Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 416407 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1095 on: February 24, 2005, 12:36 PM »
I don't want him covered in blood, I want to see him look more...oh damn, I don't know...mean. Some more symbiote swirls coming off of him, maybe one of his hands axe shaped, his face maybe a little exposed like on that one Venom figure.

Somthing mean looking.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1096 on: February 24, 2005, 12:47 PM »
Ah, I see.  I thought he came with an axe hand or something like that :-\  I know the regular arms are just the big, honking hands but yeah, I see your point.  Do him up like the Absorbing man figure with interchangeable arms. 

I didn't like that Venom figure with the exposed face.  Must be getting gentle in my old age.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1097 on: February 24, 2005, 01:04 PM »
I didn't like that Venom figure with the exposed face.  Must be getting gentle in my old age.

Carnage came with a base.

The venom with the exposed face looked like a duck, thats why you didn't like it.

Or maybe

I'd love it.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1098 on: February 24, 2005, 05:44 PM »
Meh, I have no love for Carnage (or Venom for that matter)

Word is that ML 9 has been found at multiple Texas Wal*Marts :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1099 on: February 24, 2005, 10:58 PM »
Any word on your case yet Scott?  After some investigation, I worked out the dollars and found out it's cheaper or the same price for me to order at Legends out of Montreal and then I don't run the risk of customs fees, so I cancelled my AFX order. 

Very much looking forward to building Galactus. 

BTW, is it the characters Venom and Carnage you don't like or the figures?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1100 on: February 25, 2005, 09:57 AM »
Man, I love the Venom character. Probably my favorite villian for SPidey!
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1101 on: February 25, 2005, 11:28 AM »
Action-Figure.com now has a number of features up on the Marvel toys shown at Toy Fair.  There are release dates (tenative I'm sure) for the different waves of Spidey Classics and FF Movie figures, and lots of pictures of Classics, Legends, Showdown, Movie, etc.  From the looks of it, Mysterio has a "light up" feature in that huge bowl on his head, and it looks like some sort of changing faces feature (one of the pics looks like a "monster" head).  Boy that bowl looks huge though, although I will probably pick it up.

The "buzzing" Beetle on the other hand, I'll likely pass on.  Its not the version of Beetle that I remember, and although the figure itself looks nice, I can probably live without it.  Probably depends how much other stuff I'm picking up at the time, and if my mood changes, but right now I'm thinking no.  They also have some good pics of the "ultimate" Doc Ock, which doesn't look too bad, but not sure about it.  Overall, really liking the look of much of the Fantastic Four movie line, as well as SuperHero Showdown, and of course Marvel Legends :).

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1102 on: February 25, 2005, 07:33 PM »
Okay got a question.  Ive been collecting Marvel comics for over 30 years now.  Big fan, and I wish I would of collected the Legends line.  I collected the Famous Covers line a few years back since I was a huge Mego fan as a kid.  Unfortuneately the line died and a few years later became the legends line in a different scale.  I also had a few Secret Wars figs so this new 4" scale line really excites me.  Does anyone think the line will produce as many figs as the Legends line?  I really want to collect but am afraid main characters will be done to death and the more obscure stuff will never see the light of day.  Whats everyones thoughts? BTW some of these look incredible for the scale.  Escpecially the Thing.  My fear is that combining this line with gaming could be an early grave :(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1103 on: February 25, 2005, 10:35 PM »
I'm torn on the survival of the four inch line. 

I think it's cool, but know I won't collect it.  Had it come out first, for issues of space, I would have happily collected it instead of the 6" line.  I think they'll run the figures as they have for the Legends with similar characters in terms of who they are and the number per series.  I don't know how molds are made these days, but I'd have to think that digital imaging technology plays a role, so scaling down the Legends is probably the cheapest way to produce a figure.  I think the quality will be there.

But with respect to survival, I'm a little concerned that lots of people will be like me - too much invested in the 6" line to change now. 

Mysterio's head is begging to be customized to something lacking an action feature.  I'm a little interested to see if they don't retool him down the line absent the action feature, more geared for adults than kids. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1104 on: February 25, 2005, 11:09 PM »
I don't see a real bright future either, people are too in to the 6" line right now.  I'd have crapped gold bricks if they actually did a 4" line first, it would have been much, much preferred (can you imagine 4" LOTR figures posing with the SW stuff)

Damn them

PS Brent, your package is in the air headed north

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1105 on: February 25, 2005, 11:13 PM »
Thanks Scott :)

Yeah, 4" lines of LOTR and ML would have been fantastic on the space issue.  The $$ issue might not have been so great though. 

Anyone wanna buy some comics?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1106 on: February 26, 2005, 08:50 PM »
Lots of goodies back in stock at the Marvel Store.

Here.

I scored Apocalypse, Hawkeye, Vision, and Goliath, but I'm expecting them to pull an Amazon on any of them and cancel them off my order.

It does take some time for shipping, but it's free, and they currently have a 30% off sale, so they figs are about $9 each, which isn't that bad.

I also found a Man-Thing at TRU. If this order comes through, all I need is Doc Ock, Red Skull, and Dark Phoenix. :) And the S6 boxed set, if I decide to buy it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 10:00 PM by Hasbro's Missing Integrity »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1107 on: February 27, 2005, 12:11 PM »
I had no problems with the Marvel store, Ben.  The order wasn't canceled and my Apok arrived within a week.  They aren't the greatest packers in the world and bend the card to get it to fit the box, but since I open everything, it didn't bother me.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1108 on: February 28, 2005, 02:56 PM »
Sounds like sightings of Series 9 are starting to pick up, at least according to what I've read at the Fwooshnet Forums.  Some nice pics in there too if you are interested in seeing more.  I see Amazon is still listing "April 15" as their date for these, but it is nice to see them starting to show a little early.  As good of time as any for them to show I guess, with lighter spending times until ROTS.  On a side note, Series 8 seems to be popping up more and more now.  I think I actually saw each figure at least once (outside of the variants) over the past week or so, but they sure do sell out quick.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1109 on: March 1, 2005, 02:57 AM »
http://www.americandreamcomics.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=6265

Fantastic Four movie toys. There's some spoilers there, so be cautious.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk