Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 159517 times)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Evolutions Sets
« Reply #405 on: March 12, 2008, 09:13 PM »
There was some great info in that Q and A: a red suited Sullustan B-Wing pilot is definitely coming, the second pilots set will have a human red-suited B-Wing pilot and different helmet!  I can't wait to see what the other 2 pilots will be  ;D
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 12, 2008, 10:32 PM »
There was some great info in that Q and A: a red suited Sullustan B-Wing pilot is definitely coming

I read that much more as there might be a new Nien Nunb on the way.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #407 on: March 12, 2008, 11:48 PM »
I would love to see Snowspeeder Wedge in the second set.  Of course, that won't happen, but that never stooped me before.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #408 on: March 13, 2008, 01:15 AM »
I said it before, and happily say it again, that I'm really excited to get a Keyan Farlander figure...  X-Wing was one of the most innovative and well-received Star Wars games ever, and on PC at that.  To get a figure of the pilot you play, but never see, is really outstanding. ;)

I'm not sure what uniform style they're going with as he really was never described in an OT storyline...  Maybe a post-OT showing, but regardless I'm quite happy to get a figure of him at all.  Now they need to do a complimentary set of Marrek Steele from TIE Fighter, and "Ace" Azzameen from X-Wing: Alliance.  That would friggin' rock balls.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 13, 2008, 09:17 AM »
There was some great info in that Q and A: a red suited Sullustan B-Wing pilot is definitely coming

I read that much more as there might be a new Nien Nunb on the way.

I really hope you're right.  I've really been hoping we'd see some spiffy resculpts of figures like Nunb, Ackbar, and the Gamorrean Guard.  I really think that Hasbro has done some nice looking alien figures the past few years, and I'd like to see what they could do with characters like this now.  I've been holding off grabbing the POTF2 versions of some of these (I missed them the earlier time around), hoping that we'd get new versions soon.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 13, 2008, 09:24 AM »
Regardless of the character, a red suited B-Wing pilot is loooong over due. Question is, what does different helmet mean? Same one just sculpted to his head size, or a different style all together?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #411 on: March 13, 2008, 02:06 PM »
The Evolutions Boba Fett is supposed to be a TESB version.  The VOTC version was his ROTJ costume.  As for the white skull cap, that was part of the original Boba Fett costume.  If you look for some behind the scenes images of Jeremy Bulloch on the set of ROTJ, you'll see that he has that white skull cap on while in costume.

Here an interesting bit I found at Creature Cantina. Boba Fett's head is just a repaint of the TAC Stormtrooper head. Those sneaky Hasbro folks.  :P
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 02:07 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #412 on: March 13, 2008, 05:09 PM »
Holy crap, I missed that one.
Eh, whatever. I leave the helmet on at all times anyway. Nice find.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 13, 2008, 11:43 PM »
Just checking again to see if anybody has an extra Boba from the Evolutions set to sell- I have paypal!  ;D
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 14, 2008, 09:19 AM »
The Evolutions Boba Fett is supposed to be a TESB version.  The VOTC version was his ROTJ costume.  As for the white skull cap, that was part of the original Boba Fett costume.  If you look for some behind the scenes images of Jeremy Bulloch on the set of ROTJ, you'll see that he has that white skull cap on while in costume.

Here an interesting bit I found at Creature Cantina. Boba Fett's head is just a repaint of the TAC Stormtrooper head. Those sneaky Hasbro folks.  :P

I thought the head looked familiar....
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 15, 2008, 02:36 PM »
I never picked up the TAC stormie so the helmet head deal was a surprise to me. But in the end, I still like the evo boba though my  son likes the saga legends one more because he looks like the RotJ boba. But the evo boba has WAY better articulation so tha'ts my reason.I don't take his helmet off too often either so it really doesn't matter to me. they're just toys and my son loves to play with them.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 16, 2008, 06:10 PM »
For anyone that's interested, it looks like the Evolutions sets are finally popping up at HTS.  Last I checked, they had the Force Unleashed, Fett Legacy, Jedi Legacy, Sith Legacy, and Anakin to Vader sets all in stock.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 17, 2008, 09:02 AM »
I've been seeing all of these in the stores more and more lately. Still no definitive shelf warmer yet.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 17, 2008, 01:52 PM »
I've been seeing all of these in the stores more and more lately. Still no definitive shelf warmer yet.

Here it's the Qui-Gon/Bultar Swan/Luke set.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 17, 2008, 02:29 PM »
I've yet to see the Fett Legacy on shelves here, but I've seen the others now.  The Force Unleashed I've only seen one time (this weekend), and there have been Jedi Legacy sets sitting at Target and TRU for a little bit now.  Otherwise, its nothing but the Anakin set everywhere.  I actually haven't seen either of the Sith sets on shelves here either lately.  The "new" one I've never seen, and the repackaged one I only saw once - the first time these were stocked again at Target.