Author Topic: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets  (Read 159441 times)

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: 2008/2009 Evolutions Sets
« Reply #720 on: February 17, 2009, 04:03 AM »
Ok Jayson, here was the answer by Robert, the illustrator of Omega in Targets etc.,basicly Niner was the Purple but at this point it doesn't matter if Hasbro say its Fi.  :)

Robert:

The short answer to your question is I don't know. Now I'll give you the long answer. The Commando pointing/purple blue paint scheme is Niner and that is something that Lucasfilm wanted to be clear about. When I began work on the illustrations there was confusion as to which characters would have what coloring or distinguishable marks. The understanding was that the color schemes weren't addressed at the time for specific characters so they let me paint them and printed them as is. We didn't nessiceraly say this character is this and that character is that. They just wanted Niner to be clear to the audience. Because the paint scheme issue came up with us at the time it's something that Karen Traviss, the author of the novels and short stories wanted to clear up. So in the second novel Karen specifically made mention of their new color schemes which are black. This can also be seen in the second Commando short story that I also did the illustrations for in Star Wars Insider #87 "ODDS". On the title page the Commando is Atin seen in his black scheme. So currently my belief is that black is the official color scheme of Omega Squad.

I know this didn't exactly answer your question but hopefully it gives you a little insight as to why I can't say exactly who the other characters are. If you'd like to ask any other questions on the artwork that I've done on the Republic Commando stories I would happily try to answer. Thanks and take care.

-Robert
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 04:11 AM by Theta 288 »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: February 17, 2009, 09:17 AM »
Can one of the clone experts out there tell me the difference between the Red Clone Commando and his Order 66 counterpart?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 17, 2009, 10:25 AM »
Can one of the clone experts out there tell me the difference between the Red Clone Commando and his Order 66 counterpart?

Not sure the details that u want, but I know the diference between the two since I have the O-66 red one, and Arc's variants.

Evo Arc Alpha 17:

a) Head is a new sculp of old Jango
b) legs straps are painted red
c) dots rank on the chest
d) Kama from black arc mandalorian pack- no holdsters for pistols
e) arm comunicator unwired or unattached to pauldron
f) new radio aparatus or scanner
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 05:01 PM by Theta 288 »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 17, 2009, 06:36 PM »
Why WalMart?  WHY?!?!?!

WalMart is The Suck when it comes to exclusives.  And Hasbro goes and gives the center of all suckdom in the retail universe one of the coolest series of multi-packs in the Hasbro Star Wars line.  I personally would have preferred TRU to have gotten the Evolutions 3-packs if they had to go the exclusive route.  TRU exclusives tend to be infinitely easier to acquire than any WalMart exclusive.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 06:37 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #724 on: February 17, 2009, 08:07 PM »
Nick,

I have had luck around here with Wal-Mart exclusives.  If you have trouble when these are released, and if my luck holds, I'll help you out.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 17, 2009, 08:34 PM »
I've eventually been able to track down most WalMart exclusives.  But I certainly appreciate the offer, so thank you Matt.

My post is more of an indictment of the inconsistency with which WalMart exclusives seem to be distributed.  I suppose that's indicative of the numerous store grades that WalMart operates, and that the larger stores wind up with more stock than some of the smaller stores.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 18, 2009, 12:35 AM »
I understand the frustration, just know the offer stands.  What are friends for?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 18, 2009, 09:22 AM »
Thanks Theta. I think I got it. A couple small new parts then, but mainly a re-paint.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 19, 2009, 09:05 AM »
Why WalMart?  WHY?!?!?!

WalMart is The Suck when it comes to exclusives.  And Hasbro goes and gives the center of all suckdom in the retail universe one of the coolest series of multi-packs in the Hasbro Star Wars line.  I personally would have preferred TRU to have gotten the Evolutions 3-packs if they had to go the exclusive route.  TRU exclusives tend to be infinitely easier to acquire than any WalMart exclusive.

Simply because they are the largest retail chain in the world. They are also the craptacularist at screwing all collectors over because their distribution of these great items blows as bad as tornado in a Texas Trailer park.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 19, 2009, 11:36 AM »
I will definitely be picking up the Rebel Pilots set particularly for Shira Brie. Gotta support the Marvel Characters as much as possible so they keep making more. This one, and the Lumiya comic pack are awesome!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 19, 2009, 11:40 AM »
I will definitely be picking up the Rebel Pilots set particularly for Shira Brie. Gotta support the Marvel Characters as much as possible so they keep making more. This one, and the Lumiya comic pack are awesome!

I am so glad by the end of the year we will have both "versions" of Shira. I'm very excited about that, but certainly am not looking forward to hunting the wastelands/garbage dump that most WMs are for the EVOs.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 26, 2009, 02:11 PM »
Thanks Theta. I think I got it. A couple small new parts then, but mainly a re-paint.

U welcome Darthy.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 04:30 PM by Theta 288 »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #732 on: May 22, 2009, 03:41 AM »
Some new images of Shira Brie from the Wal-Mart exclusive Rebel Pilot Evolutions set turned up...  Look for this hot mama before too long.  No clue where she's from, but I was told she's Lumiya before Lumiya is Lumiya...  Who knew huh? :)  Not me.

Helmet on and off...  I could use a lot of this set I'm thinking due to the A-Wing and X-Wing pilot.  Shira's a nice figure too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 22, 2009, 08:17 AM »
She's from the 80s comics. She's one of Luke's "pals".
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 22, 2009, 05:51 PM »
I wish the male pilots had the holster for their sidearms.  I think it's a cool feature.
This is the way.

I have spoken.