Author Topic: 30AC Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith  (Read 78125 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #285 on: March 14, 2007, 12:22 PM »
The SBD gets my award for best figure in the wave. Nice upgrade on material, paint and articulation.

Agreed, hands down the best figure in the wave.  Might not be as popular as clone-mania, but this is a superior figure to the Marine... and Windu too (even though Mace rocks).

:P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #286 on: March 14, 2007, 12:31 PM »
The only thing that irritates me about the SBD is the two little holes in his torso.  Too bad they couldn't have left the flames as "clip-ons" and avoided the holes in the torso.   :-\

I love the clones and I love the SBD, but the one that has really grown on me since opening him is R2.  Sure, he's very scene specific (after so many R2's I guess that's all they have left at this point is ultra scene specific), but when combined with the SBD, they do make for a very cool little display.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 14, 2007, 06:01 PM »
An new Wal-Mart literally 5 minutes from my house opened up today, so I decided to go and see what they had in the toy aisle.

I found multiples of EVERY TAC figure in Wave 1 (except the McTrooper, I got the last one). I also saw multiple Final 22 figures, new Galactic Heroes, and the Tantive Battle Pack. TAC figures are $6.63, the same price as TSC figures, which you can see in my shot of the receipt.

Older Wal-Marts didn't have anything, but this new one did. So keep your eyes peeled, looks like these are finally starting to hit the "Big 3"...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 15, 2007, 11:53 AM »
Cool find Diddly.  I know that Qui George and some other guys scored these at a couple of Walmarts in the KC area a few weeks back (lucky finds to be sure) but I don't think I've heard of any other people finding them at Walmart yet. 

Offline Kill_Solo

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
Hasbro Toy Shop .com has TAC Wave 1 in stock ... is this old news?
« Reply #289 on: March 15, 2007, 12:08 PM »
Hasbro Toy Shop .com has TAC Wave 1 in stock ... is this old news?

Well, let me rephrase, had TAC Wave 1 in stock.... the only thing hanging on is the Airborne Trooper.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 12:14 PM by Kill_Solo »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 15, 2007, 12:42 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.  I ordered a few things (the coin album is also available), but of course the Galactic Marine, Airborne Trooper, and McQuarrie Stormtrooper are all sold out right now.  Oh well, a few less things to hunt for in the next couple weeks.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #291 on: March 15, 2007, 09:19 PM »
I picked up a bunch of these tonight.  Nice wave, but Mace is really a let down, and crappy toy. His skirt is so solid that any leg movement above the knee is s joke.  It aggrivates me because the Obi-Wan has a softer skirt with slits that allows lots of playability and poses, and this Obi-Wan was sculted at least 2 years ago.  I'll never understand why Hasbro backtracks so often.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 15, 2007, 11:14 PM »
im still looking.  :(   >:(  my sister says she saw an obi at target a week ago but didnt buy it (smart shopper). she described the package as being very cool but significantly smaller than the SAGA ones. is this true?

i cant wait to get my paws on these, they look great!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 15, 2007, 11:49 PM »
Cool find Diddly.  I know that Qui George and some other guys scored these at a couple of Walmarts in the KC area a few weeks back (lucky finds to be sure) but I don't think I've heard of any other people finding them at Walmart yet.

Oh? I've only heard of people finding figures at K-Mart and Sears Grand stores so far, so I figured mine was the first report of figures at Wal-Mart. Kansas City seems to have magical Wal-Marts, I remember them getting the Vintage figures like 3 months ahead of time last year.

she described the package as being very cool but significantly smaller than the SAGA ones. is this true?

Vertically they're exactly the same height as the TSC cards, but they're much less wide. I'd like to say they're the same width as older style cards (Saga 1, Clone Wars, OTC, etc.) but I don't have any of those around to compare them with.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 16, 2007, 01:02 AM »
They've also hit alot of Targets. So you know Diddly.
I wish I had a WM or Target real close to me.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 16, 2007, 11:44 AM »
gonna check my walmart today in hope of some Aireborne'sand marine's and SBD'S. But they'll probably end up having nothing from the 30AC :'(
Momar and Fester

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 16, 2007, 12:17 PM »

Oh? I've only heard of people finding figures at K-Mart and Sears Grand stores so far, so I figured mine was the first report of figures at Wal-Mart. Kansas City seems to have magical Wal-Marts, I remember them getting the Vintage figures like 3 months ahead of time last year.

she described the package as being very cool but significantly smaller than the SAGA ones. is this true?

Vertically they're exactly the same height as the TSC cards, but they're much less wide. I'd like to say they're the same width as older style cards (Saga 1, Clone Wars, OTC, etc.) but I don't have any of those around to compare them with.

Yeah, apparently one of the Walmarts somewhere in Blue Springs, MO (not too far from Kansas City) puts stuff out way earlier than other ones.  I've heard it's a district headquarters store or something along those lines, where managment from the region gathers for meetings and they have displays up early for examples for their meetings, and as a result some of the collectors in that area score stuff pretty early sometimes.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #297 on: March 16, 2007, 04:25 PM »
Any one hear anything about the variant coins?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 16, 2007, 07:01 PM »
Any one hear anything about the variant coins?

Do you mean the UGH gold coins? What specifically?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 16, 2007, 07:18 PM »
Bought a second Mace today to modify.  It was actually very easy, just requiring two precise exacto knife incisions along the seams of Mace's robe.  Made those cuts and voila!  All of a sudden Mace has a lot more posability in the lower body.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback