Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2009  (Read 100416 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Regular Season 2009
« Reply #480 on: November 15, 2009, 02:25 AM »
So who's going to win the Colts / Pats game?

Bengals / Steelers?

I like the Pats to win with Indy's secondary injured.  The Bengals have been tough on offense and defense - I think they can take this one, but they're also due for a loss.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 15, 2009, 10:38 AM »
I'll take the Colts and the Bengals.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #482 on: November 15, 2009, 11:36 PM »
Steelers o-line took the day off, again, and so that 'bout sums that game up.  I don't know when they plan on drafting to fix that.  I thought the last 2 years they should've and this year it's showing worse than any other.

Pollamalu reinjuring his knee seems like just another disaster.  It was a defensive struggle back and forth, and all that jazz.  Fun to watch if you like Defense though, and the Bengals (and more to the point, Cincinnatti) deserve something to be happy about.  They've sucked for a long time.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 15, 2009, 11:45 PM »
Colts over Pats - holy ****.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #484 on: November 15, 2009, 11:51 PM »
Belichick has huge balls...but man what a terrible decision to go for that.  Punt the ball...idiot

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #485 on: November 16, 2009, 12:52 AM »
I was really surprised to see the Pack asswhoop the Cowgirls today.  As bad as the Packers looked the last two weeks, they played and dominated a decent team.  Either the Cowboys really took the week off or the Pack played their game of the year.

Vikes played well enough to win against the hapless Motor City Kitties.  On to Seattle I guess.  I think if the Vikings win the next two and Green Bay loses one of the next two, the Vikes clinch the North.  Should be interesting to see if the Saints stumble because it looks like a two horse race right now for Home Field Adv

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 16, 2009, 07:04 AM »
Belichick has huge balls...but man what a terrible decision to go for that.  Punt the ball...idiot

This may be emotional hyperbole, but other than CBS's decision to have the KC/Oakland game as the late game on tv in this market , The Patriots' waste of their timeouts and not punting were the dumbest moves I've seen in my days of watching the NFL.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 16, 2009, 12:54 PM »
Personally, I think the Vikes already clinched the North.  No one's going to catch them now. 

I was at the Packer game yesterday and it was a blast.  (quite literally as I froze my finger with leaking propane while TG'ing  ::)  )  The Pack played well, especially the defense, but I've lost faith in McCarthy's coaching.  He made a bunch of boneheaded and easy to identify calls in the first half - we were lucky that Dallas was off their game as well.

Nick - I have no idea what the hell Bellycheck was thinking - what an idiot.  Yes, if you make it the game is over.  But guess what happens for certain if you don't?
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 16, 2009, 12:55 PM »
Steelers o-line took the day off, again, and so that 'bout sums that game up.  I don't know when they plan on drafting to fix that.  I thought the last 2 years they should've and this year it's showing worse than any other.

Pollamalu reinjuring his knee seems like just another disaster.  It was a defensive struggle back and forth, and all that jazz.  Fun to watch if you like Defense though, and the Bengals (and more to the point, Cincinnatti) deserve something to be happy about.  They've sucked for a long time.

Let's give credit where credit is due.  The Bengals are killing teams at the line on both sides - Pittsburgh didn't give it up as much as the Bengals just plain took it.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 16, 2009, 02:03 PM »
Holy crap the Bucs beat one team and were competative against another.  I'm starting to like this Josh Freeman kid.  If he keeps it up for the rest of the year and shows improvement, I'm going to be thrilled.

But, at this point I'm sort of also hoping for the #1 overall pick and for the Bucs to draft Suh.  They need a big time DT in the worst way.  I'm also not sold on this coaching staff at all.  I want Morris fired and I want them to take a run at a guy like Cowher or Shanahan or Fisher (if he gets canned) and I want the OC fired yesterday.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 16, 2009, 03:24 PM »
Holy crap the Bucs beat one team and were competative against another.  I'm starting to like this Josh Freeman kid.  If he keeps it up for the rest of the year and shows improvement, I'm going to be thrilled.

But, at this point I'm sort of also hoping for the #1 overall pick and for the Bucs to draft Suh.  They need a big time DT in the worst way.  I'm also not sold on this coaching staff at all.  I want Morris fired and I want them to take a run at a guy like Cowher or Shanahan or Fisher (if he gets canned) and I want the OC fired yesterday.

Man, you're calling for a lot of unemployment for a liberal!   ;)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 16, 2009, 03:42 PM »

Man, you're calling for a lot of unemployment for a liberal!   ;)

Nah, I want them to hire replacements.  It's a net of zero.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #492 on: November 16, 2009, 04:08 PM »

Let's give credit where credit is due.  The Bengals are killing teams at the line on both sides - Pittsburgh didn't give it up as much as the Bengals just plain took it.

I disagree, however I did give the credit where it was due, and that was Cincy's defense (and special teams too, that is a sore spot here and they exploited that)...  You can't say a team "just took it" though, when the only offensive scores were a runback kick and field goals all day.  Roethlisberger threw sloppy passes, and when he didn't the usually reliable receivers dropped them.  And when that wasn't happening the o-line collapsed around Roethlisberger and let him get sacked.  There was a lot of game-changing stuff that the Steelers screwed up without much help from Cincy.  The Bengals are still a much-improved team though, and kept everything even for the most part.  It wasn't a pretty game for either team though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 16, 2009, 05:45 PM »

I disagree, however I did give the credit where it was due, and that was Cincy's defense (and special teams too, that is a sore spot here and they exploited that)...  You can't say a team "just took it" though, when the only offensive scores were a runback kick and field goals all day.  Roethlisberger threw sloppy passes, and when he didn't the usually reliable receivers dropped them.  And when that wasn't happening the o-line collapsed around Roethlisberger and let him get sacked.  There was a lot of game-changing stuff that the Steelers screwed up without much help from Cincy.  The Bengals are still a much-improved team though, and kept everything even for the most part.  It wasn't a pretty game for either team though.

I can, and I did!   >:D  I'm just razzing from one JJ to another.

I didn't see any of the game, so I'm sure you'd know better what happened.  I'd add in though that Benson was injured and that probably made the Catz more one dimensional.  From the portions of Cinci games I have watched this year (including the previous Steelers game), their offensive and defensive lines are just beating everybody (though Benson's looked great all by himself as well). 

I actually told the 3 guys I went to the Packer game with that Cinci was going to beat Pittsburgh based on their wins at the line of scrimage and they all thought I was crazy until they saw the score.   

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #494 on: November 16, 2009, 05:51 PM »
Steelers were without POlamalu too though for most of the game...  again...  ::)  Same knee I believe.