Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 416351 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1170 on: April 12, 2005, 09:20 AM »
Stopped at Wal-Mart this morning for some groceries and to check for new ROTS stuff, and walked past the Marvel Legends section as well....glad I did.  They had the entire wave (without chases) on the pegs from ML 9.  I only picked up Prof X and Nightcrawler, but I'll have to admit that I think the "build a figure" is a great idea.  Although I haven't opened them yet, seeing that Galactus head in there just makes you want to go get the rest so you can put the big fella together :).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1171 on: April 12, 2005, 03:38 PM »
I stopped back at this same Wal-Mart over lunch break, just to check if some Star Wars cases which were sitting on a pallet at the back of the toy section this morning had been unpacked (hopefully #33-40)..but unfortunately I saw a stockperson taking them back to the stockroom.  Hopefully another time.  They did restock with TONS of Galactic Heroes and Titanium Series.  Aaaanyways....I took a gander at the Legends again, just to see what had sold since 7 o'clock this morning.  When I was there at 7, they had the following:

1x Dr. Strange
2x War Machine
3x Bullseye
2x Nightcrawler
1x Prof X
1x Gray Hulk
2x Deathlok

I picked up 1 each of Nightcrawler and Prof X, and the following was left at 12:30 today:

1x Deathlok
1x War Machine
1x Dr. Strange
2x Bullseye

The point of this post is just that Marvel Legends just sells like mad here it seems (and probably most everywhere else).  It seems like anything outside of Beast and Gambit from Series 4 sells out within days (or more likely, hours) of stocking.  It has to be one of the best selling toylines, I'm just amazed how quickly they disappear.  I've started to see Modern Armor Iron Man and Cap sitting a bit at TRU, but only 1 of each.  Again, I'll say it is darn tempting to pick up this whole wave and put that Galactus together.  I was tempted to get Dr. Strange, but with all the ROTS spending in combo with these few Marvel figs I've gotten lately, I'm stretching it as it is ;).
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 03:40 PM by mosnab »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1172 on: April 13, 2005, 10:36 PM »
Score!

Just negotiated a trade of my MOMC Stealth Celtic Predator for a nonmint carded Phasing Ghost Rider ;D  Cha-ching, I was opening it anyway.  Net cost to me: $10  Woot.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1173 on: April 15, 2005, 10:45 PM »
I was just down in the Kansas City area all week and stopped at four Wal-Marts the morning/day I got there and I saw 4 cases of ML, each one was a variant case, one store and two cases both variants.  The bad thing was that I could only buy one Hulk and one Bullseye because there was no physical way for me to get any more home with me.  It was amazing though

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1174 on: April 16, 2005, 12:40 AM »
Must be nice.  To find these things that is.  TRU here is carrying them, but the new cases have three grey Hulk and three War Machine, so you can imagine what I'm finding.  Checked a comic shop today and could have picked up Deathlok and Dr. Strange for $19.99 each ::)  I'm hoping my Wednesday in Indy is productive, this is driving me nuts.   :-\  Since I open them up, it's a lot easier to pack them. 

Did make the trade today to get a phasing Ghost Rider, so that was great.  Already open.  Nice piece, though the plastic is awfully soft.  Also pleased in general to get a GR figure - I'd wanted one previously (ML III?) but passed and then passed on the regular in the later series.  This is a nice way to do it.  The bike is ok.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1175 on: April 16, 2005, 02:59 AM »
If you can get to BBTS (seems to be down now) they have a few ML9 figures on their clearance menu. IIRC, it's Nightcrawler for $7, and the Hulk and Bullseye variants for $16 or so each. Not bad for variants, but I wouldn't buy 'em. They also have some figures from earlier series massively cheap. I'll bet you can guess which ones they are.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1176 on: April 18, 2005, 09:13 AM »
16.00 not bad at all. I may consider them.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1177 on: April 19, 2005, 12:25 AM »
I found grey Hulk, Dr. Strange, Prof. X, and War Machine at an out-of-the-way Wal-Mart this weekend. I bought them, and now I just need Nightcrawler, Bullseye, and Deathlok to complete my Galactus.

I wish series 7 was this easy to find.

Here I thought I was going to stop collecting this line. Hmph.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1178 on: April 21, 2005, 01:28 PM »
Found 5/7ths of the Galactus wave at a Target during lunch today.  Didn't have Hulk or Deathlok.  My Galactus will probably be unfinished for months trying to find those two.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1179 on: April 21, 2005, 03:25 PM »
Check you KB toys, I just got back they got in a mix case of Hulk Classics and X-Men classics. I picked up Cyclops, No archangel or villians though  :-[
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1180 on: April 22, 2005, 12:27 AM »
That reminds me--when are those Spider-Man two packs with Abomination and Absorbing Man coming out?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1181 on: April 23, 2005, 02:31 AM »
Found three cases of ML 6 at my local Wal-Mart tonight. The case they had open didn't have a Dark Phoenix in it (damn), but they did have the regular one, so I bought that for a trade. They wouldn't let me peek through the other cases, since they didn't have room to put the rest out.  :(

Anywho, here's what I'm looking for if you want this Phoenix:

Apocalypse
Hawkeye
Dark Phoenix
Red Skull
Vision

These can be loose, too. I'm not picky.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1182 on: April 23, 2005, 08:52 PM »
Found the rest of series 9 today, and also found a Bullseye variant. It's up for trade, for the same figures I mentioned above.  :)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1183 on: April 25, 2005, 12:49 AM »
I think someone was selling their loose Red Skull in the classifieds. You might take a look.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1184 on: April 25, 2005, 10:38 AM »
Picked up 4/7 in Indy including all of the figures packed singly in Canadian cases - Deathlok, Prof X and Dr. STrange.  Also snagged Nightcrawler just for fun.  Should be able to snag the other three locally.  Galactus is a bit of a Python-esque parody at the moment, but he's getting there. :)