Author Topic: Lando (Disney+)  (Read 3393 times)

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
Re: Lando (Disney+)
« Reply #15 on: August 8, 2023, 11:29 AM »
I read this the other day and while I'm happy this is moving forward (Donald and his brother are excellent writers) I'm curious how they are getting around the writer's guild strike.

I think I remember Favreau saying he wrote the first episode of the Mandalorian in a one day of christmas break. I guess a creative person can write on their own free time and not hand over a script until after a strike?

Also, I'm happy for the development. Donald being on board and driving/flying this is likely a good source of momentum to make this go.

Macklunkey!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2023, 04:06 PM »
Donald Glover’s ‘Star Wars’ Series ‘Lando’ Is Now a Movie

Hoping this Lando movie bucks the trend and actually does make it to the big screen.  It would be cool to see a Solo/Chewie/Falcon cameo, but I understand totally if they want this to be it's own thing.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2023, 04:13 PM »
I hope it works out too, but honestly if they weren't happy with the Solo movie, I'm not sure how they'll ever be happy with a Lando movie. 

I'll be honest, Lando is a B character in the Star Wars universe and I think whatever they do would likely work a lot better as a series than a movie where there are much higher expectations.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2023, 07:08 AM »
Could be a direct to D+ movie...