Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 595487 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: Collectors Collections (at RS)
« Reply #1815 on: September 19, 2005, 05:38 PM »

Here's a great collection, but what kind of idiot buys acrylic cases for every crappy POTF2 figure?? Philip Wise... That's who!

I can't help but wonder if his ROTS figures are stored in those AWESOME custom Rebelscum Protecto-pak StarCase things?  ;D

Additional Comedy Request: Can someone photoshop a Greg(gggggg) statue into one corner of the room so we can have "conclusive proof" of Lord Philip's shrine to GNT?  ;)

I think that battledroid is just begging to be touched by God himself...
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1816 on: September 19, 2005, 05:48 PM »
Here's a great collection, but what kind of idiot buys acrylic cases for every crappy POTF2 figure?? Philip Wise... That's who!

A rich idiot, that's who.  But hell, if I had the money (and the space), I'd likely do the same thing, since it does make for a pretty kickass display, regardless of how ****** the figures may be.

I don't look through the RS collection much anymore, so I can't really comment on this topic otherwise.  But that collection from Turkey there is admittedly pretty weak...  :-\

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: September 19, 2005, 06:02 PM »

I understand what you're saying DoctorPadawan, but my point is that this should not be front page news. I like what we have here on JD, where there's a section of the forums devoted to this. I'm all for encouraging people who just started, but when I have a couple minutes during work to check on some collecting news, I don't need to wade through endless collectors' collections pics to find something interesting.

Oh, I understood that, and I apologize if it came across as me inferring you or anyone else was an "elitist" as it was not my intention to do so.  I actually agree with you entirely that a feature devoted to individual collection photos is not and should not be front page news.  I look at people's collections with wonder and amazement (and envy, I'll admit), but at the same time, if I don't go to JD, GH, or Yakface every day specifically for that.  It has gotten to a point where I don't even go to RS at all anymore, partially due to the ******* in charge, and partially due to the fact that their idea of news is some guy's Darth Vader collection in Abu-Dhabi and how those ROTS Star Cases are flying out the door!   ::)

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: September 19, 2005, 06:53 PM »
They have a total of 15 advertisements on their site. JD has 9 and GH has 8.

TheForce.net, Pillup's other site, is pretty much StarWarsShop.com's title page.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: September 19, 2005, 08:56 PM »
If any of you guys want to see your collections displayed on our front page, just pm or email me and let me know where to find some pics (or email them to me) and I will be more than happy to post them. We tried to do this a while back and had no takers... maybe now is a better time to try?

Here are shots of my collection.  Some are individual shots of sabers, some are shots of my son's room and some are shots of costumes and conventions.  Of course, now that I am moving I will have a ton of new shots once my house is complete.  :D

click me
Beth

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #1820 on: September 19, 2005, 09:02 PM »
This topic is rather disturbing to me.

I understand there's a lot of dislike for that particular site, but I think the "Collectors Collections" feature is an awesome thing and just another Reason I hit that front page often and don't go straight to the forums.  RS, GH and JD pretty much mirror the same news whenever it comes out these days (I'm waiting for the JD post about the Wal Mart bonus pack to pop up on the front page any minute now). So I'm not just visiting the main page over there for the news.

I like looking at other people's collections.  Many are bigger than mine. Many or not. I certainly don't look down my noses at the guys whose small collections make the front page.  I don't think they deserve that small "honor" any less than the "Philips" of the world who clearly have more money to blow on their collection than most of us put together.   And I like seeing his stuff too.  It's neat to see how someone with money can make even crappy POTF2 figures look valuable.

I always talk about how I'd love to post my collection images someday. I keep wanting to finish my room before I do it, but after reading this, I feel even more assured that I HAVE to do that.

I'd hate to feel like my collection wasn't deemed "Worthy" of the front page when I finally did post it.

Sheesh guys.
Got Clones?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1821 on: September 19, 2005, 09:19 PM »
This topic is rather disturbing to me...

Sheesh guys.

But that collection from Turkey there is admittedly pretty weak...  :-\

Sorry.  I take it back then.  This collector's collection is... uh... pretty... eclectic.  Yeah, that's what I meant.

:P

- M
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 09:21 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: September 19, 2005, 09:29 PM »
Yeah. Those peeled off stickers are da bomb.

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: September 19, 2005, 09:36 PM »
easy does it on ragging on other people's collections.  especially posting actual pictures.  these might not be gus or joseph y's collections, but someone was proud enough to submit them.

ultimately the real answer is not to bash the collections posted, but to get your kick ass collections posted instead.

and, if you wanna see the super collections you will have to watch for limelighting in the vintage section at rs.

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1824 on: September 19, 2005, 09:50 PM »
I think all of the ragging going on in here is pretty ******. While it may be stupid filler for RS to post every collection posted, I don't think anyone has the right to call someones collection stupid or not worthy. A collection can be anything... a collection of coins, a collection of trash, a collection of bottles of piss. It's still a collection and while you may not think it is all that much, it doesn't really matter what you think.

The original topic started off fine but quickly derailed into bitching about RebelScum (imagine that) and now a ****fest on fellow collector's collections. I'm actually kind of ashamed that this kind of crap is posted here.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 09:51 PM by Chris »

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: September 19, 2005, 09:55 PM »
The collections of some maybe small but its the fact that they are proud of it.
They love their starwars and got some of its stuff, the person might be a small kid with just a few items.
Man i remember when i first started my first collection pic was weak, it was a bantha,atst about 10 figures and about 12 micro machines.
We all start somewhere, who knows these guys might turn into mega power collectors that will put us all to shame.
As for them on the main page , i dont think thats needed maybe just a note to say collectors collections have been updated.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: September 19, 2005, 10:06 PM »
Chris, this is your house and if I have crossed a line, I do apologize to you and to everyone else. 

As I said earlier in the thread, a Burger King crown might be a person's favorite collectible and mean as much to them as some very expensive or rare piece.  As long as what the person has makes them happy, that's all that matters, and it's not my place to judge them for it.  :-[

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: September 19, 2005, 10:08 PM »
Well I think RS is just trying to put something "fresh" on it's news page instead of letting it get stagnant with nothing there for a few days.   No offense to JD in anyway shape or form but sometimes I wonder at times if the JD frontpage is going to get updated at times.  That is probably because I also check RS everday and notice it is updated with something.  It just appears to be updated more.  

AS far as the collections themselves go I just click on those pics to see the stuff.  I don't really give a crap how good or bad it's displayed.  It's mostly all Star Wars stuff so it can't be to bad to look at or snicker at!  Obviously you can tell who  has a really nice display or tons of stuff.  But bid deal it's all SW in the end.  

Personally I can't afford to display my stuff the way I want to.  Hell I barely have enough extra money to buy merchandise that I want.  Hopefully nobody will piss and moan about my collection because of that.  Ha-ha!  If you do then you suck on it.  LOL!  

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: September 19, 2005, 10:29 PM »
a collection of bottles of piss

:-[ :-[ :-[

Thanks for confirming this as being normal.

:-[ :-[ :-[

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: September 19, 2005, 10:39 PM »
Chris, this is your house and if I have crossed a line, I do apologize to you and to everyone else. 

As I said earlier in the thread, a Burger King crown might be a person's favorite collectible and mean as much to them as some very expensive or rare piece.  As long as what the person has makes them happy, that's all that matters, and it's not my place to judge them for it.  :-[

I don't think you have anything to apologize for, Michael.  You made it clear that collections big or small are important to their owners, and that's what really matters. 

Do they all "deserve" front page coverage?  Maybe not, but that's not really the point.  I've been unimpressed with some of the collections, but maybe it's because it's a younger collector with limited funds or a foreign collector with little access to the toys.  Like Jeff mentioned, I don't imagine it's easy for a guy in Turkey to collect Star Wars.

And yeah, it seems that things degraded to a RS bitchfest, which does get old sometimes.  Hey, if I had Philip's money, I'd buy the house next door and convert it into my own personal Star Wars museum.  But I don't have the money.  So I can't.  That being said, I'm not in anyway condoning how he treats some of his forum members, but I do credit some of the RS staff for showcasing some of the smaller and more unique collections.

So I'll spin it this way.  What does RS do that you like?  What does RS not do that you'd like to see at JD?  I'm looking for actual constructive ideas, not "Phil ******* sucks".