Author Topic: JD Fantasy Football 2006  (Read 71534 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Football 2006
« Reply #420 on: November 8, 2006, 08:39 PM »
Obviously it's head to head and anything can happen in any given game.  But looking at how many points my team has scored, it's even a level higher than the other two dominant teams (Brent and Jamie).  I'm not saying I'm a slam dunk, I'm just saying I'm far and away the favorite to take this, and it'll be a big upset if I don't.  That's all.  Of course I could lose.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 11, 2006, 10:08 PM »
As we head into tomorrow's games, I'd just like to point out that I am currently FOURTH in scoring.

Last in the standings.

Cursed.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 12, 2006, 03:22 PM »
I was just stopping in to see if Rob was going crazy yet about the fact that almost his whole team is playing right now and through 3 quarters he has posted a hefty sum of 7 points.

I guess he's out of the apartment  :)

Crazy stuff.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 12, 2006, 05:52 PM »
Nah, I'm here at the apartment condo... I've given up.  I had hopes that maybe I could win a few games and sneak into the playoffs, but it's clearly not happening.  My team has had an awful lot of bad luck, but today they just suck.

Oh well, there's always next year.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 05:52 PM by Rob »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 12, 2006, 11:26 PM »
Looks like I"m poised to lose this one because I over thought things... I figure David Garrard threw three TD's last week and has an easy match up at home against the Texans... meanwhile, Grossman was responsible for 4 turnovers last week and has a tough matchup on the road against the Giants.

Seems obvious right?

Yet Garrard gets picked off 4 times, and Grossman puts up 250 yards and 3 TD's.

assuming the Giants don't do much more scoring here, I'd have been in a position to win it with one or two FG's from Kasay tomorrow...

Additionally, yahoo has favored my team to win 8 out of 10 weeks - pending a bunch of 50 yarders from Kasay tonight, I'm set to be 2-8 in those 10 games.
Doh.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 05:28 PM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 14, 2006, 05:56 PM »
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 06:23 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 15, 2006, 11:21 AM »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 15, 2006, 12:37 PM »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 15, 2006, 02:06 PM »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 19, 2006, 02:12 PM »
I've already had Marques Colston, then Donovan McNabb carted off the field between 1:00 and 2:00 today.  This could be the beginning of the end for me if those 2 are out for our fantasy playoffs...

>:(

EDIT:  Colston has a sprained ankle, probably will be back in a couple weeks if not sometime today.  He's extremely valuable for me as he is the NFL's leading receiver that I've been plugging into the TE slot.  800+ yards and 7 TDs from TE is not replaceable.  Should be fine for playoff time.

Donovan McNabb I still have not heard, but I saw he couldn't put any weight on his right leg.  I'm praying it's just a sprain and not a torn knee ligament or broken bone.  Not just from a fantasy perspective, but he's my 2nd or 3rd favorite NFL player period.  That's saying a lot as a Giants fan who has McNabb in his division competing against his favorite team.   I hope it's not serious.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 02:43 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 19, 2006, 03:45 PM »
On my team today... Jamal Lewis scores THREE touchdowns, LJ adds a pair, and Lee Evans, from the bench, has a Chad Johnson like day with 250 yards and 2 scores (so far) and I still have Harrison and Fitzgerald to go.

Unbelievable.

I don't know if I'm mathematically out of the playoffs already, but this was the type of day I envisioned all along.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 19, 2006, 03:53 PM »
On my team today... Jamal Lewis scores THREE touchdowns, LJ adds a pair, and Lee Evans, from the bench, has a Chad Johnson like day with 250 yards and 2 scores (so far) and I still have Harrison and Fitzgerald to go.

Unbelievable.

I don't know if I'm mathematically out of the playoffs already, but this was the type of day I envisioned all along.

If you win 4 consecutive games to get to 6 wins, you do have an outside chance of still getting in.  You're gonna need a little help from our league's big dogs to keep the 4 and 5 win teams at bay.

I'm still awaiting word on McNabb.  I'm not nervous about Colston much anymore, he should be good.  But between Steve Nash and McNabb and Colston this week, I instantly got flashbacks to that fatal stretch in the Spring where Ben Sheets, Rich Harden, Eric Gagne, Jorge Cantu, Gary Sheffield, Jonny Gomes and Carlos Beltran were shelved for varying lengths.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 19, 2006, 04:05 PM »

Unbelievable.

There's some consolation in that you play me again Rob, that should be good for one win.

Colston is a huge loss.  You were minutes ahead of me on the waiver wire to get him.  McNabb could be bigger yet though. 

Not a good start for me this week as GB gets shutout.  Ouch.  My run of picking the correct WR for the week could be at an end.  Needing Jamie's team to suck today.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 19, 2006, 04:16 PM »
Quote from: Morgbug

Colston is a huge loss.  You were minutes ahead of me on the waiver wire to get him.  McNabb could be bigger yet though. 

Well, I don't need Colston for a month.  I doubt he'll be out that long with a sprained ankle.  I just need him back for Week 15, our first playoff game.

I'm already in the playoffs in our league, so the next 4 weeks are not that critical.

McNabb is the question mark right now.  Bruise or sprain is okay.  Tear or broken bone is bad.

We wait...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 04:17 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 19, 2006, 04:32 PM »
I saw the replay on McNabb and that was weird.  Didn't look too bad, so I was kind of surprised he didn't stay in ???