Multimedia > TV-9D9

The Clone Wars - Season Three Discussion Thread

<< < (99/100) > >>

Brian:
Yeah, our local Target had several of both versions as well.  It seems like they are regular boxed releases this time around, as opposed to the last couple seasons which had that book-like packaging with the art/etc. included inside.

Jabba the Slug:
Can anyone who's bought the Season 3 DVD confirm if the scene is included where Asajj kisses Colt after she runs him through?

For anyone who has no kriffin' idea of what that is, it's right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=esbI1HTzRHA

TheSon:
Yes, it is in the regular cut of the episode as was originally intended. The blu-ray archives also have several mock up deleted scenes that are worth watching. The packaging is a step down, but if you liked what you found with season 2 this is a great pick- up.

Diddly:
Got the Blu-Ray for Christmas and just recently finished it... what a borefest. The first two episodes were good, as was the Citadel storyline, but that was pretty much it. The "World's Most Dangerous Game" story with Chewbacca was decent too but everything else was terrible. Poisoned tea was as bad as everyone has already mentioned, and the Savage storyline was worse than I remember it being from the one episode I saw when the season was airing. And what was up with that stupid neverending arc involving the ghost chick and the Sith Demon dude and their dad? I think I fell asleep about 3 times during those episodes.

Huge thumbs down for this season.

Jesse James:
I couldn't agree more (not that I have the DVD's though), on the "The Son, Daughter, & Father" arc...  I honestly thought that was pretty bad, and tastes worse the 2nd time around.

Color me unimpressed with last season, and so far this season has been better, but I'm really afraid this series has too much of Lucas' portly digits in it.  I mean, how sad is that to say?  You can just see him stepping up on the bridge, and taking the wheel from the hands of a guy like Filoni, giving it a good spin, cackling, and walking away. 

The formula's simple...  "Landing At Point Rain" = good.  "Poisoned Tea & Politics" = bad.  It's turned into Lucas just expanding the ******** aspects of the prequals even further, and at the expense of kids.

It's sad when one of the better things you can say about the series is that it made Jar Jar a little more tolerable.

And in CW news there's a new episode this week, and it shows some promise.  I've liked the current "slave" arc and Anakin being all Sithy but containing it (barely).  The new season isn't as bad as last season, but it's gotta really pick up I think to rival the momentum the series had early in its run.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version