Author Topic: 2008 DVD Releases Thread  (Read 30123 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 DVD Releases Thread
« Reply #165 on: December 8, 2008, 10:43 AM »
Target has an exclusive mask packaging.  Not sure if the case for the DVD is the mask or if it's just included.

Best Buy has two sets, one with the clown mask shown and one with a Batman mask.  Best Buy is also giving away a Joker trading card with all Dark Knight DVDs.

Circuit City has an exclusive Batman logo journal.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 8, 2008, 11:00 AM »
Target has an exclusive mask packaging.  Not sure if the case for the DVD is the mask or if it's just included.

Best Buy has two sets, one with the clown mask shown and one with a Batman mask.  Best Buy is also giving away a Joker trading card with all Dark Knight DVDs.

Circuit City has an exclusive Batman logo journal.

E...

I'm still trying to figure out where to pick this DVD up tomorrow.  I usually like to go to Target, but I guess I'm just not a big fan of the mask packaging necessarily (takes up too much room), and I do want the deluxe edition (which is what it comes with there).  If it has the "normal" case inside, then that would be fine.  I ended up getting Iron Man and Transformers at Best Buy for the same reason.  Its cool and all, but I just don't have the room for all that extra stuff.  Wal-Mart's the closest drive, so maybe I'll check that out (is it the single disc that comes with the comic and coin though?).  This is one movie that I'd like to have the "deluxe version" of - although I've tried to be more judicious when picking up the extra loaded versions lately, making sure I'd actually get use out of the extra $7 (or more) it costs.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2008, 11:01 AM by Brian »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 8, 2008, 11:31 AM »
A little birdy told me that Santa might be bringing me a PS3 for Christmas so I'm debating if TDK should be my first BR purchase or not.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 8, 2008, 11:41 AM »
It doesn't look like the Walmart exclusive with the comic and coin is the 2-disk special edition.  That's listed separately on their website plus the cover artwork is different.  The regular release has Batman in front of the building with the bat symbol buring above him. 

The special edition has Batman on the Batpod on the slipcase cover and Joker on the case cover.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 8, 2008, 12:55 PM »
Yeah based on the amount of 2 disc DVDs I've bought over the last 3 months, none of these exclusives will be included with the 2 disc.

HOWEVER, I read a review of the DVD that said the extras are all crap and they basically put out regular DVD's as an afterthought to Blu-Ray. I've also heard rumblings of a "ultimate award winning edition" DVD coming out later next year...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 8, 2008, 01:02 PM »
I've also heard rumblings of a "ultimate award winning edition" DVD coming out later next year...

Isn't that the same story with every DVD?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 9, 2008, 09:35 AM »
I've also heard rumblings of a "ultimate award winning edition" DVD coming out later next year...

With Fox, it's standard practice.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 9, 2008, 10:57 AM »
Nothing original about today's acquisition, but I picked up The Dark Knight on blu-ray this morning.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 9, 2008, 12:51 PM »
Picked up the WM exclusive coin set. The 2 disc was $25 and the extras were lacking and lame. Why would I want IMAX scenes if I'm mainly going to be watching on a SDTV?

Yes, but those always come out a month before the sequel. ;)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 9, 2008, 02:29 PM »
I just grabbed a copy at Best Buy.  They took that Papa John's coupon even though I was buying the blu-ray.  So it was $24 after tax.  I can live with that.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 10, 2008, 09:24 AM »
I wanted the get TDK 2 disk set at Target, but all they had was the mask packaging, so I wound up ordering from Amazon. Way to exclusive yourself out of a sale Target.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #176 on: December 10, 2008, 09:26 AM »
I wanted the get TDK 2 disk set at Target, but all they had was the mask packaging, so I wound up ordering from Amazon. Way to exclusive yourself out of a sale Target.

I bought mine at WM for that very reason. The TDK and Iron Man packaging are just lame.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 10, 2008, 09:31 AM »

I bought mine at WM for that very reason. The TDK and Iron Man packaging are just lame.

I was just going to ask if anyone had picked it up at Target.  Like I mentioned earlier, we normally grab our DVDs there (they are almost always cheaper on opening week than WM, etc.), but I don't necessarily want the giant mask packaging either.  I was wondering if there was a "normal" case inside that packaging, or if it was all something different like Iron Man, Hulk, Transformers, etc.  Looks like I might be stopping by WM or Best Buy today as well.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 10, 2008, 10:48 AM »
The TDK and Iron Man packaging are just lame.

What was lame about the Iron Man version?  Can't quite remember the lameness.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #179 on: December 10, 2008, 11:10 AM »
The TDK and Iron Man packaging are just lame.

What was lame about the Iron Man version?  Can't quite remember the lameness.

Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird