Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 416227 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1110 on: March 1, 2005, 08:07 AM »
Nice to see they added the face changing feature to Ben, I may pick that one up.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1111 on: March 1, 2005, 09:32 AM »
As Ben mentioned earlier, ToyNewsI.com now has nice, big, clear pics up of all the upcoming Marvel lines.  Nothing new necessarily, just a little better look at some things:

Marvel Super Hero Showdown

Marvel Legends Series 9-11

Fantastic Four Movie 1-4

Spider-Man Classics 12-15

Lots of nice stuff this year.  Here's what I'm hoping to pick up this year (hopefully a little more if money allows...really like to get that Sentinel and maybe Galactus all put together.)

Marvel Legends - Nightcrawler, Professor X, First Appearance Spider-Man, Cyclops for sure, perhaps the rest of Series 10.

Spider-Man Classics - Venom repack (don't have one), Lizard (might wait for that new box set), Mysterio, possibly that Doc Ock...although not likely.  Fearsome Foes box set (possibly considered Marvel Legends).

Super Hero Showdown - A few...Spidey for sure, F4 characters (Torch, Thing, Doom), Doc Ock...others I'll have to wait and see.  Into the 6" figures at this point (as many others are), have to see what the budget and my interests dictate at the time.  They do look nice though, wish they would have started out in this scale.

Fantastic Four Movie - Leaning towards using these as my "base" Fantastic Four.  Haven't picked up any of the Legends style ones yet, and might just go this route.  I'm thinking about the 1st series versions of Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, and Human Torch, 2nd or 3rd Series Thing, and not sure about Dr. Doom yet.  Might rather have the ML version.

Lots of nice Marvel stuff coming up this year, right alongside all that ROTS stuff :).  Going to be expensive.  Do you know what you're picking up this year, or would like to?
« Last Edit: March 1, 2005, 09:36 AM by mosnab »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1112 on: March 1, 2005, 10:30 AM »
Brian, would you like the original release Venom (spiderman cardboard series - not the twisted, weird looking one) that came with the glob?  I could send it to you for the cost of shipping if you like.  I really don't need two and don't expect I'd get much for this anyway.  I prefer the Venom from the S6 box set. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1113 on: March 1, 2005, 11:01 AM »
Thanks so much for the offer Brent, I'll definitely keep that in mind.  For now I'm still considering trying to pick up that S6 boxset somehow....someway...down the road when I have the money (or can talk the Mrs. into it being worth it :P), so I might wait just a bit if that is ok.  Thanks again though, I really appreciate it.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1114 on: March 1, 2005, 11:16 AM »
No worries.  Picking up the S6 box set would be ideal, so keep watching Amazon for the nearly inevitable (you're welcome) clearance on it.  I'm guessing the timing will be closer to the F4 movie and toy release as they try to clear out room. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1115 on: March 1, 2005, 02:26 PM »
The last time I was on Amazon, the S6 boxed set was listed as "not currently available."

Though it could change. It's done that a couple of times, IIRC.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1116 on: March 5, 2005, 12:51 AM »
Sounds like 9 is starting to hit Wally Worlds and Targets around the US.  SHouldn't be long now, no word from AFX yet

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1117 on: March 5, 2005, 02:30 AM »
Great. Series 9 is out, and my local Target and TRU just got 8.

Ah well. Hopefully they show before 4/2.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1118 on: March 6, 2005, 07:27 AM »
I picked up Captain America yesterday. He's a very awesome figure, minus the strange expression. Great articulation, as usual, I've been lucky enough to find a figure that doesn't have stuck/frozen joints (finally), too. I really love the stand, it allows for some neat display poses, I also love the idea to put an art book of the character instead of a lame comic book. I'm hoping that this is a new trend.

Up next for me will probably be Deadpool, Omega Red, or Juggernaught.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1119 on: March 6, 2005, 04:44 PM »
Scored a Doc Ock today, finishing up series 8 for me, unless I come across a blonde Black Widow, or I decided to buy Cap and Iron Man.

I found him at an out-of-the-way Wal-Mart while I was searching for early ROTS stuff (no dice on that). I talked to one of the employees in the toy dept. (yes, there was a helpful employee at WM) and he said they've had them for a while, and only sold BW and Man-Thing. Hm.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1120 on: March 7, 2005, 09:16 PM »
Well, boredom while waiting for the releases of several toy lines got to me today.   After pimping several Deadpools I actually found yet another today and picked one up for myself.  Walmart is still stuck on series 6 up here, but I guess it's to my benefit in this case.  I'm hoping they'll skip up to series 9 at some point real soon. 

I've opted out of buying a Cable, if only on principle alone.  I'd get a Brown one if I ever saw it, otherwise I'll pass. 

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1121 on: March 20, 2005, 10:38 PM »
Picked up Nightcrawler, Doc Strange and Prof X at Walmart tonight. They had every single figure of this wave minus the chase figures.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1122 on: March 20, 2005, 11:23 PM »
I'll gamble series 9 will be about as easy to find as series 5. I haven't seen any yet, but from what I've read on the Spawn.com boards, when they show, they are legion.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1123 on: March 21, 2005, 09:49 AM »
It looks like there might be another Fantastic Four boxset, according to TNI.  Sounds like it is $20, and might not be bad for someone looking for the F4 still (like myself ;)).  I'm leaning towards waiting for the movie figures, but I'd be tempted if I happened upon this at the local Wal-Mart.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1124 on: March 21, 2005, 09:51 AM »
Weird, never even announced was it?

Still looking for ML9 around here in case I find them before AFX ships my figs