Author Topic: 2023 TVC Endor Bunker Playset  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
2023 TVC Endor Bunker Playset
« on: August 29, 2022, 09:38 AM »
It was interesting to see that leak from Jayson.    With this leak about a possible Endor bunker playset...

Where have you guys seen discussion of this?   I didn't see anything on Yakface.

I'm assuming it is an external view of the bunker as not much happened inside.

I pulled my old POTF2 bunker playset out six months ago for my Endor display and was pleasantly surprised at the quality.  I'm not sure exactly what different they plan on doing that we don't already have (granted we got that 20 years ago).
« Last Edit: October 1, 2022, 05:14 PM by Jeff »

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Re: Rumored 2023 TVC Endor Bunker Playset
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 09:53 AM »
He posted an image on his Instagram of Han at the Bunker with some relevant hashtags. I personally didn't get that that was the implication as it seemed vague to me, but the commenters were running with it (and more importantly Jayson wasn't saying no to their assumptions, which he usually does if you take his hint the wrong way.)

Since the Han figure was "pipelined" I wouldn't expect him to be the pack-in, though. I would lean more towards an Endor Trooper or a Scout Trooper since they usually go with army builders in the sets (though this one would be an outlier as there really shouldn't be any way to buy more to expand it out.) If they pack in a scout trooper with the forthcoming speeder bike, then this would be a way to also put him out on a cardback. I dunno, a lot of room for speculation on an item that isn't even confirmed!

Earlier this year Cardboard Galaxy did a bunker control room display that works with that 20-year old playset, who would have figured they would decide to upgrade now!  :D

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2022, 10:30 AM »
He posted an image on his Instagram of Han at the Bunker with some relevant hashtags. I personally didn't get that that was the implication as it seemed vague to me, but the commenters were running with it (and more importantly Jayson wasn't saying no to their assumptions, which he usually does if you take his hint the wrong way.)

I saw Jayson's post on IG and I was like you, thinking it was about a new TVC Endor Han... but since it's a bunker, I wonder which direction it will be released: playsets like the freeze chamber (seems the bunker would be too big, Jabba's/Boba's throne (most likely?), or Haslab...  I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2022, 11:28 AM »
Yeah, this was only on Instagram.  The key hint seemed to be "Let me see if I can hotwire this thing" and a photo of Han Solo at the bunker.  People absolutely ran with that on both Instagram and over at the Vintage Collection Facebook group.  And I think it's because Jayson's reporting is almost never wrong. 

Yakface/Jayson has tapped into some sources that have made him the single best reporter on the Hasbro Star Wars line.  But it has had the added affect that Hasbro doesn't include him in official events.  He's become a victim of his own success!  But in light of how much attention his content generates, it seems like he doesn't need Hasbro's official sanction to do what he does on Yakface.  But this is probably a bit too inside baseball.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2022, 12:17 PM »
I hope people are mis-interpreting Jayson and that we're not getting a bunker playset.  The one we have is fine and eBay prices aren't crazy if you want to pick up one.  Beyond the bunker doors I'm not sure what they would pack in - trees, a speederbike, Ewok catapult, some ewoks and biker scouts?  I've already got all that (except for the Star Wars trees, but I don't want those).

If they're looking for non-Death Star playsets I'd much rather they do a cantina, Home One briefing room, or Yoda's hut.  We haven't had any of those in the modern line.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2022, 01:49 PM »
Beyond the bunker doors I'm not sure what they would pack in - trees, a speederbike, Ewok catapult, some ewoks and biker scouts?  I've already got all that (except for the Star Wars trees, but I don't want those).

Lots and lots of detonators.  But all I can think they could add is the control room/generator room..

I do love your other suggestions, Dave. 

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #6 on: September 6, 2022, 04:53 PM »
I don't have the vintage one, so I'd be interested, especially if it feels more realistic. A blown-out R2 would be a pretty good pack-in.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 6, 2022, 07:38 PM »
I'd rather have an Ewok Village than a bunker ste.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 6, 2022, 08:48 PM »
I'd rather have an Ewok Village than a bunker ste.

An Ewok Village would be cool but I see that hitting Haslab territory. I wouldnt mind a simple diorama with the log-lined flooring, hut facade and fire pit and funeral pyre accessories. (I never could figure out where the funeral pyre is in the village.)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: October 1, 2022, 05:14 PM »
Confirmed today at the Pulse Con panel during the pipeline reveals portion.  2023 new Endor Bunker playset.

Really hoping for something more than a re-do of the 25 year old POTF2 Bunker, which like others have said still holds up very nicely as a display piece...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: 2023 TVC Endor Bunker Playset
« Reply #10 on: October 1, 2022, 06:31 PM »
I'm disappointed this turned out to be a true rumor, and I'm bummed that they didn't really show any mock ups or samples. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 1, 2022, 06:51 PM »
I’m happy for anything new TVC, especially OT related. Too bad we couldn’t get a bit of a preview though. Was hoping for an Ewok village playset, even if HasLab, but that would probably be quite pricey.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 1, 2022, 06:52 PM »
I'm curious to see how they do this.  All judgement is reserved until I see something mocked up.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 1, 2022, 07:42 PM »
I'm curious to see how they do this.  All judgement is reserved until I see something mocked up.

I think it is very telling that the image of the Bunker they used is a strange angled view showing mirroring sides...

...almost like they will build it in such a way that you would need two or more to have a set that feels complete. I know that sounds crazy and has no precedent, but I had to say it.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: December 6, 2022, 11:13 AM »
Looks like a modern-day update of the POTF2 bunker.  For $60.

Pre-order tomorrow, 12/7, at 1pm ET at the usual places.

Notice they do not call the figure Nik Sant so that all the "that's REX!" people can still believe it's Captain Rex. ;)

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION ENDOR BUNKER
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $59.99 / Available: Spring 2023)

Fans can celebrate the legacy of STAR WARS, the action-and-adventure-packed space saga from a galaxy far, far away, and commemorate the 40th Anniversary of STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI with this premium 3.75-inch scale STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION ENDOR BUNKER PLAYSET & ACTION FIGURE. This Endor Bunker playset and Endor Rebel Commando (Scout Trooper Disguise) action figure are inspired by the iconic setting in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. Located at an Imperial outpost on Endor’s forest moon, the Endor Bunker housed the shield generator for the Empire’s second Death Star. To breach its walls, the Rebels devised a plan. The figure features premium detail and design across product and packaging inspired by the original Kenner line, as well as the entertainment-inspired collector grade deco. Includes playset, figure and instructions. Available for pre-order 12/7 at 1pm ET at Hasbro Pulse and other major retailers. Visit starwars.com for more Bring Home the Galaxy product reveals!
« Last Edit: December 6, 2022, 01:28 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender