Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 336872 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #585 on: July 29, 2011, 03:41 PM »
What is the DPCI # for the new deluxe sets?

087-06-2320 is the new DPCI for the DLX figure/vehicle sets.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 03:42 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 29, 2011, 11:33 PM »
Thanks Jeff! That came in handy today!

Here's today's Clone Wars haul...

2x Defense of Kamino Battlepack
2x Hunt for General Grievous Battlepack
2x Cad Bane's Escape Battlepack
3x Assault on Geonosis Battlepack
1x Y-Wing Scout Bomber w/Pilot - for $4.24!!!  :o  :o
1x BARC Speeder w/Sidecar & Obi-Wan for $4.24

The Battlepacks seemed to be more prevelant than the Class 1 Strike Vehicles. All of the Targets I checked though had the Wave 1 case - none of them had either of the Wave 2 case packs.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 31, 2011, 01:38 PM »
Went back to a Target that wouldn't pull anything for me since the reset was "scheduled" for July 31st. So I went back this morning and sure enough, the reset hadn't been done, but I found the same employee who told me to come back on Sunday and he was willing to pull stuff for me.

Here's what I scored:
1x Hunt for Grievous BP
1x Defend Kamino BP
1x Zillo Beast Capture BP
1x RC Republic Fighter Tank
1x Scout Y-Wing w/Pilot (again for $4.24!!)

I'm done with the Y-Wing now - not bad being able to score all three that I wanted for $4.24 each.

And I'm totally done with Wave 1 of the battlepacks now too.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #588 on: July 31, 2011, 07:31 PM »
Went back to a Target that wouldn't pull anything for me since the reset was "scheduled" for July 31st. So I went back this morning and sure enough, the reset hadn't been done, but I found the same employee who told me to come back on Sunday and he was willing to pull stuff for me.

Here's what I scored:
1x Hunt for Grievous BP
1x Defend Kamino BP
1x Zillo Beast Capture BP
1x RC Republic Fighter Tank
1x Scout Y-Wing w/Pilot (again for $4.24!!)

I'm done with the Y-Wing now - not bad being able to score all three that I wanted for $4.24 each.

And I'm totally done with Wave 1 of the battlepacks now too.

What's up with them not resetting? Why have a date?
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 31, 2011, 09:52 PM »
What's up with them not resetting? Why have a date?

For real, I don't get this either?

We have about 10 Targets in the area, only 1 of them has reset as of this weekend. I am able to get stuff pulled sporadically, but it's proving very difficult to score the mini Y-Wing wave of the Deluxe stuff. There's nothing worse than having some dude walk a case all the way out from the back only for me to tell them, yeah these aren't the ones I am looking for.

And WTF is Walmart waiting on? Do they want to make sure everyone has bought every single new toy they need from Target before bothering to put out new stock?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 31, 2011, 11:07 PM »
I too find the lack of resets to be very confusing.

The store where I got stuff pulled has lots of open holes. Three pegs where the old deluxe line used to be - completely empty. The Galactic Heroes pegs are still there and they are empty as well.

The only thing that is fully stocked, are the Vintage pegs - which is a result of them getting in three cases of Wave 7 and now all of the Wave 7 figures are gone and the six re-packs from each case are what's left. And the mountain of Commander Cody figures they have on the Clone Wars pegs.

They have a spot for the Republic Attack Shuttle, but I bought one of those the other day and someone else bought the one in the even-more smashed box then the one I got.

They have a case worth of mid-size vehicles out and some lightsabers, and that's it. So what would be the harm in bringing out the battlepacks or the new Strike Vehicles just to fill in the holes in the display?

And WTF is Walmart waiting on? Do they want to make sure everyone has bought every single new toy they need from Target before bothering to put out new stock?

This boggles the mind as well - I think my WalMart is the victim of a mass buy and return from another store to this one - one day all of a sudden, the pegs were over-loaded with Legends ROTS Clonetroopers. Also in the mix were several Red/White Legacy and Clone Wars figures. Now I suppose it's possible that they "found" this stuff in the back, by my vote is that another collector in another town nearby, had a WalMart that was choking on this stuff, bought it and then returned the stock to my store. I may have to return the favor.  >:(
Peter

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 1, 2011, 07:08 AM »
Jus an FYI. TOYS is set to reset the week of July 31. Not the action figure aisle specifically. It takes more than one day to do the whole set so when they decide to do the action figure aisle will vary. Some stores will do there's already because the had an early reset day or the aisle looked so bad and they were ahead of schedule on other sets. Leaked set dates are not street dates.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #592 on: August 1, 2011, 07:24 AM »
Five Target's yesterday and not one new item on shelves. No Shuttle in back room at any of them.
Wal-Mart? Sha! I don't even go there right now and there's no reason to.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 1, 2011, 08:24 AM »
Five Target's yesterday and not one new item on shelves. No Shuttle in back room at any of them.
Wal-Mart? Sha! I don't even go there right now and there's no reason to.

The other thing Target will do is if they are sending the majority of a reset on one truck, they will trap it onto pallets so that when they reset they can just bring that whole pallet out to fill the aisle it's for, meaning they don't backstock it to a shelf like they normally would. So if you type the numbers in a price scanner or have a red shirt check backroom locations they will show none even though they really do have it.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 1, 2011, 08:42 AM »
Nick - I understand everything you're saying, but we're talking about situations where:

1) The aisles are a mess and have been for quite some time - my guess is that the stores have been letting the toy section "go" since they knew the reset was scheduled for this week.

2) The employees at numerous stores have confused "reset date" with "street date". We're not morons, Piet, McMetal and I all know the difference and we know that no such "street date" exists for this stuff. The problem is that the employees don't know the difference or don't care to know the difference. They see "July 31st" on their guns and proceed to just try to blow you off by saying that it's a product street date for the 31st. So if you get that kind of response, return on the date and call them out on it. Pure and simple.

3) The level of help is NEVER consistent. This is a failing of the Target chain, some managers HATE collectors of all types and issue blanket instructions to their employees never to pull items for customers, yet when that same manager is not working, the employees WILL help the customers if they can. Case in point - the same Target - on Friday night, I got them to pull a case of battlepacks and deluxe. On Sunday, Piet was told by the manager that his employees were "too busy" to assist him. I have to wonder if he was looking for new curtains for all of the windows in his home, had the response to bringing more out from the back been met with the same level of obstenance.

Peter

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 1, 2011, 08:53 AM »
Those are all good points and I have no idea why I feel the need to revert back and bring my old Target employee wounds to the surface.

I will say that when I was a toy team lead for Target I "hated" the hot wheel guys and the toy scalpers so sometimes you just assume anyone and everyone, especially when they know a DPCI for an item not on the floor is one of  those.

Ok all done. Time to forget my Target years again............................. done.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 1, 2011, 09:38 AM »
Yeah, honestly I am not all that worked up about it, I am still sort of disgusted in general with Hasbro right now, so I'm not sweating so much having to wait on the new toys.

I think the most frustrating thing for me is just the inconsistency. I stopped at the 2 closest Targets to me over the weekend and not only had they not reset, they had no stock of the new BP's, Rapid Strike Vehicles, Republic Attack Shuttle, or the RC Tank. So even if they wanted to re-organize they have no new product to put out.

I understand the pallet deal, but I have found when that is the case they can at least confirm that they have a count on the DPCI, they just can't determine the location anywhere.

Just from reading store reports around the Web, it seems like most of the Targets around here are lagging badly. We only have 1 that I have seen so far which has completed their reset. One location I spoke to last week said their resets generally take a few days but there has been no progress since then.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 1, 2011, 12:54 PM »
I will say that when I was a toy team lead for Target I "hated" the hot wheel guys and the toy scalpers so sometimes you just assume anyone and everyone, especially when they know a DPCI for an item not on the floor is one of  those.

Just out of curiosity, when you worked for Target, were you told it was okay to treat African-Americans differently then Caucasians?

And while I would never compare the fight for racial equality to Collectors/Scalpers/"Hot Wheel Guys"/eBay Profiteers/etc... being treated the same as any other customer, I think the fact that you're willing to admit that you "hated" the "hot wheel guys" and toy scalpers and ASSumed that anyone with a DPCI (a number that is on every receipt, shelf tag and Target.com item) is a scumbag, is a sad statement for what kind of behavior Target managers are allowed to have.

Apologies, since I know you said you were forgetting your Target years, but you couldn't have proven my point any better.
Peter

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 1, 2011, 01:05 PM »
Ok that's fine. I am a big ass. Thank you.

Back to recent CW finds
« Last Edit: August 1, 2011, 01:08 PM by GrandMoffNick »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 1, 2011, 01:21 PM »
Ok that's fine. I am a big ass. Thank you.

Back to recent CW finds

Agreed - and if my post came across that I think you, Nick, are a "big ass", I apologize, that was not my intent.
Peter