Collectibles > The Clone Wars '08-'13

Cancelled The Clone Wars Toys :(

<< < (2/4) > >>

Darby:
It would have been great if the Y Wing Pilots set included the remaining pilots from the squad that included Matchstick; Broadside and the others. There were always my favorite pilot designs. No idea on Red Leader. Assault on Grievous Lair - a missed opportunity I think for Commander Fil and/or one of his grunts. I also always loved these and it's a shame we never got them.

Jeff:
A lot of that stuff did get released though...  just with a slightly different name, like:

SW CW BASIC FIGURE RED LEADER 28529
= TCW 2010 Clone Commander Colt (Item#28529)

He went from 'RED LEADER' to 'Red Leader ARC Trooper' to 'Clone Commander Colt'.  And we even talked about this switch in the forums... ;)

--- Quote from: McMetal on February 12, 2011, 09:54 PM ---Thanks, I guess they are calling him Red Leader ARC Trooper now?
--- End quote ---

And a few more, just for examples:

SW CW BATTLE PK AMBUSH IN THE OUTER RIM 94237
= TCW 2009 Target Ambush at Abregado Battle Pack (Item#94237)

SW CW BSC FIG BLUE ROYAL GUARD 91273
= 2009 Clone Wars Captain Argyus (Item#91273)

I think in the rush to get scoops out, sites may not have thouroughly vetted out some stuff that we did indeed get, just with a slightly different name.   :-\

Greg:
Good call on the Captain Argyus and Blue Guard numbering, Jeff. Argyus didn't cross my mind when I read the name. I tried to remember as much alternate naming as possible from rumor lists and such, which is why I didn't include Red Leader/Cmdr Colt or the Outer Rim/Abreggado set.

Greg:

--- Quote from: McMetal on October 30, 2013, 11:38 PM ---  SW CW R5 P8 A0831 
  SW CW RAKO HARDEEN A0833 
  SW CW4 PONG KRELL A1805 
  SW CW5 JEDI TEMPLE GUARD A1803 

--- End quote ---

This is painful. Very, very painful. Hopefully Hasbro reconsiders the total cancellation of Clone Wars figures one day.

Jesse James:
Yeah some of the names, I figured were things we did get, but under different titles...  Red Leader I was thinking was a pilot though, but on the Argyus thing, I was thinking that might've been the blue Senate Guard...  There was a LOT of that mixed into that information.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version