Author Topic: Making the leap from Rebelscum  (Read 5670 times)

Offline Vote for Chewbacca the Wookiee

• Youngling
  • If you haven't seen me before, I'm new to you.
    • View Profile
Making the leap from Rebelscum
« on: April 3, 2004, 02:05 AM »
Between the positive reviews JediDefender has been getting the last few months and the decrease in traffic over at Rebelscum, I wanted to explore another forum. How are relations between forum members and between members and mods here?
"The truths we cling to depend greatly on our pwn point of view." - Ben Kenobi
Appearing for the first time anywhere outside of Rebelscum, Chewbacca the...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Making the leap from Rebelscum
« Reply #1 on: April 3, 2004, 02:08 AM »
Welcome kind sir!  Relations have never been better, threads aren't locked indiscriminately, reasons are given, we're not prepubescent 18 year old Aussies either!

Glad you finally came on board :)

Scott

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 3, 2004, 02:11 AM »
Ice Cream Maker Guy! I've been in here five minutes and I already recognize three former Wuher's regulars. Are all of you mods over here now? How have you been?

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 3, 2004, 02:12 AM »
Welcome kind sir!  Relations have never been better, threads aren't locked indiscriminately, reasons are given, we're not prepubescent 18 year old Aussies either!

Glad you finally came on board :)

Scott
That reminds me. A RS mod told me once that you guys have a picture of GNT. Is that true? That sounds riotous.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 3, 2004, 02:24 AM »
I've read a page of the thread so far, and unless he's the Prime pic that has appeared semi-regularly on RS, his image was removed per his request. (Josh told me Gregg freaked out over it.) So which is really his photo?

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #6 on: April 3, 2004, 01:22 PM »
Between the positive reviews JediDefender has been getting the last few months and the decrease in traffic over at Rebelscum, I wanted to explore another forum. How are relations between forum members and between members and mods here?

Hey Chewbacca! It's very nice to see you here. You should recognize me from Rebelscum, as well, and yes, I'm also an Administrator/Moderator/Staff/whatever. You'll like it here, that's a garauntee.  :-*

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: April 3, 2004, 01:52 PM »
Welcome to JD, Chewbacca!  Now are you "Chewbacca the ___", or is that a different Chewbacca?  Either way, we're glad you stopped by to check us out.  I'm sure you'll find the moderating style over here just a wee bit different...   ;)  Definitely no GNT-esque anything here!  That's also due to the caliber of our members here at JD too though.  They don't give us any reason to have to moderate here.  Good people!   8)  Let's see, some of our moderators that you might recognize are:

OCB
JediMAC
DSJ
Jesse James
Angry Ewok

So perhaps that'll give you an idea of what to expect.   8)  In fact, aside from the very rare case (a couple times a year), we really don't ever do any moderating here.  We will merge a thread from time to time, at your discretion (a feature the RS forums don't have), but that's about it!

So kick up your feet and relax with some of the friendliest and most knowledgeable Star Wars collectors on the net!  Enjoy...

- Matt

P.S.  There's several of those Greg(g) pictures floating around our forums here.  I'll see if I can dig one of them up for you - and YES, despite what Greg(g) says, it's most definitely HIM!   :D
« Last Edit: April 3, 2004, 01:54 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: April 3, 2004, 02:22 PM »
Welcome to JD, Chewbacca!  Now are you "Chewbacca the ___", or is that a different Chewbacca?

Just checked your profile, and indeed - you are one and the same!  Most excellent.  Hopefully you'll be changing your name here as well, as I always enjoy seeing what you've got in store with each new one...  BTW, remember that great old "Mint Julep with Chewbacca and Friends" thread over at RS?  One of my favorites!  We had a good time in there.  I wonder what ever happened to IG?  He was a hoot!

And here's the man, himself:

BTW, you should also check out this instant classic from smileyfaceguy.   8)
« Last Edit: April 3, 2004, 02:42 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 3, 2004, 03:07 PM »
Welcome Chewbacca! It's good to see another RSer join the boards here, so rather than echo the sentiments of those who posted befour me, I'll just leave it at that.

- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline P'dubs

• Jedi Initiate
  • Bow to the might that is the Sith.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 4, 2004, 01:24 PM »
Wooohoooo! Chewbacca's here. Now it's a party!
"They were all around me and they kept on saying "Utini Utini"."

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 4, 2004, 04:20 PM »
Welcome to JD, Chewbacca!  Now are you "Chewbacca the ___", or is that a different Chewbacca?

Just checked your profile, and indeed - you are one and the same!  Most excellent.  Hopefully you'll be changing your name here as well, as I always enjoy seeing what you've got in store with each new one...  BTW, remember that great old "Mint Julep with Chewbacca and Friends" thread over at RS?  One of my favorites!  We had a good time in there.  I wonder what ever happened to IG?  He was a hoot!

And here's the man, himself:

BTW, you should also check out this instant classic from smileyfaceguy.   8)

Yeah, it's me - Chewbacca the Fill in the Blank. I wasn't sure whether I was allowed to change my name or what the character limit was, so I registered simply as "Chewbacca" a few months back during one of the giveaways, but never actually posted.
I also loved the Mint Julep (sp?) thread. I actually didn't start that thread. It was something that Lady Jaye or one of the IG droids started as a cool-down thread while myself and some other Wuher's members were going at it - it might have actually been either JoshEEE or Zod, two guys who I eventually came to consider kind of digital friends over at Rebelscum, but probably it was someone I don't remember.
After I got used to how forum members are, I started sponsoring "cooldown" threads myself, but the current generation of mods put an end to that last spring. It's a shame, because now Wuher's either is as quiet as a ghost town some days or is filled with nothing but back-and-forth warfare. No simple community "How you doin'?" stuff, which is what I always assumed that was part of the "unfocus" of Wuher's.
Stuff like that seems to be allowed here. Lady Jaye and the regulars from the "Mint Julep" and "Post Count Posts" threads would love it here.
By the way, if I promise to come here regularly, and from the warm greetings I'm getting, I'm sure I will, can I get my own special rank? Nothing spectacular like Emperor or Grand Moff - just something unique and Chewie-specific. How about "Wookiee sidekick"? :)

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 7, 2004, 10:27 AM »
Welcome to JD, my fuzzy friend  8)

May I put in a request for the return...even if it's only for a week or so...of your Druken Irishman persona? That was my fav  :)
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 7, 2004, 10:06 PM »
Welcome Chewbacca the ______.  

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: April 9, 2004, 06:58 PM »
It's great to have you here, thanks for stopping over.