Author Topic: "Evolutions" assortment...  (Read 175592 times)

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #780 on: December 27, 2005, 04:51 AM »
Well thats Wal-Mart .com ...they dont ship to Canada.
So I use eBay.
Wal-Mart.ca cant help crap, they are basically useless.
 :P
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 27, 2005, 11:08 AM »
Really sorry to hear that. I hate to see anyone needlessly over pay.

To sum up the evolutions, I can't believe how well these have sold, at least around here. When I picked my gray ones up (when they were released,) I saw them for about a week afterwords, and there were pleanty. But, they sold quick and I virtualy never saw them again.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 27, 2005, 07:02 PM »
I am still looking for the grey versions.
I wont see em' in Winnipeg, I have only seen the Sith Lords once.
Now I am kicking myself for not buying it when I saw it.
Same with a time I saw a #6 Clone Trooper at Zellers and didnt get it.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 28, 2005, 09:23 PM »
I'm still having trouble with getting the Anakin to Vader, Clone Set Version 1, and the Sith set. My local Targets removed the shelf tags, my local Wal-Mart never carried these, I've checked the local flea market, no luck, and I haven't checked TRU. Did TRU even carry these? For the clone sets, I may go with Wal-Mart.com, Entertainment Earth, or K&C Collectibles. Are these going to continue to ship with the Saga line, or were they just for the ROTS line?

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 28, 2005, 11:43 PM »
They are just for the revenge of the sith line.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Dhivael

• Youngling
  • Dark Lord of the Sith
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 28, 2005, 11:44 PM »
has anyone continued to see any of the older yellow clone sets?
-Dhivael

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 29, 2005, 10:50 AM »
The last time I saw a yellow clone set was at Suncoast back in November, but now it's long gone. In fact, that was the last Evolutions set I have ever seen on a store shelf.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 29, 2005, 04:29 PM »
I see them on ebay lots.
I dont see why the 2nd version is more expensive.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 29, 2005, 11:05 PM »
Maybe the second version had less distribution. Personally, I had seen all but the 2nd clone set on store shelves at least once. The two clone trooper sets I have are both the gray ones, I had to order one online and my Aunt got me another for Christmas. The set could be like almost all other variants as well, really hard to find.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #789 on: December 30, 2005, 05:45 AM »
By my estimation the Anakin and Sith Lords sets are the "rare" ones of the bunch, which is ironic considering people thought they would wind up being the shelfwarmers...  Fact of the matter is though that Evolutions saw very spotty distribution to most areas, and were something that if you blinked you missed them.

In Pittsburgh I know I never once saw Anakin or Sith Lords sets on the shelves, nor the Grey Clone set.  The Yellow set I saw at Toys R Us once and never again.  People have said that Suncoast had some in here and there at inflated prices, and I know KB around here had the Anakin set because some of the locals reported seeing it.  Also the Sith Lord set was at Target because my buddy got mine there for me. 

They were definitely not heavily shipped though.  There aren't even many at the local Toy Show which is generally a sign of where things went.  When you see little of something there though, it generally was just genuinely a hard to find item.

If it weren't for WM.com I probably would have not found a lot of what I wanted...  I'm still not up to where I want to be with the Clone Evo sets and I'm just waiting to have some cash reserves to get a few extras.

Hasbro has a cash cow with these...  They should re-release them.  Hell the 2 Clones in the set would be great re-releases on basic cards with varying paintjobs...  Not super articulated, but close enough to be worth buying.

The Sandtrooper's a hell of a lot better than the POTJ sculpt or anything else we've seen.  Hell I'd buy it in pure white as a Stormtrooper too.  Again, not SA but passable enough to me to army build with.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 30, 2005, 08:46 AM »
Damn it!
I saw Sith Lords twice at Toys R Us and I have never seen it again.
Same with the ARC-170.
I cant wait to get my 2 off eBay but I still need to get a lot of white ones...
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 30, 2005, 10:37 AM »
I'm still having trouble with getting the Anakin to Vader, Clone Set Version 1, and the Sith set.

Back in mid October, I saw these sitting at WM and Target an hour west of where you are. :(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 30, 2005, 11:15 AM »
Ive seen them before at other stores near me, but even if you had told me, I would've undoubtoubly not had money to get them. It really stinks for me as I only make $5 in allowance each week. 

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 31, 2005, 08:21 PM »
Tell me about it, whenever you want something by the time you get the money for it its gone.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 5, 2006, 12:36 PM »
Around me Anakin and all of the Clones were all over the place.  The Sith Lords was definitely the rarer of the bunch.  I bought 15 Yellow Clone sets and 5 white Clone sets and I passed up dozens upon dozens more of each.