Author Topic: Legacy Wave 9 - Return of the Jedi  (Read 84761 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Legacy Wave 9 - Return of the Jedi
« Reply #240 on: September 9, 2009, 02:16 AM »
Astromechs rock.  The rest pretty much bore me, whether they are protocol droids or other EU droids.

HK-47 says blow me, meatbag.
« Last Edit: September 9, 2009, 02:17 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 9, 2009, 02:30 AM »
It took me a lot of deep thinking to come up with this retort:  :-*

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #242 on: September 9, 2009, 03:58 AM »
You two should just get a damn room... ::)
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #243 on: September 9, 2009, 04:11 AM »
HK's massive new attachment is ready for you J2.  Prepare for him, meatbag.

His attachment is in that square panel on his crotch.  The Hasbro toy lacks it.  Making him similar to a Ken doll.
« Last Edit: September 9, 2009, 04:11 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 9, 2009, 10:22 AM »
Astromechs rock. 

I love 'em too, but I wish they'd crank out more of the background OT ones.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 9, 2009, 10:30 AM »
Astromechs rock. 

I love 'em too, but I wish they'd crank out more of the background OT ones.

Amen. Screw da Term-in-at-or BADs.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 9, 2009, 10:32 AM »
I don't mind them so much, but four in a row?  ???  How 'bout E-3PO?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #247 on: September 16, 2009, 06:33 PM »
I just got notified my two cases are in stock. I just checked the site, low and behold they have them in right now including full cases. As some of us worried all of these are coming at once. My Paypal accounts just got it's ass beat this week:

TPM Wave Case of 12
Gungans x5
Ambush on Vultures Claw BP
Target Geo Packs from Amazon (x17 packs)
MOTU Classics Webstor x3
ROTJ Wave Case of 12 x2

FYI - I will be selling/Trading some extras when everything arrives next week. Check my trad list next week. FYI2 - I will determine which guys I am getting rid of after I review them, I have no idea at this point. I am in overload right now.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 16, 2009, 09:37 PM »
I just got notice that my set is in stock (or, in my "Pile of Loot") at BBTS as well.  Excited to get this wave, but the credit card is going to be fun this month with both the TPM and ROTJ waves on there (as well as a handful of DCUC figures).  It is nice to see some new TLC figures finally, but this whole 40 figures in 3-4 months (plus exclusives) is getting old from the budgeting point of view.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #249 on: September 17, 2009, 10:24 AM »
It is nice to see some new TLC figures finally, but this whole 40 figures in 3-4 months (plus exclusives) is getting old from the budgeting point of view.

Amen to that. While I have saved cash for all this stuff this week has been so brutal. Do not get me wrong I want to buy it but wish it was spread out so I can enjoy it. Most of this stuff will not get the attention with the glut pile. I really hope next year is not like this.

Could this be a Q&A type question?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #250 on: September 23, 2009, 06:53 PM »
I got my cases last night and cracked them open so here is a quick review:

Luke: Much better than expected. The head sculpt is really nice as is the articulation. If the legs were further apart it would allow for much better posing. They also painted the saber differently to better reflect Luke's (It's ROTS Obi-Wans repainted). Chest plate swap is also integrated well.

Ewoks: Superb as always. New heads, weapons and hoods. You can easily retire your POTJ Paploo. The new one is very reminiscent of the vintage and more accurate to the movie.

Slave Leia: Home run, this figure is great! While to some the articulation may look weird to some, they balanced it out by making her more busty and curvy. While the POTJ one still looks good and more real this one is about as good as it gets to have your cake and eat it too.

Nikto: A really long overdue character and worth the wait. My only complaints are the hood falls off too easily, the gun is too small and the skin color is on the darker side. I really dig him none the less and he is not lacking in articulation. Sailbarge canon is really cool, hopefully one day it will have a home.

Rancor Keeper: For an old school pegwarmer this figure sure makes up for the past sins of the old one. He is fat, dirty and super articulated. Likeness is dead on and he will make a fine companion to the Target Rancor. Superb detailing too.

Klaatu - A perfect companion for a fat slob to cry one. Like Nikto his hood comes off easily but is very well done. The biggest flay are the knees as they do not have enough room to properly move even though they are articulated. Neverthe less he is a perfect addition to Jabba's Ranks.

Nien Nunb: A perfectly fine repaint with a much darker tone to the red flight suit. I wish they would be more consistent with this because the X-Wing pilots & greay imp officers suffer from this same problem. He is much pinker than Ten Nunb.

Pruneface: I was never a big fan of these ET wannabes but the figure is really nice. The cloak material looks really good and should be a preview for General Lando's eventual upgrade. I got rid of my POTF2 version with the pirate patch but you can see this guy has a good chance to be reused to make another Dressillian. The only real flaw I see is the paint wipe on the paints, it's a little sloppy.

The two new astromech droids are nice, I like the Dexter Diner one better.

For the exception of the Scouttrooper The rest of the case are repacks that have nothing to do with ROTJ. I get the fact they want more variety but one repack choice is very redundant - Jango Fett. He was just rereleased in the AOTC wave and you will get him again in the Target pack so stuffing him this case seems like real overkill. EP2 Obi-Wan makes some sense as he was short lived. FYI - They updated his saber with the flare.

I found this wave more enjoyable than the TPM wave as it had more characters with key upgrades to old ones.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 06:59 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 25, 2009, 04:02 AM »
I got my cases last night and cracked them open so here is a quick review:

You nailed it.  I was surprised that the little stick thing with Major Panno fits right into the little sleeve thing on his cloak (really nice work) and that Luke's torso actually looks worse in pictures than in person.  Giran rocks my socks.  Like, this is a new level of greatness, Hasbro typically does its ROTJ aliens very well and this is no exception.

ALSO!  The revision case has the new Ugnaught in it-- I got mine from Entertainment Earth (as I work there) tonight.   It's pretty good, the legs are somewhat spindly without the apron covering them in part but I do still like it and I hope they ship more of them in the future.  As one probably won't cut it.  Same basic accessories as the first.

Really, really nice work on Hasbro's part.  I wish R3-M3's dome was less frosty, but hey, it's R3-O1 to me and I'm happy to have it.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 25, 2009, 11:37 AM »
Scored these at TRU last night.

They only had one case, and it was a bit of a hassle to get them to sell them to me because they weren't in their computer system yet.  But in the end, got them for Buy 2 Get 1 Free.  Pure awesomeness.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 25, 2009, 12:12 PM »
Once again, I'll beg.  If anyone is buying extras, I'd love to take the BAD parts off your hands.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 25, 2009, 12:12 PM »
Nice score Chewie!  It'd be nice to rake those in during their sale.  My TRU has dozens of empty pegs, but there's a never ending supply of Commander Ponds at any given time.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN