Author Topic: TVC Carbon Freezing Chamber Playset  (Read 9073 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: TVC Carbon Freezing Chamber Playset
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2021, 07:15 PM »
I finally opened mine and set it up over the weekend.  While I like the concept, its just too big (that's what she said).  I even removed a bunch of the "wire frame" that would require an even taller space.

I'm trying to maximize space, so I'm not sure I'm going to keep this displayed.  I'll give it a go and see if I can get things below and on top packed in kind of tight, but one of the challenges is that there just weren't that many characters that interacted with this scene.  I'll probably put all of the Cloud City denizens we have (not many), and maybe all the bounty hunters from TESB, but there is still going to be a bunch of room leftover.

Ultimately I'm glad Hasbro did this playset for those who love it, and just for the fact that they did a playset, but I'm not sure it'll stay in my shelves for very long.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2021, 01:39 AM »
I kinda agree, but wouldn’t want a truncated one.  I can’t help but think this is partially why it comes in halves too.  Complete, it’s a massive playset/display.  A kind of iconic one which is nice though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2021, 09:26 AM »
It's definitely very large.  I think the options you have in whether or not to attach the staircase and the wireframe make it so that you can choose exactly how you want to display it.

Frankly, I'm a little surprised when I see these sitting at Best Buy stores.  I would have thought that some people would be scooping them up for the unique Stormtroopers.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 09:27 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2021, 10:24 AM »
I have been tempted, but the one at my local Best Buy has a box that's pretty mangled.
This is the way.

I have spoken.