Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 416398 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1230 on: May 11, 2005, 10:59 PM »
I finally bought a green Hulk last night.  It was late, I went to WalMart, and there was a case of ML9 just sitting there.  The kind lady with the mustache in the toy department was very obliging and opened it up for me.  And you know what?  I left the Bullseye.  I just cannot care about that figure.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1231 on: May 11, 2005, 11:33 PM »
I finally bought a green Hulk last night.  It was late, I went to WalMart, and there was a case of ML9 just sitting there.  The kind lady with the mustache in the toy department was very obliging and opened it up for me.  And you know what?  I left the Bullseye.  I just cannot care about that figure.
I felt the same way after buying him.  Bullseye was a must do but the variant was a bit lame

What are the variants for 10 again?  Cyclops, Angel and Black Panther?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1232 on: May 12, 2005, 09:28 AM »
I felt the same way after buying him.  Bullseye was a must do but the variant was a bit lame

What are the variants for 10 again?  Cyclops, Angel and Black Panther?

I think Toybiz has said that they dropped the CHase Black Panther becuase it was too expensive to retool as a chase figure. So just Cyclops and Angel.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1233 on: May 12, 2005, 12:05 PM »
From what I remember of the Marvel Legends 10 the Cyclops and Archangel that are the regular figures are how they appeared first in X-Men #1, but the Varriants are how the appeared in X-Factor #1.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1234 on: May 12, 2005, 12:30 PM »
From what I remember of the Marvel Legends 10 the Cyclops and Archangel that are the regular figures are how they appeared first in X-Men #1, but the Varriants are how the appeared in X-Factor #1.

Yeah the variants are the X-Factor uniforms

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1235 on: May 12, 2005, 11:12 PM »
Gotcha, I don't need those then.  Not sure if I'll pick up a complete Series 10 or not.  I canceled my preorders because A. I found 9 all over the place and B. I don't know if I want all of 10 and I know I don't want all of 11

Like you guys just said, who needs another Spidey?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1236 on: May 13, 2005, 09:21 AM »
I dont mind the Spidey, but i really don't want the Thing in 11

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1237 on: May 17, 2005, 11:28 AM »
Checked the Marvel section at Wal-Mart today, and those Fantastic Four movie figures sure sold out fast.  All they have now are the "bump n go" bikes, as well as Thing hands.  They've been stocking Marvel Legends somewhat regularly as well, and they sell out about as fast.  Last time I was there, I saw a Deathlok and a Storm, and that was it.  Like I've said before, at least around here, the Marvel figures really seem to fly off the shelves pretty regularly.  Spidey classics (the Spider-men) hang a little longer, but those are less and less each time as well.  Mysterios are gone from what I have seen.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1238 on: May 17, 2005, 02:38 PM »
I hit up another KB today, and they got another case of Hulk Classics but this time Joe Fixit was there so i picked him up finally.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1239 on: May 17, 2005, 03:37 PM »
I hit up another KB today, and they got another case of Hulk Classics but this time Joe Fixit was there so i picked him up finally.

>:( 

Closest KB to me is Minneapolis.  Oh well, with the "newer" speedlimits it's only a 7.5 hour drive.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1240 on: May 29, 2005, 09:47 PM »
Scored the Invisible Woman today at Target in Grand Forks.  The scale is just a shade smaller than the Phoenix figure from Marvel Legends, but now I don't have to buy a box set.  Though I still need to pick up a Reed Richards.  I saw the movie version and I much prefer the ML version that's out there. 

No luck with Mysterio though :'(  Lots of evidence of his wave, but no luck picking him up so I'm still short that figure. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1241 on: May 30, 2005, 11:18 AM »
I keep missing Sue, I've seen the FF figs a couple of times and there is always one missing >:(

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1242 on: May 31, 2005, 07:42 AM »
I lucked out that I arrived at a Target store as they were changing an endcap and was able to pick up a Sue for myself.

Scott if I see another one I will grab it for you.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1243 on: May 31, 2005, 09:29 AM »
I've been missing Sue as well.  I checked Target this weekend since I heard they started showing up there, but they didn't have any FF on the shelves yet.  Hopefully soon.  I want to "complete the team".  Our Wal-Mart had them a few weeks back, missed Sue, but the rest sold out within days and now all that remains is "bump n go" cycle figures, and lots of them ;).

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1244 on: May 31, 2005, 10:30 AM »
Still nothing on FF movie figures here.  :-[