Author Topic: 2023 TVC Boba Fett's Starship  (Read 1650 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2023 TVC Boba Fett's Starship
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2022, 10:53 AM »
That’s good to know, but after sleeping on it I’m pretty sure what’ll actually happen is that I’ll buy it and be done with it and have both versions of the ship. 

Then eventually I’ll buy it again as “Jango Fett’s Starship” with an exclusive version of him in another year or two… and then I’ll have a small squadron of these things with nowhere to put them.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2022, 04:56 PM »
It will be uncarded in the box, but it sounded like there’s a strong possibility of it showing up in the main TVC line as a single release somewhere down the road, like the Klatoonian Raider just did.

I think I’ll try to be patient and wait it out for that to happen.

I am going to use patience too.  It feels like a no-brainer that they will want that Fett in the basic or world building line as one of those $21-26 Target special figures or something.  ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 TVC Boba Fett's Starship
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2022, 05:00 PM »

But, damn, extra points to the person who posed and photographed Fett.

That would be Matthew Cohen, an amateur toy photographer who has gone by ShootingTheGalaxy over on Instagram for years (he and I had a deal where we would trade Cardboard Galaxy displays for his awesome promo photos of said pieces.)

Hasbro hired him earlier this year, and his stuff has been all over Pulse lately. I am super proud of him, and he would be appreciative of the notice.

Very cool all around: That you negotiated a quid pro quo; you know an insider; and he got a job tied to his hobbies.

I don't have an Instagram account but managed to see several of the pictures before the Instagram logon message pops up and locks the screen. Impressive stuff.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2022, 06:12 PM »

But, damn, extra points to the person who posed and photographed Fett.

That would be Matthew Cohen, an amateur toy photographer who has gone by ShootingTheGalaxy over on Instagram for years (he and I had a deal where we would trade Cardboard Galaxy displays for his awesome promo photos of said pieces.)

Hasbro hired him earlier this year, and his stuff has been all over Pulse lately. I am super proud of him, and he would be appreciative of the notice.

It's awesome that he parlayed his toy photography into a job!  And I think he has done a fantastic job of showcasing your work, Bobb.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 3, 2022, 08:48 AM »
I pre-ordered the new version the day it was listed. But after giving it a lot of thought I decided to cancel my order.

When the 2020 version of the ship was announced I put my 2013 Slave One up for sale. I had never opened it and there was a lot of demand for it on the secondary market. With the 2020 release the improvements in the paint a deco were substantial, so I sold my old one and got a new one. I think I had also benefitted from a sale on the Gamestop website. That lessened some of the sting from the price increase of $70 in 2013 to the updated version which now sells for $150.

Hasbro made a TVC Nomad Boba Fett to go with this 2023 release, and now it's $200. At first my FOMO got the better of me and I placed a preorder on Hasbro Pulse for the new version, thinking that I could sell my 2020 Slave One on the secondary market. But why? Why should I do that? Especially since a LOOSE pack-in figure shouldn't be the basis of this vehicle which is still reasonably available being marked up another $50.

Hasbro needs to get a little bit more conscious about the concept of VALUE. Value, as it is perceived by their customers. And value, as a way of respecting customers by not doing something so blatantly transparent. I will give a modicum of credit to Hasbro for saying that this Nomad Boba Fett will almost certainly get a carded release in the future. But then they also said that about Doctor Aphra's droids from the convention exclusive 3-pack, and what happened?

Feedback

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2022, 07:54 AM »
This looks cool

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2023, 09:39 AM »
This thing has been sitting in a Fedex spot in my (tiny) state since Feb 12th, and it's still scheduled for delivery on Saturday. I honestly thought they were joking, but it hasn't moved. I could order it from Amazon today and still get it sooner than HasbroPulse using Fedex Smartpost.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2023, 10:18 AM »
I had been hoping that this might come into stock at Best Buy before this week.  I had a lot of rewards points to redeem there, and I was seriously considering using them for this ship.  But now I'm just going to wait for a sale if I bite at this vehicle at all.

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2023, 10:20 AM »
Same for me.  I think about $150 is the most I’m willing to pay for it.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2023, 11:02 AM »
I wound up redeeming the points for a new set of Apple AirPods.  Otherwise they were going to expire.  So no Slave I for me!

Feedback

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2023, 12:39 PM »
I wound up redeeming the points for a new set of Apple AirPods.  Otherwise they were going to expire.  So no Slave I for me!

No Slave I for anybody, this release is Boba Fett's Starship!  :P

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2023, 08:22 PM »
I'm definitely not a fan of the price on this one, but I have to say that in-hand the colors are much richer than the previous repainted rerelease...it looks really good. The Boba Fett is great too. I guess I'm able to justify it to myself by canceling the Modal Nodes set and just grabbing the two instruments I don't have from a seller on Etsy who makes really great 3d prints. His band instruments look better than the Hasbro ones, and I have more than enough of the Friggin' Dan to go around, so my Cantina patrons can all bask in the "****" (I can't believe that ever got past Lucasfilm).
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2023, 05:17 PM »

No Slave I for anybody, this release is Boba Fett's Starship!  :P

DOH!!!!

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 2, 2023, 10:19 AM »
Dammit, EE had one or more non-mint ones for $150 but they were gone by the time I found out.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 2, 2023, 10:28 AM »
I saw that, too.  Yakface even had a 10% off coupon code AND it was being offered with free shipping.  I would have bought it for that price, but when I saw that 2 hours ago it was already sold out.

Feedback