Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 563986 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #2580 on: April 7, 2021, 08:47 AM »
I thought the episode was fascinating. But it's hard to accept that's how you wrap up the penultimate season finale. I hope they figure out a way to work around covid for this final season.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2581 on: April 7, 2021, 09:43 AM »
They film in Georgia and they were one of the first to relax restrictions....but overall these last few episodes were a waste.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: April 9, 2021, 09:49 AM »
Finally finished the episode.  I really liked it.  That said, it was another filler episode and would have been better placed with the introduction of Negan.   I wonder if the last four were just fillers to complete the season due to Covid concerns.

I don't really have any hopes at all regarding season 11.  This past one was so bad and spread out I don't really remember what happened and for me there was never a "must watch now" episode.  So, we'll see how the next one goes before putting the show to bed.

However, I am looking forward to FTWD.  I think that show has really gained it's legs.  Although not perfect, it's far more tolerable to watch than when it started.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: April 15, 2021, 04:25 PM »
...but overall these last few episodes were a waste.

The only potentially interesting plot point in all of these filler shows when when Eugene and the crew were interacting with the white armored society.  We learned nothing about what was going on there and only had one episode on it that was mostly Princess hallucinating in a boxcar.

I sure hope they have a plan to go out with a solid story line and something compelling to wrap up the series.  It started so well and has faded so badly.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: August 23, 2021, 12:24 PM »
Anyone else watch the season 11 premier last night?

I thought it was pretty good...they seem to be moving back to the horror aspects of the walkers and the little twist at the ends was pretty good!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: August 23, 2021, 12:35 PM »
I didn't even realize the season had started.  I hope my DVR picked it up.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: August 23, 2021, 03:53 PM »
I'm guessing you don't have AMC+ Dave....they actually post episodes to the streaming service early.  If your DVR didn't pick it up, they will, most likely, re-air the episode before episode 2 next Sunday.

I should point out, that if anyone here does have AMC+, please refrain from posting about episodes before their air on the AMC network.  I'm already seeing reviews for episode 2 when it won't air for 6 more days.   :-\
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: August 30, 2021, 01:36 PM »
Last night's episode was pretty good.  Some gruesome scenes and the Maggie/Negan storyline is evolving.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: September 7, 2021, 10:00 AM »
While I'm still enjoying the show the fight bad guys, rinse repeat storylines have been old for a while.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: September 10, 2021, 09:50 AM »
I think I'm a good half season behind on TWD.  I've actually stopped watching the new stuff and went back to watch Season 1 with my son.  The storyline and acting was so much better back in the "old days."
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: September 16, 2021, 09:30 AM »
I finally caught up with the past few weeks of episodes. 

Some good, some bad, and definitely repetitive storylines.  I'm still holding out hope that there is something creative and new that helps wrap up the series.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: September 16, 2021, 09:39 AM »
I'm enjoying Maggie/Negan and even like the Reapers. BUT bringing in new "bad guys" when you're wrapping up a show just seems wrong.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: September 16, 2021, 10:43 AM »
I did enjoy the Darryl focused episode this past week.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: September 16, 2021, 11:23 AM »
I did enjoy the Darryl focused episode this past week.

It was fine, but it felt a lot like when Daryl was captured by The Saviors and held in The Sanctuary and had a bromance with Dwight. 

Swap Leah for Dwight and The Reapers for The Saviors and you've got last week's episode.  However I did like the Apocalypse Now / Marlon Brando-like leader Pope.  Although you gotta wonder how an unhinged leader manages to keep his crew together, functioning, and fed for ten years.

I'm personally tired with all the conflict among the living.  It would make sense if they were fighting for resources or something, but now it seems like the only people left alive are those that want to kill every other living person.  And apparently they've all got plenty of food because the spend all their time going after their enemies, and are willing to use gasoline/kerosene to burn down a building instead of power a vehicle or generator.

I'm more interested in The Commonwealth storyline and what that might bring.  Its been a long time since our protagonists have encountered another friendly group

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: September 16, 2021, 12:20 PM »

Swap Leah for Dwight and The Reapers for The Saviors and you've got last week's episode.  However I did like the Apocalypse Now / Marlon Brando-like leader Pope.  Although you gotta wonder how an unhinged leader manages to keep his crew together, functioning, and fed for ten years.

I liked the Col Kurtz vibe as well.  The easy answer to how he keeps control is fear.  The rest of the reapers are loyal mainly due to fear.  The problem with that is that it's a tenuous hold over people....you could see that in Leah's eyes at the end of the episode.
This is the way.

I have spoken.