Author Topic: Willrow Hood  (Read 401996 times)

Offline poddie

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: The Hasbro Willrow Hood "Joke"
« Reply #240 on: July 28, 2006, 03:50 PM »
I just can't comprehend how people think ICMG is a good idea.

The market for this figure is so small that it can't possibly do anything but fail.  It seems like people want this guy just to prove a point, that Hasbro should do the fan's bidding.

Who in their right mind would pick this figure up other than completests and people who are doing it just for the kick of "hey, Hasbro made a stupid figure because we demanded it"?

I just don't get it... and you guys take it so seriously.  I really don't intend to offend, but it just seems like the crusade for this figure has been a big joke from day 1.  I'm sure that's what Hasbro was thinking...

Yarma (or whatever her name is) is at least a little more interesting, but still very bottom of the barrel.  She was at least a lot more memorable and someone people might recognize.  But a nameless, normal looking human running down a hallway never to be seen again?  Why SHOULD Hasbro make this guy???

As I said, sorry to offend, but I have been lurking quite a while and have always been madly curious about how anyone thinks this figure could work...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 28, 2006, 11:55 PM »
Mon Mothma
Jan Dodonna

Those names ring a bell?  What of any "army builder" that's just a technician or the like?  Imperial Scanning Tech?  Lemme see, they got whacked inside the Falcon and had 5.9 seconds of screen time and one line.  Of course that puts them ahead of 56% of the Star Wars figures made, so it's acceptable.  The rest are merely background aliens.  So what's wrong with a background human?  Were Tarkin or Antilles anything more than that in ROTS?  Did we really need a pregnant Padme figure? 

We're all idiots.  We'll buy anything, so why not at least try to have some influence beyond something with Darth in the title?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 29, 2006, 12:06 AM »

The market for this figure is so small that it can't possibly do anything but fail.  It seems like people want this guy just to prove a point, that Hasbro should do the fan's bidding.

I'd buy every ICMG I could find and wear them on my belt.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 29, 2006, 12:26 PM »
I thought this was pretty funny:

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #244 on: July 31, 2006, 11:41 AM »

I would make sure that every kid would get one for xmas.  Because nothing says "Happy Holidays" like an ice cream maker guy in an orange jogging suit.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 4, 2006, 03:52 AM »

I would make sure that every kid would get one for xmas.  Because nothing says "Happy Holidays" like an ice cream maker guy in an orange jogging suit.

Now that's funny.  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #246 on: August 4, 2006, 08:11 PM »
During the latest Q & A they say that "They will make Hood", just not in 2007!
« Last Edit: August 4, 2006, 08:12 PM by speedermike »
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #247 on: August 4, 2006, 08:15 PM »
Yeah eventually, who knows how long that will be in the next 12 years they have the Starwars license.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 5, 2006, 12:44 PM »
To make up for that joke they should have him in '08. :P Yarna should be on thye to-do list as well as the rest of Jabba's guys. but who knows.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #249 on: August 6, 2006, 09:35 AM »
I hope Yarna is coming out sooner than we think. I am hoping to see her at toyfair  ;D ..... :-\ (i hope)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #250 on: August 6, 2006, 11:33 AM »
Yarna made the top 10! She wa number 3! And wilrow was number 8!
Maybe she will be part of 07'

Maybe they will make it afterall.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Willrow Hood
« Reply #251 on: August 6, 2006, 07:52 PM »
So, Hasbro basically confirmed that someday, somehow Willrow will be made.  So now my thoughts turn to how/when this will occur

I really hope that they make a Bespin Wave in 2008 that consists of:

Luke Skywalker (Medical Frigate)
Princess Leia (Medical Frigate)
Lando Calrissian (Smuggler's Gear)
Willrow Hood
C-3PO Blown Apart Resculpt
Bespin Guard Running Change

To me, Bespin is by far the greatest environment in the Saga and it is also the one most lacking in good figures.  I sure hope Bespin Han and Luke are coming in the VTSC/VOTC next year.  With Lando, Lobot, a good Han Carbon Freeze, Leia Bespin they have made some progress in the past few years.  But we need more!

Thanks to everyone over the years that has made this eventually happen.  I know there are many people out there that don't get it at all...but those are the same people that haven't been posting around the boards since 1995 either.  Long time posters around the board get the Willrow Hood thing, it reckons to a simpler time when people wanted Porkins.  They made Porkins...and they are now making Willrow

The other way I could see it happening is in some sort of Multi-Pack.  Again I'd be OK with that, especially with reusing some of the POTJ Imperial Officer jump suit pieces.  Just as long as I get a 3-3/4" Ice Cream Maker, I can die with a smile on my face

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #252 on: August 7, 2006, 11:16 PM »
In my opinion, any charcater that appears on screen, no matter how short their moment of fame, is game for a figure.

In fact, I'll enjoy an accurate ICMG more than the repainted Scout/BARC crap any day.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #253 on: August 9, 2006, 04:47 AM »
Congratulations Scott, I almost shed a tear for you on this...

ICMG's as good a candidate as anyone and for customizing the fodder will most likely be pretty useable so there is some redeemable quality to the character being made as a figure...  I'm happy he's been promised by Hasbro but mostly for you Scott since this was your pet project.

I'd dig it if they tried to spice up the package by tossing in a junk droid pile, or a repaint single-piece droid thing (ala Treadwell).  Just something to spiff up the selling point of the figure...  I could easily see it being a multi-pack special though too.  It getting made at all is what is important though.

The fact he cracked the top 10 speaks volumes I think...  Of ALL those figures from ALL those fan's voices, and Wilrow made #8...  That says a TON about the support to get it ultimately despite what anyone else may have felt.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 9, 2006, 01:08 PM »
He(Scott) should get a 'I got Willrow Hood made' Tshirt made and wear it to conventions so all of us backers could sign it!