Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 336868 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #915 on: May 21, 2012, 10:32 AM »
I picked up my 2nd opener set of the Obi-Wan/Boss/Rex Phase II/Aayla Secura wave at my local WalMart this past Friday night.

This store hasn't gotten anything in for a LONG while so I was quite pleased to stumble in there late at night and see the case sitting on a pallet of toys...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: May 21, 2012, 10:42 AM »
With how difficult it has been lately to find anything, I find myself not even caring if I find the new CW stuff. Maybe if there was a brand new character in one of these waves, but right now I'm glad to still have the cash I would have spent if I saw them. I just want to find the Vintage line stuff.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #917 on: May 21, 2012, 02:00 PM »
I have seen remnants of the Rex wave now a couple times between WM and KM.  Usually Rex is in the mix, and the rest are usually gone.  Did see the Commando once but he's inferior to the latest realistic version so didn't even consider him.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: May 22, 2012, 05:42 PM »
I bit the bullet and liberated $160.47 worth of pegwarming TCW Wave 1 detritus from my "work Target" so as to better facilitate the influx of new figures. Yes, it's gotten that bad here.

This strategy has yet to pay off when I tried it with the Deluxe sets, but I'm hoping the figures rotate a little faster through their inventory system.

They don't have a stinking Clone Wars figure left on the pegs anywhere, so they have to stick something up there. Right?

With the ways things have been going, it'll probably wind up being another case of Wave 1. Or Movie Heroes.  :P
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #919 on: May 22, 2012, 08:55 PM »
So you took abuot 5 figures away.  Nice.

j/k
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: May 22, 2012, 10:12 PM »
So you took about 5 figures away.  Nice.

j/k

LOL, it was actually 17, but the damage could have been worse. I look forward to checking their DPCI count tomorrow.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: May 24, 2012, 08:56 AM »
Stopped by another Walmart in vain yesterday, but did notice an employee packing up their SW section. (What a ton of pegwarming junk, BTW) I asked if they were just moving the section, expanding, or what. She said they are starting a reset due to be completed next Monday the 28th, Memorial Day. She also mentioned they would be putting out new product at that time.

I couldn't help but wonder whet they were planning to do with all the OLD product they can't seem to move, but whateves.

I have no interest being near a Walmart on a holiday, but I am hoping some late Sunday night runs may yield something promising.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: May 25, 2012, 11:27 AM »
To quote the inimitable Hannibal from A-Team, "I love it when a plan comes together."

The Target I cleared out of all CW stock earlier this week actually re-stocked today, with...Clone Wars Wave 2! Actual new Clone Wars figures! ON THE PEGS! AT A STORE!

:o

Needless to say I pounced on Rex, Boss, Aayla and Obi-Wan. Cards look pretty decent on all 4, though I may not keep the Aayla as I already have one MOC and loose from her previous release.

The only thing that sucked (aside from not finding Wave 3 also) was Rex. The one I got was BADLY discolored, so bad I would have guessed it was intentional if I hadn't seen photos of others online. The yellowing was even worse than the Vintage figures that had this issue, and it covers the whole body except for the helmet. Ugh. This is definitely going to be replaced if I ever find a better one.

Anyway, good day, pretty much done with this wave now other than the Rex upgrade. The character selections are so weak I have no interest in getting any of these as openers.

Now to set about clearing out some more stores around town in my ongoing war on cruddy distribution...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 11:45 AM by McMetal »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: May 26, 2012, 01:02 AM »
Was able to score another complete set of TCW Wave 2 earlier today at a different Target which I had also coincedentally cleared of figures the previous night. So that's 2 for 2.

I checked a few other Targets for comparison and they all had the same old junk up on the pegs.

The second Rex I got was as bad as the first, and I guess this discoloration is common to all the figures, like some type of half-assed weathering. I still think it looks cruddy. Will be offering up my spares to other local collectors over the next few days.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: May 27, 2012, 09:35 PM »
Yeah, the Rex I saw today looked like bad weathering. Bad weathering on a bad figure.

Saw the deluxe Republic Attack Fighter thingie. the paint ops on Anakin's head were about dollar store knock-off level. And there's a hole in the plastic on left hand at the wrist . One of the worst quality control failure figures I've seen from Hasbro in some time.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: May 29, 2012, 04:48 PM »
Took my Wave 2 purchases from Friday back to Target and had them price adjust for the BOGOHO sale going on. That put about $9.46 back in my pocket...not too shabby. While I was there I went ahead and liberated the rest of those Wave 2 carry-forwards to help keep things moving. Here's hoping they restock with a little Wave 3...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: May 29, 2012, 09:09 PM »
Found the elusive Scuba Clone Class I set tonight at the Target near my home. This is the same one I had cleaned out of Wave 1 sets last week in the hopes of paving the way for new stock. Presto! I also picked up another Attack Recon Fighter.

So that's 3-for-3 now in product relocation paying dividends. Crazy.

On another weird note, the Class I sets rang up at a discount also. I got $8.50 off my order total, so I am thinking the BOGOHO applies to Deluxe Sets as well. This was not an advertised special that I could see. Still, two new deluxe sets for $26? Hell yes!

Now I just need that Dropship Class I set and Wave 3 and I am all caught up again. Progress!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 09:19 PM by McMetal »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #927 on: May 30, 2012, 01:16 AM »
As noted on our front page, it's for "All Star Wars Toys", not just basic figures.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: May 30, 2012, 11:46 AM »
As noted on our front page, it's for "All Star Wars Toys", not just basic figures.

That is not how it is being advertised here with the shelf signage, it indicates only figures, but good to know.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 11, 2012, 01:50 PM »
Freeco speeder without canopy for 25 cents at a yard sale. Never owned one, very tight leg room.

And POTF2 AT-ST, Speeder bike with scout, wicket and logray for $10 total. (different sale).