Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Too Much Stuff?

<< < (15/15)

JediJman:
I'm with you. I have a huge storage room in the basement of my house that I've converted to a "Star Wars Room."  I dabbled in a variety of other lines (Marvel, Transformers, etc), but the room is packed.  That wouldn't be so bad, but I have another bedroom in the basement that I use as a staging area for inventory, opening packages, eventually selling and its crammed as well.   Wish I could take a 2 week vacation from all responsibility and just move through it all.

Nicklab:
This seems to be a recurring story!

I've got a room in my basement dedicated to the collection.  I've also got my tools and workbench in there.  That's eventually going to be my prep area before stuff goes on the shelves.  And I got the shelves up along with a lot of stuff on them.  Plus I've got some tables set up for the bigger set pieces.  But I still need to buy more brackets and shelves to full realize the space the way that I've envisioned it.

But like so many others, I'm dealing with LOTS and LOTS of boxes.  They're in my collection room as well as my garage.  The majority of it is Star Wars.  Beyond that?  There's some Marvel figures (3.75" and 6"), McFarlane Sports Picks, ToyBiz Lord Of The Rings, some Anime things (mostly Robotech / Macross) and some vintage GI Joe ARAH,  Transformers, Super Powers, Secret Wars, etc.  Over the past 3 years I've put a decent dent in selling things off.  A lot of extras, things I didn't even look at, etc.  I've made a pretty sizable dent in it.  But the process of getting stuff catalogued, photographed and listed for sale takes time.  And then you need to keep all of that organized and handy enough to ship out in a timely fashion when it sells.  That being said, I still have more boxes in the collection room and not enough shelves on the walls to really get to displaying things in earnest.

For me it's about time - things with work and my personal life take precedence.  And there's also the process of purging old household stuff just to have some room to work and get organized.  I had been hoping to use my off days for that purpose this summer.  But with COVID ruining a lot of people's plans, like day camp for the kiddo, I have to rethink my plans.  This project is just going to take longer than expected.

And hopefully at some point THIS YEAR I want to be able to display my Sail Barge at last!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version