Author Topic: JD Fantasy Football 2006  (Read 71526 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Football 2006
« Reply #405 on: November 5, 2006, 08:10 PM »
Roughly tied yeah, but Gould, my kicker, isn't roughly anything, he's #1 this year.  Not a great day today though, but dem's da Bears. 

Okay, well, I'll give you that.  Gould has scored more fantasy points this year because Vinatieri sat out 4 games with a groin pull.  However, Vinatieri's extrapolated numbers match Gould's had he not sat those games out, Vinatieri is the best kicker in the National Football League, perhaps the most clutch kicker in history, and the only active NFL kicker that will be going to the Hall of Fame.

If I can pick one kicker for any given game this season, I want Vinatieri.  He's the surest thing going.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 5, 2006, 11:51 PM »
Week 9: MNF remains

(6-3) DR's 799 lb Gorilla 86.52
(4-5) Bushleaguers 56.79
FINAL

(7-2) Nerfherders 83.83
(2-7) The Zods 68.52
FINAL

(3-6) The Mathematicians 55.43 (0)
(6-3) Fightin' Armadillos 60.65 (Raiders D)

(6-3) Canuckleheads 68.75 (Darrell Jackson)
(4-5) Minnesota Muskies 28.96 (Randy Moss)

(5-4) SGC Airmen 50.93
(4-5) The Golden Girls 39.76
FINAL

(3-6) Team No Worries 26.40 (Josh Brown)
(4-5) The Famine 39.87 (Deion Branch, Maurice Morris)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 6, 2006, 12:01 PM »
Here we go again - looks like I'll outscore about 7 teams in the league and still come up with a big fat LOSS.

It's pretty much comedy at this point.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 6, 2006, 02:12 PM »
Here we go again - looks like I'll outscore about 7 teams in the league and still come up with a big fat LOSS.

It's pretty much comedy at this point.

I had that same type of stretch Weeks 3--->5, before this 4 game winning streak.  2 of those consecutive losses were decided by .04 and then about .50, before I took a decent loss to your girlfriend.

A brief period of bad luck is conceivable, but this stretch that you've had defies all odds, because I think you have one of the top 4 rosters in the league.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 6, 2006, 02:26 PM »
Bah, he deserves it.  After the run he's had lately drafting near the top of the pools this year his luck was bound to sour. 

:-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 6, 2006, 02:57 PM »
Bah, he deserves it.  After the run he's had lately drafting near the top of the pools this year his luck was bound to sour. 

:-*

No way man, I earned this run of top draft picks after suffering through six straight leagues picking in the bottom half of round one.  8)

By the way Brent, I finally got the Lucas trooper to send you... PM me again with your address.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 8, 2006, 04:02 AM »

Wow.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 8, 2006, 10:14 AM »
True juggernaut status for sure.  I've never seen Yahoo forecast a team to score 85 points in a game like they are for my team this week.  I've been scoring 85-100+ but Yahoo's prediction normally tops out at best at 70 for any one game.

I'll be disappointed if I don't win it all, for sure.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 8, 2006, 10:39 AM »
I'll be disappointed if I don't win it all, for sure.

You might be disappointed, but I won't be surprised:

San Diego: 6-2.  Dollars to donuts LT is sitting during a portion of the playoff run.
New Orleans: 6-2.  Same goes for Colston, he'll be parked if their record is as good come week 12 or so.

Philadelphia:4-4 you're in good shape here with McNabb.
St. Louis: Holt should be fine too with the Rams at 4-4.
Dallas: 4-4 so if TO can hold his head together long enough to reach the playoffs, you've got a stud.  I drafted Glenn on the premise that TO would implode by about week 12.  A nap and a dropped pass are indicating I might have a chance. 

Your D is awesome, no doubt and I expect it won't let up, but the record is pretty good too, so it might have an effect towards the end of the season. 

Your bench is pretty weak and really not that deep, so if those sitdowns occur, you might not be sitting so pretty.  I've no doubt your season record will be probably 10-3 or so by playoff time.  Giving up 4-5 TDs with LT/Colston sitting won't make it so nice. 

I had LT, Rudi Johnson and Chad Johnson last year in the spawn league I was in.  I went 12-2 and lost one of those two because I forgot to pick up a TE in the bye week.  I finished 7th because my guys were sitting at year's end because they'd clinched playoff spots. 

Again, your team is indeed spectacular right now.  But past experience shows that may not mean that much. 

By corollary, I look at my team and think it's crap.  I win more often than not, but I sure ain't expecting it.  But I don't think my odds are that awful at winning it all if I make the playoffs.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 8, 2006, 01:43 PM »

San Diego: 6-2.  Dollars to donuts LT is sitting during a portion of the playoff run.

San Diego isn't even in first place in their division alone because Denver is also 6-2.  SD has to play Denver twice and Seattle and will likely be in the wild card hunt.  I doubt LT will be sitting much, man.

Same goes for Colston, he'll be parked if their record is as good come week 12 or so.

Again, NO is in first by just 1 game over Atlanta, and they have a tough schedule the rest of the way and I doubt they'll go better than .500, Falcons, Giants, Panthers, Steelers, Bengals, Cowboys.  Did you even see the schedule dude?

Your bench is pretty weak and really not that deep, so if those sitdowns occur, you might not be sitting so pretty.  I've no doubt your season record will be probably 10-3 or so by playoff time.

Actually I've got the best bench and depth in the league.  I've got 4 stellar WR's.  I've got Tomlinson with Dillon, Ahman Green, and Travis Henry at RB.  I've got Watson who is decent at TE.  Vinatieri and Ravens D won't be sitting.

I basically don't agree with anything that you said except where you noted that Owens, Holt, and McNabb will be playing hard till the end.  Likely everyone else will be also.

???

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 8, 2006, 02:10 PM »
That's fine, time will tell what happens.  You don't have to agree with me anymore than I do with you :-*

Falcons, Giants, Panthers, Steelers, Bengals, Cowboys.

I dunno, I look at that and think they're in pretty good shape.  Giants, Steelers and Cowboys strike me as middle of the road.  I'm still skeptical about Vick's newfound abilities and the Bengals have been finding ways to get beaten.  Panthers?  Them too. 

As for LT, we'll see what happens.  If they happen to win against Seattle and once against Denver my guess is he sits.  I think those are reasonable odds for them to win those games.  I think they'll lose in Denver though. 

Actually I've got the best bench and depth in the league.  I've got 4 stellar WR's.  I've got Tomlinson with Dillon, Ahman Green, and Travis Henry at RB.  I've got Watson who is decent at TE.  Vinatieri and Ravens D won't be sitting.

You've been yapping about Stallworth all year.  I don't see him as stellar, particularly considering an injury.  Yeah, he's got massive potential and could explode at any time.  That's exactly what I thought two years ago.  I'm still waiting. 

Toomer?  Ok, he's serviceable, but not really stellar.  At least that's what the numbers to date show me.

Not going to argue on Holt or Owens but I'll still put the caveat in there that if Owens keeps doing what he's doing, he might face a situation in Dallas and of course he'll be maligned for things not his own fault.  We've never seen that happen before.  You're one injury and and an ******* away from an extremely mediocre WR corps. 

The gem is Colston who you can flop into WR and then play Watson who is serviceable.  No argument on the talent of Colston, I wish I had him. 

As for RB, LT is LT, I'd have taken him first given the chance.  My reasoning being Alexander was in a contract year last year.  No doubt he has the talent, but it always makes me nervous getting a guy right after he gets a contract.  Johnson is a monster too, but was he a one year wonder?  No is the answer, but there are no guarantees.  Except LT. 

As for the rest of them, they're all fine, but I'm not clear what has you so excited:

Total yardage/TDs

Dillon 433/6
Green 734/4
Jacobs 322/4
Henry 504/3

Sure, they're all serviceable but unstellar.  Why do I say that?  Look at my RBs who I'm not crowing about:

Jones-Drew 518/5
Edge 678/3
Jordan 447/1

Not that huge a difference and I'm not including Jones from Detroit.  He would be my number one and yeah, he's a pale, horrible comparison to LT, no argument, but hey, I drafted ninth and didn't get the gift from Kevin making a foolish, hometown pick.  But my other RBs are pretty much as serviceable as yours, except that Jordan and Oakland absolutely suck. 

I'm not suggesting you don't have a good team across the board, you obviously do.  I just happen to see potential for you to lose.  If you disagree, start your superb bench this week.  Of course you're not going to do that, it would be foolish. 

And just so you know, I can't argue with you during the playoffs, I'll be on the beach in Hawaii and not giving a **** about football at the time. :-*

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #416 on: November 8, 2006, 03:55 PM »
Don't count out injuries

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 8, 2006, 04:16 PM »
Bug even if you take Tomlinson and Colston out of my lineup from Week 1 onward, and replace them with Dillon (or Green) and Watson, I'm still the #1 scorer by almost 100 points.  Even when you start substituting my bench players in different permutations, I'm still the best.

Stallworth pulled a hammy, but he will be back in full effect, worry not.  Even if he's not, I don't need him anyhow.

Worst case scenario from your analysis is:

QB McNabb
WR Owens
WR Holt
RB Dillon (instead of Tomlinson)
RB Green
TE Watson (instead of Colston)
K Vinatieri
D Ravens

And even at that I'm still the #1 scorer by close to 100 points, and that's if you take 2 of my top guns away. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 8, 2006, 04:20 PM »

I'm not suggesting you don't have a good team across the board, you obviously do.  I just happen to see potential for you to lose.  If you disagree, start your superb bench this week.  Of course you're not going to do that, it would be foolish. 

I did start my my whole bench vs. Scott and I beat him 100 to 30.  So we already successfully experimented with that.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 8, 2006, 07:08 PM »
Bug even if you take Tomlinson and Colston out of my lineup from Week 1 onward, and replace them with Dillon (or Green) and Watson, I'm still the #1 scorer by almost 100 points.  Even when you start substituting my bench players in different permutations, I'm still the best.

Stallworth pulled a hammy, but he will be back in full effect, worry not.  Even if he's not, I don't need him anyhow.

Worst case scenario from your analysis is:

QB McNabb
WR Owens
WR Holt
RB Dillon (instead of Tomlinson)
RB Green
TE Watson (instead of Colston)
K Vinatieri
D Ravens

And even at that I'm still the #1 scorer by close to 100 points, and that's if you take 2 of my top guns away. 

It really doesn't matter how many points you accumulate.  If this was roto we would all be dead by now, but since it's H-2-H everyone has a chance.  Heck my mediocre team beat you by like half a point or less.   ;D