the pic of the marvel legends stuff I have.  Sorry it's washed out, but you can see Archangel pretty well on the left.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 10:35 PM by Morgbug »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1086 on: February 23, 2005, 10:35 PM »
I'll let Brian or Scott address which spidey is best, there are so many out there. ::)  Venom I prefer the one from the Sinister Six box set.  To answer you and Kevin at the same time, I think the Venom figure is identical in the boxed set as the regular release from last fall. 

I asked about Carnage. ::) :-*

Kevin

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1087 on: February 23, 2005, 10:54 PM »
Fwoosh is reporting that the Box Set is a US and International release!  Good News!

Check here for Carnage Kev

http://www.fwooshnet.com/pics/thumbnails.php?album=5

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1088 on: February 23, 2005, 10:59 PM »
Check here for Carnage Kev

http://www.fwooshnet.com/pics/thumbnails.php?album=5

At least SOMEBODY cares about me.

Thank you, Scott. :-*

Kevin

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1089 on: February 23, 2005, 11:22 PM »
 ::)

Typo smart ass, I meant Carnage.  Spawn of Venom, whatever.  It's a repaint, plain and simple.  Less black and more distinct pattern.  So it's a new figure, but it's not a new figure.  Trust me, I wish it was new.  Or newer.

I think most of the box sets are available up here.  To retailers.  None of them want to carry them.  Only TRU has and they use their usual tactics.  Order in four, if those sell right away, order 8 billion, cuz those are bound to sell as well ::)  Then they eventually (two years later) clearance them and say they don't sell here >:(  Walmart up here has gone to carrying only smaller or movie related items.

Before I get shat upon some more, I'll clarify that the Venom from the box set is a better figure, IMO because it lacks the huge horking tongue and has a better paint job.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 11:25 PM by Morgbug »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1090 on: February 24, 2005, 07:34 AM »
Woah, Mysterio has one huge head.  Not too keen on the Beetle, would have prefered the classic look.

I'll pick up the Spidey armor one.  Every other Spidey can bite me.

Ultron is better with that head.  Like Scott said, body is still too big, but passable.

Is that Scorpion a new one?  Looks different from the one I have, the head in particular.

Fearsome Foes - glad it's an US release.  At least this time there's only two redundant figs - Spidey and Carnage.  Vulture is great and I only have the Ultimate versions of Rhino and Lizard.

Space is going to become a big issue, but I love this line.  Might have to move some to my office.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1091 on: February 24, 2005, 09:08 AM »
Nice to (finally) be able to flip through all the Toy Biz goodness from Toy Fair this morning (and last night).  Lots of neat stuff to look forward to this year it seems, and it really makes me wish I had more money and/or space for all of it.  Lots of stuff....

Spider-Man Classics - I agree, Mysterio's "dome" noggin is huge, probably to house his "action feature".  I also noticed the different Scorpion.  He seems to have a different, "shinier" paint application, and also his lower face is covered now with green, whereas it was open before.  I'm not too excited about the Beetle figure either really.  Not the version I'm particular familiar with, and I think I might end up passing on this one.  I also see the new Doc Ock is an ultimate version.  Not sure if I'll pick it up or not, but it looks pretty well done.  I'd really like to get a hold of that new box set, because I've passed on the Ultimate versions of Rhino and Lizard, and missed out on the original "regular" versions.  Plus, Vulture looks pretty cool, and both of the new versions of Rhino and Lizard are nice as well.  Glad to hear it should be available here too, and with only 5 figures, hopefully it will be more affordable than the Sinister Six set.

Marvel Legends - Well, we've seen most of it by now, but it still looks pretty great.  Glad to see Ultron got fixed up a bit, still not quite how I remember it looking, but better than the initial pics we got.  Series 10 is the big one for me, I really like the figures in that set.  Unlike others, I'm actually pretty excited to see Spidey make it into the actual "Legends" line, and I'll pick it up for sure if I can.  I'm also looking forward to that Cyclops figure, and hope to get that one as well.  I'd almost like to get this whole wave, because the rest of the characters look great and I'm really liking that Sentinel.  Ultimately I don't know if I'll be able to, since it will likely hit during the ROTS onslaught, but I'm tempted.  I'm not overly crazy about the "Ultimate Riders" series, although the figures do look pretty good overall.  I'm glad characters like Scarlet Witch and Wonder Man are getting made, and actually Logan doesn't look bad either.  Overall it looks like a really great year for Marvel Legends (and Marvel in general), and I hope that some of you who are able to collect this line deeper are getting some of the characters you were hoping for.  I think the one character I'd most like to see made at this point is Kingpin, otherwise I'm slowly filling out what I'd like to get.

Fantastic Four Movie - Not much said about these here yet, but maybe I'm the only one who is looking forward to them.  I think some of these figures look pretty cool, while others I'm not so sure about.  I'm a fan of the F4, but haven't really picked up any of their figures yet...but I'm leaning towards getting the movie versions (unless the box set really bottoms out in price).  It looks like the "basic" versions of them all look pretty good, and I think I could be happy with them.  From the looks of that gallery, it looks like there's going to be a LOT of F4 stuff on the pegs this summer (and likely ultimately clearanced).  Although I doubt I pick it up, that Fantasticar looks pretty neat.  I know I'd like that if I was a kid...just the fact that you can put it together and fit all four members of the team in at once would make it cool in my book.

Super Hero Showdown - Again, not much mentioned, but I'm kind of excited about this line too.  Not sure if I will collect both this and Legends, but I can say I'll most likely pick up my favorite characters at least from this line (Spidey, F4, a few X-Men, Cap, IM).  I think they look pretty cool, and part of me wishes they would have started in this scale (price and space would be better).  Depending on what I'm spending money on at the time (and how much), I might delve into this line deeper, depending on the looks of it as well.  From the pics that are up though, they really do look like "shrunken down" Legends, which is cool.

Overall, lots of neat stuff this year.  If it wasn't a Star Wars movie year, I'd be picking up a lot :).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1092 on: February 24, 2005, 10:07 AM »
Oh, a side note on the "Super Hero Showdown" 4" line:  According to some posts in the TNI forums, it sounds as if these will be exclusive to TRU, with single packs running around $5 and the two packs for $10.  Not sure if this is confirmed or not though, but it could be possible.

Edit:  Sorry, another addition, but Fwooshnet seems to have some promotional pics of the Super Hero Showdown figures, which show them a little closer up and clearer in many cases.  You can check them out in their photo gallery HERE
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 10:50 AM by mosnab »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1093 on: February 24, 2005, 11:53 AM »
::)Typo smart ass, I meant Carnage.  Spawn of Venom, whatever.  It's a repaint, plain and simple.  Less black and more distinct pattern.  So it's a new figure, but it's not a new figure.  Trust me, I wish it was new.  Or newer.

:-*

I see it's a repaint. I already have that Carnage. I wish they would introduce a carnage figure that looks more agressive than this really weak version. :-\

Kevin

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1094 on: February 24, 2005, 12:29 PM »
If you see it's a repaint, why are you asking about it? ::)  click, look then ask questions.  Sheesh :-*

I think you'd have to rely on McFarlane for your desires.  These guys are still marketing toys at kids, so blood dripping, torsoless accessories are probably not forthcoming.  To be honest, I always was amazed that carnage was allowed in the spiderman books.  A vicious, remorseless serial killer :o  That's fairly far off on a tangent.  The other villains weren't necessarily less mean, but wow, it struck me as a huge shift in the book. 

Anyone wanna buy a crappy Lizard ::)