Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 362844 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1050 on: October 16, 2008, 12:23 AM »
Does anyone read Chinese?  Still waiting to see the size.  Definitely looks cool though... :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: October 16, 2008, 09:15 AM »
Don't speak Chinese (Manderin), but would guess that it is going to be about the same size as Masterpiece Megatron or about 13" tall.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: October 16, 2008, 09:29 AM »
Don't speak Chinese (Manderin), but would guess that it is going to be about the same size as Masterpiece Megatron or about 13" tall.

There was an earlier post or description stating someone thought it would be even bigger given the added cost...
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: October 16, 2008, 03:05 PM »

There was an earlier post or description stating someone thought it would be even bigger given the added cost...

Probably 2-3 (5 at the most) inches larger than Megatron, but I wouldn't expect it to be that much larger. But if you go by simple math...

Megatron is roughly 1 foot tall and cost $100 (not counting S&H). Grimlock is 50% more expensive at $150. They say that Grimlock is taller than Megatron and thus why it costs more it could be as tall as 20" to account for the 50% higher pricetage. But that doesn't take into consideration increases oil prices, production costs, packaging cost, etc...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 05:09 PM by knashdx »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: October 16, 2008, 03:40 PM »
But that doesn't take into consideration increases oil prices, production costs, packaging cost, etc...

Don't forget about die-cast metal.  Megs didn't have any unless you got the upgrade kit. 

Grimlock needs to be heavy though.   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: October 17, 2008, 11:59 AM »
I placed my Pre-Order for Masterpiece Grimlock yesterday with BBTS. I just got an e-mail today that they dropped the price $6 to $143.99.

In turn they lowered my Pre-Order cost! That was nice of them.

BBTS is also haveing a 25% off sale on their site on everything that isn't a Pre-Order or NEW.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 12:02 PM by knashdx »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: October 17, 2008, 07:20 PM »
Saw Leader Megs w/Activator Screamer & Leader Bulkhead w/Activator BB at TRU today in case anyone was waiting on picking those two up.  An $8 bonus figure ain't so bad.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: October 22, 2008, 05:31 PM »
MP Grimlock Design Sheet

Doesn't really shed much light on anything, but I'm sure a painted proto will show up at anytime.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: October 25, 2008, 07:26 PM »
Found leader Magnus this morning at Target.  Haven't cracked him open yet, but Hasbro really sized down this class.  Would have preferred no sound chips instead.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: October 30, 2008, 02:04 PM »
K...Last time I'm replying to myself.

Why Grimlock so short?

Zona Hobby has a pre-order for MP Grimlock with new images showing his detail, articulation, accessories and size. It is said that this figure will be around the same size as the MP Starscream mold.

Accessories include:
Crown
Drinks tray
Energon sword
IQ- swapping device

Doesn't look much taller than G1 Prime at least in his alt(ernate) mode.   :-\

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1060 on: October 31, 2008, 12:37 AM »
Henkei Thrust and Dirge

And why, exactly, is Hasbro missing out on this gravy train?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Whiphid bounty hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: October 31, 2008, 01:27 AM »
I know that I'm in the minority here, but since you guys are in the know and keep up on all of the TF sites, maybe you can tell me what the latest news in on new animated TFs coming out.  My son is jonesin' for some new ones.

Jeff

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1062 on: October 31, 2008, 06:46 AM »
I don't follow bvery closely either but according to Hasbro's latest solicitation, there is Deluxe Class Swoop, Deluxe Class Sentinel Prime and Deluxe Class Elite Guard Bumblebee.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: October 31, 2008, 01:13 PM »
I don't follow bvery closely either but according to Hasbro's latest solicitation, there is Deluxe Class Swoop, Deluxe Class Sentinel Prime and Deluxe Class Elite Guard Bumblebee.

Somehow "Bumblebee" just doesn't seem to jive with the description of "Deluxe Class Elite Guard."   ::)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: November 1, 2008, 01:23 PM »
I know that I'm in the minority here, but since you guys are in the know and keep up on all of the TF sites, maybe you can tell me what the latest news in on new animated TFs coming out.  My son is jonesin' for some new ones.
Jeff

Well, the most recent waves have included (as Jayson mentioned) the "Elite Guard" Bumblebee (was this even in the 'toon?), Swoop, and Sentinel Prime.  The next wave of Deluxes includes Blurr, Swindle, and (IIRC) "Blazing" Lockdown (a repaint of the first version). 

There will also be two Target exclusive deluxe class figures, each of which will come with two bonus Legends class figures:  Stealth (Clear) Lockdown with two Legends and Rescue (Yellow) Ratchet with two Legends.  Wal-Mart is going to have two exclusive value bundles for (I think) Black Friday, which include Optimus Prime (two pack version) vs. Blackarachnia and Megatron (two pack version) vs. Prowl (I think).  After that, in the deluxe class at least, will be a two pack (ala the Prime/Megatron set) of Jetfire and Jetstorm, who combine with each other into one 'bot (Safeguard?); this is from the forthcoming third season of the series, as well as an individually carded Samurai Prowl (the sidecar turns into armor).

There are two "new" Voyager class releases coming, with Skywarp (a straight G1-repaint of Starscream in purple and black) and Shockwave ("Longarm Prime") which is a quadruple changer.  There's also a Voyager class Wreck-Gar coming next year, along with "Atomic" Lugnut (straight gaudy repaint).  I'm personally hoping that Hasbro finally decides to do a complete set of the three original seekers in at least one modern line and does a Thundercracker repaint of Starscream.

The only "new" Leader Class toys coming are repaints of "Shadow Megatron" (he's black and purple), and "Roadbuster Ultra Magnus" (he's gaudy and offensive to anyone with vision). 

Sadly, still no definitive word on the Constructicons (Mixmaster and Scavenger), Omega Supreme, Arcee, Cliffjumper, or any of the other Starscream clones.