Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 416257 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1200 on: April 30, 2005, 01:55 AM »
Those Bullseye variants must be easy to find. I picked one up last weekend, and I saw another one today.

I scored a Mysterio at Wal-Mart tonight. Thankfully, his dome is slightly smaller, so it doesn't look too bad now. Still no FF movie figures.  :(
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1201 on: April 30, 2005, 09:19 AM »
I scored a Mysterio at Wal-Mart tonight. Thankfully, his dome is slightly smaller, so it doesn't look too bad now. Still no FF movie figures.  :(

Well it looks like the hunt is on. I hope they hit the east coast soon.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1202 on: April 30, 2005, 02:49 PM »

Well it looks like the hunt is on. I hope they hit the east coast soon.

East coast represent! 8)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1203 on: May 1, 2005, 04:35 PM »
I went to my local comic shop yesterday to get some comics.

As soon as I get in the door, I see a Deadpool figure. And I recognize it, because it has an ugly black paint smudge on the face. I saw it at Wal-Mart last Friday, and considered picking it up for trade here. They also had some ML9 picked from another Wal-Mart in Waverly. They offered these to the public for about $17 each.

And all this time, I thought they bought their ML stock from Diamond. ::) Silly me.

I hate scalpers.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1204 on: May 2, 2005, 09:15 AM »
I was checking Wal-mart this weekend for the Fantastic Four movie figures as well, but they haven't shown up here yet.  Hopefully this week or next.  I did find a repacked Lizard figure (original flavor, not "ultimate") at Wal-mart, so I decided to pick it up.  Probably not as good as the more recent figures are as far as articulation, but he was always one of my favorite Spider-Man baddies, so I kind of wanted to add him into the collection.  Now if they would just release a decent, normal Green Goblin (single carded), I'd be a happy camper.  I keep seeing that Ramos version, but I'm just not sure I like it.  Congrats on the Mysterio find Ben, might have to check our Wal-Marts again this week, since you saw it over in Iowa.  How do you like the figure?  Glad to hear the dome isn't too ginormous.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1205 on: May 2, 2005, 09:22 AM »
Sounds like Mysterio is two per case and was found at a couple Twin Cities Wal-MArts as well.  I'll get him eventually, my interest in the Marvel lines post-Galactus is a little waned.  Galactus though is AMAZING.  I can't believe how cool he is, bravo to Toy Biz :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1206 on: May 2, 2005, 11:38 AM »
There are some nice pics up of the first wave of Fantastic Four movie figures right over HERE.  Personally, I'm looking forward to these, they look pretty nice so far.  Still deciding which Thing to get, 1st or 2nd series.  2nd is more poseable I believe, but 1st might look a little better overall.  Either way, not too bad I guess.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you Scott, after the Sentinely Series, I'm not sure how much more I'll be picking up.  I really enjoy Marvel, and they make tremendous figures, but I'm to the point where I don't really need each and every character, and I've pretty much got the ones that I really want (with a few exceptions, Kingpin being foremost among those).  I'll be picking up a few (or possibly all) from the Sentinel Series, get the basic Fantastic Four movie figures, a Spidey Classic here or there, and then after that it might be few and far between as far as figures go.  There are still a few characters I might go back and pick up (Iron Man foremost among those) as well.  I do really like their "build a figure" concept, although I don't have anywhere near a complete Galactus.  This is something I wouldn't mind see incorporated into Star Wars, although more likely with mini playsets instead of larger "figures"...since there isn't a whole lot the "beast" line can't cover.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1207 on: May 2, 2005, 02:01 PM »
Congrats on the Mysterio find Ben, might have to check our Wal-Marts again this week, since you saw it over in Iowa.  How do you like the figure?  Glad to hear the dome isn't too ginormous.

He's pretty damn good. He doesn't stand on his base too well. The opening for the figures legs is a little narrow, and the pegs aren't very tall, so it's hard to get him on the base.

The action feature is pretty damn neat. There's three different faces (human, alien, and monster). To switch, there's a huge button sticking out of his back.

The LED is in the front of the helmet, and it looks amazing when lit. The light bathes the face in a haunting light, and I think this is possibly the coolest light-up figure I've ever seen.

It's one of the better SMC villians Toy Biz has made. I felt like I got my $7 worth, more so than the entire Galactus series, anyway.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1208 on: May 2, 2005, 02:06 PM »
I think we're just nearing a point of getting a lot of what we want (notice I didn't say most).  There's so many repeat figures (Iron Man, Cap, Thing, Hulk, Wolverine, etc.) that it's become tedious to a point.  

Space is an issue too.  I was cleaning up my little room this weekend (under wifey's direction :P) and I have probably 10-20 figures loose in a shopping bag that have no current room for display.  With it looking more and more likely we'll move this fall, I'm packing more up than displaying so it's getting quite sad.  

But there's still a fair bit I want to get down the road:  
-I need to have a vulture, so I'll be buying the next spidey box set ::)
-I still need a Reed Richards and an Invisible woman.  I really should have bought the box set I saw in Indy, but didn't because of space issues bringing stuff back.  I could sell off my Trenchcoat thing that is still in package and be down to just having a couple of extras ::)  Having the second but rather different Torch would be ok too.
- I need to finish out the Galactus series, getting a piece or two from Scott leaves me only needing one or two
- I'll buy the entire Sentinel series - at least there's a handful of figures I want out of that
- From series 11 I'll probably buy Ultron, Wonder-Man, Scarlet Witch and possibly Task Master, Logan and Vengeance.  Not at all sure about the last three, I'll have to see them in person first.
- I'll keep buying spidey villains, like an idiot, so Mysterio for sure, already mentioned vulture but may pass on the crappy blue beetle :-\

And that brings me back to the old refrain: hey ToyBiz, where the heck is Kingpin?  Oh, and She-Hulk :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1209 on: May 5, 2005, 01:20 PM »
I hit up my local KB today and came home with a Smart Hulk for only 3.84. I was hoping for a Joe Fixit, but the new case they got was a mix again of Hulk CLassics and X-Men classics. Still no villians or Archangel or Fixit.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1210 on: May 6, 2005, 03:34 PM »
Urban Legends are baaaaaack

Weird, but they showed up in "my store".  Not quite as good a price, but not bad either. 

Sinister six remains available at $44.99

Series 9 regulars are also in stock currently.

Pre-orders for series 10 is up too.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1211 on: May 6, 2005, 04:01 PM »
I saw that the Sinister Six was back online this week, and I'm just really hoping they will eventually go on clearance there.  Not real likely, since it is a popular set, but I'm still hoping.  Nice to see Series 10 there as well, says they are shipping Sept 1st.  Of course, their Series 9 was a little behind retail too, so maybe we'll see 10 in August or so.  That wave looks quite good to me.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1212 on: May 6, 2005, 05:37 PM »
Found a couple more Mysterios today. I didn't buy them for trades, but they should start hitting in better numbers shortly.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1213 on: May 7, 2005, 04:13 AM »
Found an all-clear Invisible Woman from the F4 movie line at Wal-Mart tonight. Not the version I would have wanted first, but I'm glad to actually own a one-per-case figure.  :)

There was only one case of figures, and like four cases of Bump-N-Go thingies. Guess we can tell where Wal-Mart's priorites lie. ;)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1214 on: May 7, 2005, 10:32 AM »
Ma, I dont know how you find all this stuff. I can never find anything of interest.  :-[