Author Topic: 3.75" Black Series Rumors  (Read 86667 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Black Series Rumors
« Reply #120 on: August 6, 2015, 08:39 PM »
I would NOT count on SA TFA yet...  Wouldn't discount OT/PT filling that TBS3.75" slot though. :x

100% agree...it'll probably just be leftover Wave 7/8 stuff. I predict anger and disappointment come 9/4.

I'm doubting it being 3.75" SA TFA figures/characters too.

At the very least, it'll be the leftover Wave 7/8 stuff.  At the most,maybe a new wave of OT/PT figures in the new Ep7 Red/Black type packaging.  Stuff like that lost Ceremony Leia and figures that have been rumored for a while now, like Yakface.  Probably not TFA stuff.  And it'll be interesting to see the price once that gets out too...

Like Nick said, patience.  We'll find out soon enough at the rate stuff is leaking.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2015, 08:41 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #121 on: August 6, 2015, 08:42 PM »
I didn't say it'd be repacked wave 7/8.  :-*

Think people are blowing stacks early on articulation is all.

I don't think Hasbro has thrown towel in on articulated 4", I just have a "feeling" it'll be something of an aside for collectors and not a focus.  IE, TFA is obviously a focus and will be for the majority of items but the OT/PT isn't gone to Disney, and that would be the best way to do articulated 4" stuff...  For now.  TFA articulated maybe later?  Either way, strong indications 4" articulated isn't as "dead" as some want to imply I believe.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2015, 08:47 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 6, 2015, 09:01 PM »
I think that people got that sense of despair following the lack of news at three major events:  Toy Fair, Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim and San Diego Comic Con.  Hasbro, Lucasfilm and every other licensee have all been so tight-lipped that it gets people talking and quite possibly worried.  And when we saw such an extreme focus on the 6" scale it got people concerned about the way the entire line might be focused.  The proof will be in what we see on September 4th and beyond.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #123 on: August 6, 2015, 10:36 PM »
Ceremony Leia is one thing I've pointed to before as evidence against the sky is falling theatrics on display here and there. They've acknowledged she's coming in the same interviews they declined to discuss SA figures 9/4 and beyond - hint, hint.

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 6, 2015, 11:32 PM »
I would just like to point out once again how annoying this is that we have to still be discussing this in a "rumor" thread less than a month out.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 7, 2015, 09:26 AM »
I'm starting to think Hasbro's onto something with the mystery around this event.  If they had just shown us what's out there I'm sure there would be some praise and excitement, but there would definitely be a wave of people complaining about the products, their strategy, pricing, crummy distribution, etc.  I think a fair amount of people would just wait to get the products at a later date like usual.  With the whole Force Friday mystery, it has people talking daily and thinking about the possibilities.  I think more people will end up going to the midnight madness because of the unknowns.  I know it really bothers some of you not knowing, but from a marketing standpoint, they have fans and collectors right where they want us - anxious and excited about what's coming versus bitterly complaining and talking others out of a potential purchase. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #126 on: August 7, 2015, 12:51 PM »
I know it really bothers some of you not knowing, but from a marketing standpoint, they have fans and collectors right where they want us - anxious and excited about what's coming versus bitterly complaining and talking others out of a potential purchase. 

That's probably true to a point.  Better to have folks hoping and wondering than complaining...   but I'm sure the complaining will be back in droves before Force Friday is over.

In fact, thanks to twitter and facebook, there's a good chance the bitterness and complaining will be back in full force before the West Coast kids ever get to midnight madness.  Think how annoyed those West Coast guys are going to be, standing in line at their local TRU reading tweet after tweet from East Coasters who didn't find what they were hoping for on the pegs.   :P

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #127 on: August 7, 2015, 02:15 PM »
That's a really good point about social media, Jeff. Depending on how much is spoiled before we get to 9/4 (probably most of it the way we're going) folks here in the Midwest and out west will know exactly what they're walking into for good or bad.

Offline indysolo007

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 9, 2015, 08:42 PM »
I'm hoping we'll know far before the night of the event. If it is the case, I'm east coast, plan to attend and will surely post for the folks in other time zones.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 9, 2015, 09:30 PM »
I'm hoping we'll know far before the night of the event. If it is the case, I'm east coast, plan to attend and will surely post for the folks in other time zones.

Define 'far before' the event.  9/4 is a measly three and a half weeks from now.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 9, 2015, 11:12 PM »
That's probably true to a point.  Better to have folks hoping and wondering than complaining...   but I'm sure the complaining will be back in droves before Force Friday is over.

I agree - the product is whatever the product is and no amount of PR or press is going to make people like it more.  I think people caught up in the event might buy stuff they normally wouldn't have, but who knows.  I'm still on the fence about going, and even if I do I think I'll hold off on getting much unless there is something really special. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline indysolo007

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 10, 2015, 09:52 PM »

Define 'far before' the event.  9/4 is a measly three and a half weeks from now.

Hell, I'd settle for a week before at this point. No idea what they accomplish by blacking out information. Like knowing what a few characters we've seen in a trailer won't ruin the movie. Remember how seeing Tion Medden, Wookie Warrior etc totally ruined episode 3...well other things ruined episode 3 like droids that can diagnose dying of a broken Heart.

Offline Phenotype

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 14, 2015, 01:18 PM »
http://www.blastr.com/2015-8-14/leaked-peek-hasbros-kylo-ren-captain-phasma-and-10-more-force-awakens-action-figures

First look at 3.75" figures. Not part of TBS and don't have the level of articulation that TBS figures have.  :-\

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #133 on: August 18, 2015, 12:35 AM »
So many "retail exclusive" or "chrome collection" rumors out there again for the future of the SA 3.75" stuff...  I don't know what to believe anymore.  Here's a small sampling of the stuff I've read over the past 5 days from "legit" or "confirmed" sources:

3.75" SA is taking a break, but will be back in 2016!
3.75" SA will be on the pegs at Walmart on #ForceFriday!
3.75" SA will be relabeled "Chrome Collection", exclusively at TRU!
3.75" SA will be a shared big box retail exclusive, screwing over guys at BBTS and EE!
3.75" SA is dead forever!

If only there would have been some giant comic-con with a Hasbro presence this summer where we could have learned anything about stuff like this.

The sadistic part of me is hoping the "store exclusive" rumors pan out, because won't that be fun watching the social media rage when people find out they missed out on the SA 3.75" stuff because they happened to choose the wrong retailer for their #ForceFriday shopping and didn't make it to Store X in time.  >:D

And, speaking as a person who has bought 95% of my figures by the case from fine folks at BBTS or EE for the better part of 3 years...  nothing like screwing over the etailers by supposedly taking the SA 3.75" stuff out of their hands.

Then again, the "store exclusive" rumor could just be for a sub-line of 3.75" SA figures (like Walmart's TPM3D stuff) and not the full basic line.  Argh, it sucks not knowing anything.

Ugh, I need to go back to looking at the pretty TFA cards and not thinking about how messed up things are right now for the SA 3.75" line. :(

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 18, 2015, 10:13 AM »
The sadistic part of me is hoping the "store exclusive" rumors pan out, because won't that be fun watching the social media rage when people find out they missed out on the SA 3.75" stuff because they happened to choose the wrong retailer for their #ForceFriday shopping and didn't make it to Store X in time.  >:D

Or the fact that if it's a TRU (or some other retailer) exclusive, then the cry that not everyone has a TRU within 30-50 miles of them so they feel left out of the chance.