Author Topic: Retail Prices/Sales/Discounts  (Read 34085 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Retail Prices/Sales/Discounts
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2017, 01:34 PM »
Tie Strikers are $19.98 by me. I want to army build.....
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 01:35 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2017, 03:44 PM »

Yeah, but FLEET BUILDING can get pretty dangerous.  I'm dealing with the after effects of that, and the space issues that arise when you've got multiple X-wings, Y-wings, B-wings, TIE Fighters and TIE Interceptors take up.  It's challenging, to say the least.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2017, 04:29 PM »

Yeah, but FLEET BUILDING can get pretty dangerous.  I'm dealing with the after effects of that, and the space issues that arise when you've got multiple X-wings, Y-wings, B-wings, TIE Fighters and TIE Interceptors take up.  It's challenging, to say the least.

I hear ya. It's hard enough having one of each version let alone multiples. Though if they get to 70 % off.......
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2017, 05:39 PM »
Yeah, I saw a slew of TFA figures at one Target for $2.30 a pop.

Regular and deluxe figures are on sale, but not the 2-packs.  ???

I also had some problems getting a 6" Krennic to ring up at the clearance price, due to the whole DPCI snafu. I ended up getting them for the proper price but it was an unwelcome hassle.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2017, 05:44 PM »
Meijer's been reducing all Hasbro Star Wars stock it seems. Jedha Revolt is down to $12.48, I think. Most were still marked at 25% off I forgot to scan the other stuff still marked 25% off to see if it was lower. They only 3 different figures and 1 two-pack left.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2017, 05:59 PM »

I noticed that, too.  And of course, there's still the mystery of the Bistan / Shoretrooper Captain 2-pack that never appeared.  Is Target hanging onto hope that these will turn up before Force Friday, LOL?!?!

Feedback

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2017, 11:07 PM »
My local Target had TFA figures at $3.84 and R1 figures at $3.98. The deluxe TFA was down to $7+ and the Jedha Revolt set at $12.48. 2 packs were still full price and overflowing the pegs
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2017, 10:09 AM »
I noticed that, too.  And of course, there's still the mystery of the Bistan / Shoretrooper Captain 2-pack that never appeared.  Is Target hanging onto hope that these will turn up before Force Friday, LOL?!?!

It sounds like the DPCI for the 2-packs is being kept since that line is continuing for TLJ (that Han Solo/Boba Fett set we saw was scheduled for Fall 2017).  Bad news there is, now we have to hope the old stock won't keep new stock from arriving.

It is my understanding that the same "market factors" that killed 5POA Wave 4 in the USA probably prevented Bistan/ShoreCaptain from even being made.  Probably goes back to the "not very good at all" decision to release a case that was 5/8ths full of Finn/Phasma re-dos.   ::)

There are signs that Bistan/ShoreCaptain will end up in the TLJ 2-packs assortment, but I don't believe that has been 'officially' confirmed yet.  I had sent an email to Hasbro PR folks, but with D23/SDCC the last few weeks no one has had time to get back to me on that yet...  :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2017, 08:01 AM »
One of our local Walmarts dropped the price on RO figures to $2.50, so I cleaned them out. They only had 3  :P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: August 8, 2017, 11:03 AM »
Free shipping at Hasbro Toy Shop through August 13th with promo code SHIPAUG17.

Legal Stuff:
Free standard shipping on most orders site wide on HasbroToyShop.com through August 13, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET. with promo code SHIPAUG17. Discount applies too pre-tax and pre-shipping amount. Excludes HasbroToyShop.com exclusives and gift cards. Valid while supplies last. No rain checks. Not valid on previous orders. Offer valid in continental U.S. only. Subject to terms and conditions of use and HasbroToyShop.com policies. ©2017 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.

#sponsored
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 8, 2017, 04:37 PM »
One of our local Walmarts dropped the price on RO figures to $2.50, so I cleaned them out. They only had 3  :P

Let me guess.

Imperial Ground Crew
and/or
Jyn Erso (Eadu)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 8, 2017, 10:55 PM »
I think it was 2 Leias and a Jyn, as I recall...same difference though.  ;)

Still waiting on that next round of Target clearance to come around.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2017, 07:49 PM »
Strange i haven't seen that Leia in some time, but I also rarely go searching toy aisles anymore.

Still a lot of those poncho Jyns at Target.  She'll rival Pilot Padme as a female character army builder (you'd have to be familiar with chinese auctions to get that, lots of helmetless AOTC pilot Padmes were cheap for years.)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2017, 12:16 PM »
I saw the ROGUE ONE 3.75" figure 2-packs and 12" Hero Series figures at 5 Below.  I was tempted to get some of the 2-packs (Moroff & Scarif Squad Leader, Baze Malbus & Stormtrooper Commander), but I'm trying to save some $$$ in advance of the TLJ line rollout.

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2017, 11:08 PM »
On Friday I saw just about the weirdest thing I have ever seen in SW collecting. I hit a 5Below for some cheap 3-packs and only found a couple of Pao sets. I decided to pick one up anyway and while standing in line to check out I noticed a guy 2-3 people ahead of me with a shopping basket FILLED with all the "good" 2-packs. He must have had 12-14 easily. Nothing else in the cart either. He obviously came just for those, and even knew enough to bypass the less attractive Pao set.

based on that observation you have to figure the guy is a scalper right? Well, here is the kicker - dude was like 80 years old! Waaaay past the age of anyone I have ever seen on a toy aisle without a grandkid in tow. It was just so bizarre...I was tempted to talk to the guy but I had a strong feeling he would snap at me for my impudence. Lol