Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 337141 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #540 on: April 10, 2011, 09:45 PM »
"some" is an understatement.  I'd say it's the most heavily articulated battledroid save for maybe the Octuparra droid?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 14, 2011, 03:43 PM »
Scored another Jedi Turbo Speeder and a second Clonetrooper Jesse w/BARC Speeder yesterday morning - right now I'm all caught up with Clone Wars except for an opener of the Droid Gunship...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 17, 2011, 10:09 AM »
Last month, I had gotten the latest Clone Wars version of Obi-Wan Kenobi just in the mail and I picked up Cad Bane with TODO 360.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #543 on: April 17, 2011, 02:41 PM »
Color me slightly jaded but TODO 360 let me down some...  Sure he's an accessory, but they really could've put a slight bit of effort into giving him some articulation.  I was bummed for sure on that.  Bane's not bad though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #544 on: April 22, 2011, 05:48 PM »
Found Jesse today at WM.  All caught up on CW, for now.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 23, 2011, 12:38 PM »
Found Jesse and BARC Speeder at Target earlier this week.  This was the first new, mass retail CW item I had seen in a store in at least three months. 

All 3 Wal-Marts in my area did their little endcap reset and are now fully stocked with at least 3 cases each of wave 1 from last fall, and one case of the Season III Obi-Wan/Cad Bane w/ Todo/etc wave in one store.  Way to go Hasbro and Wal-Mart!  :P

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 29, 2011, 03:40 AM »
Found that new SA Mace at my local Traget, and there were quite a few. Yeah this figure's wave has been out for a while, but this is the newest figure I've seen in months. Everything is just stagnating, it's absolutely terrible. Seeing this Mace was a total shock, because I haven't found any other of his wavemates.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 30, 2011, 07:03 PM »
Used the $2 off $10+ Star Wars purchase coupon (today is the last day) on the Special Ops Clone Trooper and Geonosian pack at Target that I've been meaning to get. Nice set, I see why it sells much faster than the other one (I got the last one, there were 7 Waxer and Battle Droid packs). First Clone trooper I've gotten with the "new" arms, the lack of ball jointed wrists hurts, but the elbows are much improved.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 1, 2011, 04:13 PM »
This isn't mine, but I found it hilarious and wasn't sure where to post it.
Bootleg Clone Wars

The blonde guy is made from a few different POTF2 figures.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 5, 2011, 12:48 PM »
Picked up Eeth Koth, Comm. Colt, Barriss Offee, and the Riot Control Clone Trooper this morning at TRU for $8.99 each. They only had one of each, but there may have been more and someone beat me to them. Kind of doubt that though, this store restocks on Thursdays and I got there only an hour after opening.

They also had all of TVC Wave 6 but I am all set there.

All the cards on the new figures were decent, so I am good to go on the MOC side. I'd still like at least an opener of Barriss though because she's just that damn good.

Oh, also picked up a mintier boxed Droid Gunship last night at Target to replace my slightly dinged one from HTS.

Woot~
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 6, 2011, 10:29 AM »
Great start to the weekend...returned my HTS Gunship to Target for a ful cash refund, promptly drove over to TRU and picked up another full set of TCW Wave 3 for openers, fresh off the truck. I am officially done with this wave!

Gotta love closing out an entire wave, MOC and openers, in just over 24 hours with only a minimum of hassle and driving. I even picked up the latest set cheaper as I had a $5 off coupon that was just valid starting today.

Holla!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 10, 2011, 10:05 PM »
Very nice haul over the weekend. Finally scored El Les, the Aqua Droid and grown up Ashoka. Very happy with all 3, the Aqua Droid in particular is rather well designed. Had a chance at the new Ani as well but passed due to my budget.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #552 on: May 10, 2011, 11:24 PM »
Totally agree on the AD.  It really is a neat design, lots of complexity to it so that the head can hide, the articulation is all useful, the figure transforms from its two "modes"...  Pretty neat.  Not too common for a SW figure to be that complex.

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 13, 2011, 07:01 PM »
No wonder the aqua droid is so hard to find. I would love to see this figure pop into some future waves. I feel lucky to have the one I found.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 29, 2011, 12:00 PM »
Garage sale gold this weekend, an AT-TE, Crumb Bomber Gunship and Magna Guard fighter, along with ROTS Obi Wan Fighter, V-Wing and yellow Y-Wing for $10 total. All of them are incomplete though, especially the v-wing and y-wing.