Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 352162 times)

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #765 on: November 19, 2007, 05:03 PM »
Nice find, evenflow.  I might need to start hitting Target obsessively.  Last year's 10-pks (and those were total re-treads) came with an immediate mark-down and disappeared overnight at Target about this time - in fact, I think they put them out over Thanksgiving weekend  :P.  They never reordered, and I'm pretty sure the other Target in town never had them to begin with.  This Jabba set might be a tough get. 

Has anyone seen the Wal-mart sets?  C-4 showed them coming in September... somebody in this forum mentioned a delay to October... anything new?  Wal-marts around here have a weird habit of sometimes not even bothering to stock their own exclusives (that first Attactix gold-base set w/ the gunship comes to mind - meanwhile those equally huge SW v. Transformer Attactix sets have gathered dust on shelves at every single WM I've ever set foot in for 2 straight years).

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 19, 2007, 06:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure WM's big hush hush on their BF specials will include the SW exclusives - probably at regular price I'm guessing.

Wal-marts around here have a weird habit of sometimes not even bothering to stock their own exclusives

Sucks, doesn't it?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline tateshi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 26, 2007, 01:37 AM »
I just got back from my local Target (Denver area) and they had BOTH of the Assault on Death Star (w/ x-wing) AND the Jaba sets. They were both "in the back" (not yet on the floor)...but they were more than happy to retrieve them for me.

ToysRUs had the Naboo and Hoth sets available online on Friday (Nov. 23rd)...so I ordered those too...currently being shipped to me. The site now says they are not longer available online  :'(

All my son needs now is the Millennium Falcon.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 26, 2007, 07:24 PM »
I picked up the Target GH packs, but it took the DPCI trick and playing dumb to get them. At first the woman seemed more than happy to get them, but after a loooong absence in the stock room, she brought out one of each, asking where I had gotten the number. I said my wife had written it on my shopping list with everything else, and I didn't know where she got it. She then told me that they weren't supposed to be out yet, and that those were the only two they have. Which makes no sense, but I was happy to get them, thanked her profusely, and headed for the exit.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 26, 2007, 10:17 PM »
You can't pull this DPCI "tricky" thing at WM so congrats Dan!  I still find it odd that Target reps are reluquent to pull stock from the back when there's space to be filled, but the next round of exclusives aren't supposed to be out until next Sunday.  I have patience as I'm sure these won't sell through at time of release..
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 27, 2007, 09:13 AM »
According to EE's listings, Wave 2 of the 2008 Galactic Heroes 2 packs looks like this:

SaeSee Tiin and Agen Kolar
Aayla Secura and Commander Bly
Ki Adi Mundi and Commander Bacara
Commander Gree and Tarfful

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: November 27, 2007, 12:12 PM »
I like the Clone and Commander themed wave - very cool.

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 28, 2007, 12:51 PM »
I have just started collecting these little guys I have the following and love them (and I'll admit it I dont have children, well I do but there four legged and dont collect star wars, unless there going to chew them, lol).

The ones I have and I have just started seriously collecting these about a Month Ago.
A NEW HOPE
Greedo
Han Solo
Duros
Garindan
Snaggletooth (Zutton)
Ponda Baba
Darth Vader
Han Solo - Stormtrooper
Luke Skywalker - Stormtrooper

EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
Stompin Wampa - The Original Set
Bossk
Chewbacca - C-3P0 Carry Net
C-3P0 - For Carry Net

RETURN OF THE JEDI
None as Yet

Oh and the wife got me Clone Trooper and Chewbacca last year.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 05:55 PM by Desfiy »

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 30, 2007, 01:09 AM »
I hit a couple of Wal-Marts tonight running errands.  Both of them had about 10 teetering palates worth of a giant toy shipment unopened in the aisles (no idea where they're going to find the shelf space), including 3 cases of GH 2-packs each.  Still no sign of the exclusive 10-packs.

Vaguely related: Even when I'm not collecting anything, I've always paid some attention to toy sections.  I can't say I recall ever seeing anything like this season's toy build-up at Wal-Marts or Targets.  In addition to turning any available seasonal section into more toy aisles, the overstock at several WM's I've been to is piled 3 feet high with toys in every single section between the stockroom and the toy section.  Hardware?  Overstocked with toys.  Automotive? Toys.  Shoes?  Toys.  Fabrics?  Toys.  Home furnishings?  Toys.  Whatever's going on, it's pretty cool.

Offline Marshallmario

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 30, 2007, 02:58 PM »
  If your just starting out with these or missed some waves....now would be a good time to hit a few Walmarts. The couple I hit yesterday in Wis. had a ton of Heroes, going back to the speederbikes and Luke and Han as stormtroopers. Just a heads up!

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: December 2, 2007, 01:29 AM »
  If your just starting out with these or missed some waves....now would be a good time to hit a few Walmarts. The couple I hit yesterday in Wis. had a ton of Heroes, going back to the speederbikes and Luke and Han as stormtroopers. Just a heads up!

That's what I saw at my local WM today as well.  There were plenty Luke/Hans as Stormies, Obi-Wan/Durge, etc.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 2, 2007, 10:46 AM »
I found a second Jabba's set today at Target. Here's hoping my local Wally actually stocks their exclusive (they haven't stocked any yet).  ::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 3, 2007, 09:34 AM »
I ran over to Target yesterday to check for the Jabba pack, but there was no sign of it (or any of the other exclusives, aside from the UBPs).  I hope this isn't too tough to find though, I'd really like to get a hold of one.

Offline Squid89

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 5, 2007, 11:09 AM »
My wife found the Jabba set at Target and said there were a few left.  No signs of the Wlamart exclusives in store or online still.  I have found plenty of the newest two-pack wave (Endor Leia & Trooper, Luke/Yoda & Obi-Wan, Barada & Weequay) at Targets and Walmarts.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 6, 2007, 10:41 PM »
I'm not above begging, so if someone finds extra Wal-Mart sets (Cantina Band and Cantina Encounter) or Target sets (Jabba's Palace and Assault on the Death Star), please let me know!  Condition of the packaging is NOT importance since I will be opening them all anyway.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2007, 12:44 AM by JesseVader08 »