Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 158676 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2008 Evolutions Sets
« Reply #420 on: March 17, 2008, 02:41 PM »
I've been seeing all of these in the stores more and more lately. Still no definitive shelf warmer yet.

Here it's the Qui-Gon/Bultar Swan/Luke set.

Not that it's a shelfwarmer here yet, but I do see the Jedi set more than the other two.  I'd like a second Sith set and still need a Fett set for a gift, but they're less common.  I will say I've seen the Fett's more than the Sith though.  Even the first Sith set seems to move more than the Clone and Anakin sets...  I think had the first series released the original Yellow Clone set, it would've moved better.  It's my preferred set personally since all 3 are movie Troopers while I find the grey one to be a little on the obscure side with the grey commander and all.  Plus a SA Clone Pilot's always a plus in that yellow set, at least to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 18, 2008, 12:02 AM »
Picked up the Force Unleashed set yesterday... Great pack of figures. The Jedi is very cool, looks like a cross between a CW Jedi and Obi-Wan's ANH robes. The spot for his lightsaber in his belt is pretty neat too. The Secret Apprentice's force lightning bracelets are interesting. Are they restraints commisioned by Vader to make sure he doesn't run away? Or could they just be him getting force electrocuted by Palps? Nice figure anyways. The only one I'm not a huge fan of is the Sith lord, he seems too much like a fan-fic design. Can't wait til the game's released.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 18, 2008, 12:39 AM »
Around here the sets that sit around long than most are the Jedi Legacy and the Fett Legacy.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 21, 2008, 10:11 AM »
According to Jedi Insider's Q and A, it doesn't sound like Han or Luke Evolution sets are coming anytime soon:

JI: Will we see more Evolution sets centered around original triology characters, for example Luke (Tatooine, Bespin, Jedi) or Han (ANH, Bespin, Endor)?

Hasbro: We do not have any plans for Luke or Han Evolution sets for this year, since many of those figures were recently done or will be upcoming in basic figures in the next couple of years. In general, on Evolutions, our tendency is to cover a theme with multiple characters (like Legacy of the Sith, Legacy of the Jedi, Legacy of the Fetts, upcoming Rebellion and Imperial pilots) or a single character we are not likely to do in basic figures for a long, long time (Secret Apprentice, Padme).

This goes in line with the news this week that an Obi-Wan evolutions set was scrapped so that the individual figures could be used to anchor waves.  I guess I can understand this thinking, and I don't really mind as long as we can get figures like "ultimate", SA versions of Bespin Han, Hoth Luke, etc. in the regular (or vintage, if it continues) line.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 21, 2008, 10:51 AM »
Another Q and A stated that the Fett set will continue shipping through Summer, and will have a fixed Boba with insignia.  I haven't yet seen this set, and just want the Boba, so I guess I'll wait for the corrected version later.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 24, 2008, 09:59 AM »
I know its not the most popular (or hard to find) set, but I see that BBTS has the Jedi Legacy set on "clearance" for $16.99.  A few bucks off if you're ordering something anyways, so I just thought I'd pass it along to anyone who might be interested.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 24, 2008, 06:23 PM »
Another Q and A stated that the Fett set will continue shipping through Summer, and will have a fixed Boba with insignia.  I haven't yet seen this set, and just want the Boba, so I guess I'll wait for the corrected version later.

I wonder if this means that the Fett Legacy set will be reshipped in the White Legacy Collection style packaging?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 24, 2008, 07:32 PM »
Hasbro said at Toy Fair that the 4 new Evolutions sets that are currently shipping will be reissued in the new, white Legacy packaging.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 25, 2008, 10:30 AM »
The Sith set is selling great in my area.  I've only seen that one at retail three times, as compared to the Fett/Unleashed set I see on almost every toy run, and the Jedi sets are very common.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 25, 2008, 10:37 AM »
Yeah, I've never seen that 2nd Sith set on the shelves around here at all (or the Fett one, for that matter).  The Anakin and Jedi sets seem to be the ones on the shelves most often.

On a side note, is anyone still seeing the original (repacked) Sith set around?  I thought about picking another one up, mainly to get another one of those Mauls (but the other two are fine too), and haven't seen them around.  No biggie, just curious if more might be making it to the shelves.  I like the Dooku and Palps fine too, but I guess I don't know if I should buy a whole extra set just for Darth Maul.  I kind of like the looks of the upcoming repainted Palpy coming in the Order 66 sets anyways.  Sorry, getting off topic, but just curious if this set was around anymore at all - it seems to be sold out at many online sources I've checked recently.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 25, 2008, 10:56 AM »
Around here I've seen all of the sets. The jedi legacy one is the one that sits the most. I've been collecting these figures a la cart instead of buying the full set. All I've really wanted was the mando warrior, darth bane and NJO Luke.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 25, 2008, 11:11 AM »
Yeah, I've never seen that 2nd Sith set on the shelves around here at all (or the Fett one, for that matter).  The Anakin and Jedi sets seem to be the ones on the shelves most often.

On a side note, is anyone still seeing the original (repacked) Sith set around?  I thought about picking another one up, mainly to get another one of those Mauls (but the other two are fine too), and haven't seen them around.  No biggie, just curious if more might be making it to the shelves.  I like the Dooku and Palps fine too, but I guess I don't know if I should buy a whole extra set just for Darth Maul.  I kind of like the looks of the upcoming repainted Palpy coming in the Order 66 sets anyways.  Sorry, getting off topic, but just curious if this set was around anymore at all - it seems to be sold out at many online sources I've checked recently.

Haven't been seeing that set anymore at all... which is a shame because it's an awesome set, and my favorite out of all the Evolution sets.

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 25, 2008, 12:16 PM »
i went to a toys'r'us two times last week, the second time i wanted to buy the jedi legacy set, but there it was sold out, but these sets look great, mostly the sith and jedi set
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 25, 2008, 12:50 PM »
I have extra of all the sets except the Sith, so if anyone needs the TFU, Jedi Legacy, or Fett Legacy sets, I'd be willing to trade them or sell for cost + shipping.  ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 30, 2008, 01:27 AM »
I picked up the Jedi Legacy evolution set at my Toys R Us in Ridgefield CT a couple of weeks ago.  I don't know if any of you had noticed this but apparently, they gave Luke the wrong lightsaber.