Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 159807 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2008 Evolutions Sets
« Reply #435 on: March 30, 2008, 07:25 AM »
I picked up the Jedi Legacy evolution set at my Toys R Us in Ridgefield CT a couple of weeks ago.  I don't know if any of you had noticed this but apparently, they gave Luke the wrong lightsaber.

I'm pretty sure he had built a new one by the time NJO rolled around. IIRC it was supposed to be based of Anakin's but the blade was green instead of blue. If that is the case, he has the right one.
"This is the way."

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 30, 2008, 10:30 AM »
I thought Luke was really supposed to have his lightsaber from Return of the Jedi.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #437 on: March 30, 2008, 04:00 PM »
I bought all 4 and just returned the Sith and the FU one...I'm more excited for the next few than these last 4 although I really dig the Fett one, even with the funky colors and missing tamper.  Qui Gon is really good and I actually sort of like Luke.  I agree that the lack of accessories suck but meh :-\

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #438 on: March 31, 2008, 01:05 AM »
I thought Luke was really supposed to have his lightsaber from Return of the Jedi.

My understanding from the books is that Luke's saber after ROTJ looked just like his ROTJ saber (if it wasn't the same one).

In Vision of the Future, he and Mara discuss how different the grips are between Anakin's and his lightsaber since she was using Anakin's lightsaber since the end of the Thrawn trilogy.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 4, 2008, 10:24 PM »
Picked up the new Sith set at TRU. Fantastic figures, but Nihilus is by far my favorite of the set. The tattered robe looks great with his molded cloak and the little details like his dreadlocks are neat. Maul is pretty cool, although I would've liked for a soft goods outer robe to be included, to make him a bit more versatile. Bane is my least favorite, the armor justs looks stupid and distracting.

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 6, 2008, 03:08 PM »
i ordered the jedi legacy set now, i am really excited

i haven't got a luke yet, and i think, this one is the best alternative
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 7, 2008, 02:39 PM »
I totally missed the news about the human red B-Wing pilot.  Nice! 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 8, 2008, 09:38 AM »
I have to say, none of the 30Av sets are sitting around, even the Jedi one.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 8, 2008, 10:21 AM »
Agreed, they're selling great around here too.  I think part of it has to do with lack of new product in terms of basic figures, but either way these are doing very well it seems, which hopefully will convince Hasbro to continue this format beyond the Legacy collection (though I think the pilots set has pegwarmer written all over it).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 8, 2008, 10:27 AM »
I've noticed these have started selling through around here as well.  Our Wal-Marts don't seem to carry them for some reason, but Target had a pile of the Anakin sets for the longest time, and those are sold out now.  Same with TRU.  They had tons of the Anakin set out, but now just a couple remain (and a couple of the Jedi Legacy as well).  Aside from those two sets, I don't remember the last time I saw most of the others at retail at all around here.  Luckily, the "new" sets have been consistently in stock at HTS for anyone missing them.  I really like this line, and if for some reason the VOTC can't continue, I hope these do.  It will be interesting to see how the Fall sets (Pilots and Padme) do at retail, although I know I'm really looking forward to them.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 8, 2008, 11:12 AM »
I'm definitely excited about the Padme set... I'm probably just bitter about the pilot set because I think a regular Rebel Trooper set is more appropriate (we've been getting good pilots since Dutch Vander, but haven't gotten an all new Rebel sculpt in years - Fleet Trooper, Endor Trooper or Hoth Trooper...)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 16, 2008, 09:11 AM »
Per the new photo on the front page, first time I noticed a holster.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 16, 2008, 10:48 AM »
Damn, I really don't like this... could be the first Evolutions set that I boycott.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 16, 2008, 11:29 AM »
I'll definately need a 2 of her, gotta have a Leia pilot.  With her father's mad pilot skills she's had to have flown in something besides the Falcon.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #449 on: April 16, 2008, 03:50 PM »
I might buy 3 sets...  To me it's as good as an army builder really.  Same for the second set.  Lots of good pilot stuff there.  I'm hoping you can swap a Juno Eclipse head onto the pilot body with some ease too. 

I have a personal gut feeling this figure will see re-use as a Jaina Solo figure for some reason.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77