Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 362904 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Transformers
« Reply #585 on: August 3, 2007, 01:03 PM »
Really hoping to score a Concept Camaro Bumblebee but from the reports on this board, they seem pretty elusive.

That they are. I found two cases of new stuff at my local TRU, and all the Bumblebees were pruned. I did see Longarm, Final Battle Jazz, and Payload, but I didn't want them. So, those new ones are out.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 3, 2007, 01:17 PM »
Everyone's probably seen this by now, but here's a trailer for the upcoming Transformers Animated that was shown at Comic Con.  Just thought I'd post it in case anyone was interested.  Its definitely something different, but from many of the comments I've read online, it seems to be going over fairly well so far.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 3, 2007, 06:32 PM »
The closest Wal-Mart to me is officially empty of movie TFs.  No Deluxes, no Leaders, no Voyagers.  Nothing but empty space and continually complaining parents.  Of course, you could go down to Target and look over their selection of Protoform Starscreams, or go to TRU and look over their selection of Protoform Starscreams.   ::)

In all seriousness, what the hell is Hasbro waiting on?  They aren't even putting the new stuff up for sale on their own damned website!

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 3, 2007, 06:40 PM »
I got home today and it looks like typing in all those Transform your summer codes might finally be paing off. Sitting in my mailbox today were 2 of the pepsi primes from the contest.  ;D

Anyone know where I can order a set of long stacks for it?
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 3, 2007, 06:51 PM »
They simply underestimated supply due to the glut of Spidey and F4 figs IMO anyways...I don't shop at WM, but Targets out here in MN are just wiped out of just about everything except for the role play stuff.  TRU's TF section is jammed with Protos and all the other stuff from the front of the store that couldn't sell.  I'm sure that Hasbro realizes this and I hope they're beefing up supply, but who knows?  I've never had a problem picking up any TF beyond a few ALTS since I started back collecting with RID back in 01.

Encore Convoy Packaging

I kinda get the feeling that this Encore stuff will be made a US exclusive due to the sucess of the movie.  I'm sure that now - more than ever that people would want original designs of the classic toys....

We'll see

I got home today and it looks like typing in all those Transform your summer codes might finally be paing off. Sitting in my mailbox today were 2 of the pepsi primes from the contest.  ;D

Anyone know where I can order a set of long stacks for it?

Congrats!  I have to ask - how many codes did you enter??

Here's where I ordered my long stacks for my 20th Prime from.  Scroll down a few to find the G1 stacks. Kinda expensive though.  They're in Canada, have poor customer service as there's a very limited staff, and they take about three weeks to ship out, but it's better than nothing..  I say poor customer service as it takes them days to respond to emails, but the emails were friendly and very professional - oh and did I mention how long it takes on shipping?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 3, 2007, 11:09 PM »
Believe it or not only 31 codes. But that was over a month ago. Thanks for the info! Optimus just doesn't look right with the short stacks. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great toy and it's not really that noticeable, but sitting next to my GI it just seems out of place with the shorter stacks.

I almost forgot to mention this, the pepsi primes coming from Mountain Dew might have two pieces of tape on one end. It looks like at one point a bunch of these were assembled and they forgot something so they had to slice the tape, insert whatever it was, then reseal it. I mention this because both of them are like this and the ones coming from hasbro don't have two tape pieces on either end. Both of the ones I got shipped seperately too. I've opened one and there's nothing missing. Just thought I'd share for those who might get one of these of ebay and think they got jacked because one end appears to have been opened. It may not have been. Just ask if the one you are bidding on is one of the mountain dew ones and ask they send you the 3"x4" congratulation card that comes with it. Of course I'm sure most of you either got one at BOTCON, a friend who went or off HTS when they were available but I thought I'd mention this just incase. My guess is at one point they forgot to insert the sticker sheet or instructions and had to rework a bunch of these. Or they had to remove something. Either way it shouldn't be something to be too alarmed about.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2007, 12:37 PM by darth punkinhed »
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 4, 2007, 12:01 AM »
Prime does suck ass with chopped stacks.  Not quite the same toy without them fully extended.  I guess some dumb ass 10 year old must have fallen and hurt himself on the original Prime's stacks. 

I did fine as a kid of the 80's without getting injured on any toys for that matter unless someone was not "mentally correct" ...I'd figure kids nowaday's are more into video games, but I still find it hard to believe that some kids can get injured by Prime's full stacks.  That's just not right IMO
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 5, 2007, 09:35 AM »
I wouldn't have guessed this to be hazard either, but no surprise if they thought it might poke an eye out or break off or something.  It kind of sucks what they've had to do with toys - I can't remember the last time I opned a SW figure without a bent gun, but I guess if it saves one kids life its worth it.  I would think they could bend the rules a little though on the more collectible pieces...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 6, 2007, 09:02 AM »
After checking the stores this weekend I have to say that the Transformers stuff is just wiped out around here.  I was half-heartedly looking for an Ironhide (and of course the 08 Bumblebee), and just looking at the stores things were really bare.  Even some of the Swindles seem to be selling now (probably to desperate parents).  All the movie characters seem to be sold out with the exception of a few Ratchets or Scorponoks here and there.  I do feel for parents, because you know there are kiddos wanting Bumblebees, Primes, Ironhides, etc., and they are out of luck for now.  Hopefully there will be more shipments of these guys (in their regular paint schemes) so the kiddos can have them at least by Christmas.  This line had to be successful for Hasbro though, it seems like the "regular" movie stuff is selling like hotcakes.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 6, 2007, 12:46 PM »
I saw the movie Optimus Prime w/ small Bumblebee and Jazz at the Costco in Coon Rapids, MN.  About $35

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 6, 2007, 08:50 PM »
I've been secretly hounding HTS every few weeks since last Comicon in hopes of scoring Nemesis Prime with no dice of course.  His pic was still up right before this year's Comicon....Just find it odd that Rodimus comes up when you type his name in....Also I have no idea why the TF Imperial Shuttle comes up when you do a search for Destro.

I've given up finally and I'm ready to pay eBay prices, but just thought I'd point it out.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 9, 2007, 07:17 PM »
We're on Day Three of Wal-Mart's "reset but don't restock" here in my neck of the woods and the first signs of life have started to make themselves known.  They (finally) put out a case of the Robot Replicas this morning, along with a case of the current Voyager revision (1 each of Ironhide, Starscream, Ratchet, and Megatron), which is the first time I'd seen the latter of the four.  I went ahead and picked him up because the ice looked interesting in the package, but I can safely say that if you're going to buy one Megatron, make it the Leader Class version.  The "Cybertron Jet Mode" is quite simply the most forced alt mode I've seen in a TF toy in years, and looks next to nothing like the actual Cybertron Jet mode.  Still, the ice effect (not removable) is pretty and I don't regret buying it too much. :)

One thing I've noticed, though, is that Megatron's head design must have changed a bit late in the development process, as the photo on the back has a completely different facial structure than the one used in the film and on the actual toy.  I also remember seeing a similar head design to this on something else a few weeks back (the Robot Replicas card, maybe?).  I'd really like to see a book of concept art for the TF movie, just to see how much things did change through the pre-production and (apparently) the production process.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 9, 2007, 09:37 PM »
I've been secretly hounding HTS every few weeks since last Comicon in hopes of scoring Nemesis Prime with no dice of course.  His pic was still up right before this year's Comicon....Just find it odd that Rodimus comes up when you type his name in....Also I have no idea why the TF Imperial Shuttle comes up when you do a search for Destro.

I've given up finally and I'm ready to pay eBay prices, but just thought I'd point it out.

I'd love to get NP, but not for $50+ ...that's ridiculous.  I'm betting this will be available again at some point.  ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 9, 2007, 10:14 PM »
Well since I last posted about the Comicon crap....ALT Roddy has been completely removed from the site and now when you type in Nemesis it brings up some other weird crap...Oh well.

Justin - be prepared to shell out around $75 for Nemy Prime with shipping included if you want him and I've found ALT Roddy for as low as $60 with shipping.  I haven't bit the bullet yet, but I'm almost at that point as I really need these two.

but I can safely say that if you're going to buy one Megatron, make it the Leader Class version.  The "Cybertron Jet Mode" is quite simply the most forced alt mode I've seen in a TF toy in years, and looks next to nothing like the actual Cybertron Jet mode.

I'm a bit confused by your post as to whether you like the leader version or not....I still have no idea how to get his legs wrapped around in jet mode and it's been pissing me off to some extent - almost to the point of returning him.  His bot mode is decent and easy to handle, but I'm baffled by the instructions as to how to get his legs right in the alt mode.  He's actually the first TF that I threw back in the box and said **** you

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 10, 2007, 07:07 AM »
I'm a bit confused by your post as to whether you like the leader version or not....I still have no idea how to get his legs wrapped around in jet mode and it's been pissing me off to some extent - almost to the point of returning him.  His bot mode is decent and easy to handle, but I'm baffled by the instructions as to how to get his legs right in the alt mode.  He's actually the first TF that I threw back in the box and said **** you

Oops, sorry.  To clarify, I think the Leader Class Megatron is the better of the two (Leader vs. Voyager), and I actually like the Leader Class version quite a bit.  Likewise, the robot mode of the Voyager Class Megatron is nice as well, although the Cybertron Jet mode is really wonky.

As for the transformation of the Leader Class Megatron's legs, I know exactly what you mean.  It took me forever to get it right, and off the top of my head, the best advice I can give you is to do the transformation steps out of order, because if the wings are already down, it makes it much more difficult to get the legs under there.  Make sure you move the shins outward (which triggers the automorph feet) and then rotate the hips in a "splits" position.  When you move the crotch upwards, the feet should be facing downward, and there are little white tabs that fit into snap holes on the undersides of the wings. 

I know that probably isn't the best explanation for it, but it took me for-hell-and-ever to figure it out myself, so I can certainly empathize with you.