Author Topic: Series 5  (Read 199298 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1365 on: November 9, 2005, 10:03 PM »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1366 on: November 9, 2005, 10:05 PM »
Is that a good BIN price?

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1367 on: November 9, 2005, 10:21 PM »
Well, I checked into the completed auctions and that looked like a good price, so I went ahead and bought it. Plus I had a 10% coupon through paypal so I paid $29.65 including shipping for it... I guess that's pretty good.

Thanks Brent  :D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1368 on: November 9, 2005, 11:04 PM »
Congrats Dave.  Yeah, I think it's pretty good.  I've seen them around $39.95 more often and I think one for $34.95, but that's the lowest thus far that I've noticed.

Offline jr87mustang

• Jedi Initiate
  • Have you seen this Kubrick???
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1369 on: November 10, 2005, 12:53 AM »
They will be down in the $20 range in a few more weeks (I hope). Think of all those people that paid $75 or more for them. Indiana too, they were well over $100 and one just went for $55. Glad I am waiting.
Anyone got a ben for sale??

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1370 on: November 10, 2005, 07:35 AM »
Indiana too, they were well over $100 and one just went for $55. Glad I am waiting.

****, really?  I guess I should check ebay more often.  >:(
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1371 on: November 10, 2005, 10:55 AM »
Indiana too, they were well over $100 and one just went for $55. Glad I am waiting.

That's a huge surprise.  Indy's been going the other way or at the very least remaining stable for a long, long time. 

I don't see the first two series prices dropping any time soon, at least not to any great extent.  The Fett chases aren't on ebay very often and Indy isn't out there that much either.  I'd have bought the Indy at $55 if I'd noticed it, simply because I believe I could resell it pretty easily to make some money.  The sandtrooper and cantina band member chase are already down about as low as they'll ever go. 

Simon and I talked about the current series and how prices would drop because of a huge production run.  This isn't to say I'm bright enough to wait this long but I did agree that prices on the Luke/Han/Vader chase would come down. 

Series 3 is sort of in the middle for chase.  Jawa chase has dropped and is pretty reasonable.  That ******* Ewok I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole because of all the fakes.  Hibernation Han has been cheap for a long time. 

Series 5 will be interesting though.  I think if they do the blue snaggletooth we're all expecting that figure will hold it's price very well simply because of the association with the vinty figure.  I could be wrong, the VCJ Kubrick isn't that high, but I attribute it to the similarity between the two figures.  If Medicom simply takes the regular snaggletooth and paints it blue, well, I think we've got a VCJ situation all over again.  But if they go the way I think they will, with a larger figure and very distinctly different, then I think that chase will hold its value well. 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 5
« Reply #1372 on: November 10, 2005, 12:00 PM »
Well, I checked into the completed auctions and that looked like a good price, so I went ahead and bought it. Plus I had a 10% coupon through paypal so I paid $29.65 including shipping for it... I guess that's pretty good.

Thanks Brent  :D

Damn.  Nice grab there Dave!  Free shipping too, on top of the 10% discount...  ****!  Wish I'd seen that one...

I was going for the VC Jawa chase a few days ago, but ultimately got outbid by BikeRideTony.  Never checked to see what it ended at, but I bowed out in the upper $50's.  Hopefully my patience on all the recent chases will pay off and I can nab some for pretty cheap, 'cause I'd really like to get caught up again soon!

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1373 on: November 10, 2005, 01:16 PM »
I did see an Indy up recently with no idol, I wonder if that was the $55 one?

Adam

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Series 5
« Reply #1374 on: November 10, 2005, 01:21 PM »
I did see an Indy up recently with no idol, I wonder if that was the $55 one?

Yeah, I think you are right - the $55 Indy was incomplete:

It said in the auction -
"Comes only with whip accessory"

I guess that explains the price on that one then...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jr87mustang

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1375 on: November 10, 2005, 03:56 PM »
Sorry about that, I guess I didn't read the whole auction.  I was just doing a completed auction search and saw it in passing. Still $55 is not bad.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1376 on: November 10, 2005, 04:10 PM »
Sorry about that, I guess I didn't read the whole auction.  I was just doing a completed auction search and saw it in passing. Still $55 is not bad.
Agreed. If I didn`t have one, I`d pay 55 for that one. Hard to think that little
Idol could mean a $50 swing in price.

Bring on series 5!
Adam

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1377 on: November 10, 2005, 04:11 PM »
Yep, Idol or not, I'd have dropped $55 on it for sure.  Hell, I'd have sold off my Idol version after the fact.  :P

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1378 on: November 13, 2005, 12:54 AM »
When does the next multi-pack come out? The one that's only repaints.

Offline jr87mustang

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 5
« Reply #1379 on: November 13, 2005, 12:57 AM »
Maybe you guys can explain something to me.  Someone just put the early bird set loose on ebay. Seperate auctions for each one, give or take $45 dollars apiece w/ shipping. Somebody bid on them ???. And the same dude no less. So I do a search, and you can get an unopened sealed set for bin $160. And if you watch alot cheaper than that. Is it just me or is that really insane? I wish I had that kind of money to blow. ::)