Author Topic: Gas Prices  (Read 163343 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Gas Prices
« Reply #405 on: April 19, 2006, 10:52 AM »

How much is the current price of figures related to increase costs to bring product to market (from ships, to trucks etc)?

Quite a bit.  Oil is used to make plastic and obviously toy companies have to transport their product from China to the ports here in the U.S.

After they reach the ports, they are transported via train, semi or a combination of both to their distribution facilities where they are inventoried.

Then, once again, they are transported via semis to retailer distribution centers. 

So yes, gas prices (oil) do affect toy prices. 

Chances are you won't see a price increase this year, but you might next year.  Most companies anticipate higher fuel costs at the beginning of the year.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 19, 2006, 04:45 PM »
We made the jump to 3.05 here.

For the cheap stuff.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 19, 2006, 05:16 PM »
I saw 3.01 here today to - not that you can't get a steal at 2.87 or 2.91 right down the street from the 3.01 place.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 19, 2006, 08:15 PM »
$1.09/liter.  So $4.48 CAD/gallon or $3.81 USD/gallon :o :'(

Close, were at $1.08. On the way home from work I noticed it went up again today. *******!  >:(  :'(

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 20, 2006, 01:50 AM »
$1.09/liter.  So $4.48 CAD/gallon or $3.81 USD/gallon :o :'(

Close, were at $1.08. On the way home from work I noticed it went up again today. *******!  >:(  :'(

$1.109/liter.  I win!  ;D  >:(

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #410 on: April 20, 2006, 02:04 AM »
About $2.75 here, if you buy it on the crappy side of town that I drive through to get to work every day.

I usually fill up at one of the truck stops just off I-380. There's two stops within a half mile of each other, and one will usually beat every other station within fifteen miles just due to the competition between those two truck stops.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 20, 2006, 02:15 AM »
$2.79 and climbing...

:)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #412 on: April 20, 2006, 02:41 AM »
$2.95, though I did put $20 in on the way home tonight at the last station I saw at $2.89.  Figured it'd be $2.95 and I was below half tank so no sense pissing away $ if I don't have to.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 20, 2006, 03:06 AM »
The way I figure it, gas is cheap here in the US still. Look at prices in Europe. Some areas are $7 to $8 or more a gallon (converted). I think $4 over the next year is more than possible.

"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 20, 2006, 09:29 AM »
I just got one of those chain e-mails that actually had an intelligent idea. Since boycotting gas stations for a day would never work, why not boycott Exxon and Mobil for the rest of the year?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 20, 2006, 10:10 AM »
Because that would mean that everyone would actually have to care enough to do that for a prolonged period of time.

American's in general, don't.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 20, 2006, 10:27 AM »
I just got one of those chain e-mails that actually had an intelligent idea. Since boycotting gas stations for a day would never work, why not boycott Exxon and Mobil for the rest of the year?

Bill O'Reilly proposed boycotting Exxon b/c of the $400 million retirement package given to their CEO. 

There are not that many Exxon/Tigermarts here in San Antonio, but I will do my part.  I will not go to an Exxon or Tigermart out of protest for their record profits and ludacris retirement package.  Anybody else want to join me??

Paid $2.76 yesterday at HEB Grocery
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 20, 2006, 10:56 AM »

I got that e-mail too.  Here's why it won't work:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 11:18 AM by Jeff »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 20, 2006, 11:17 AM »

Interesting read.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 20, 2006, 12:46 PM »

I'm not boycotting Exxon/Mobil in HOPES that it forces them to reduce their price of gasoline.  I'm protesting b/c they are price goughing and will continue to do so since SOMEONE has to pay for the $400 million retirement package of their CEO.  And that someone is...........YOU!

And to blow this article out of the water.....I'll buy my gas from Valero, formely Diamond Shamrock.  Valero is also making crazy profits just like any other Oil Company, but at least they are based here in San Antonio.  And they have their own refinaries in Texas and California.  So Valero will not be buying gas from Exxon/Mobil.

But my best way to protest the entire Gas Price Goughing is by only fueling up twice this month, my car once and my wife's car once.  We may make it to the end of the month without having to re-fuel. 

Happy to say that I'm not driving that so-called "demand".  Still, India and China cast an infinite shadow over little me anyway...
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate