Author Topic: TV series predictions (and wishes)  (Read 23333 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: TV series predictions (and wishes)
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2005, 03:52 PM »
I know what you mean.  However, Yoda does say that Luke is reckless.  So, maybe we will be seeing a young Luke always getting into trouble?  I don't know.  I am trying to be positive about this.  LOL! 

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2005, 03:58 PM »
I was hoping for a "Rebellion" storyline persoanlly.

With this angle you could still work in every angle you had hoped for.  You could have the Rebellion building up vs. the Empire undertone. It provides a true good vs. evil backdrop.  Also you sould venture off and do side stories:

Jimmy Smits could have a leading role, heck Mr. LA Law himself would be very cool to see back on TV.  Work in Dodonna, Wedge,  Mon Mothma for a leading female role, etc....................

I agree, there's so much excellent potential in the scenario you describe. And still room for Young Boba and maybe one or two episodes on Luke (but no more than a couple, since as everyone mentioned his life at this point was boring as hell).

However, being the cynic that I am, I doubt any of this will happen because they'll go for something really lame and moronic. :'(
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2005, 04:16 PM »
Well...I don't know what to say.

Why George? Why?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • CLICK HERE TO GET A COLLECTION VERY CHEAP
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2005, 03:30 PM »
Star Wars TV Show details revealed

Is you're to lazy to click read on.... ::)

Star Wars producer Rick McCallum revealed the details of Star Wars television series at a Japanese press conference yesterday. Apparently the story will take place in a 20 year span between Episode 3 and Episode 4. McCallum said it will depict how characters end up being together, but wouldn't mention who. But he did mention it will depict how Luke grows up. This doesn't sound right to me though, there's not much interesting in that. Why not show Darth Vader's Empire taking over the galaxy and the few remaining Jedi's fight to stay alive? Who cares about a farmer's kid when he's not going out on space adventures?

George Lucas will apparently start working on the series as soon as he finishes Indiana Jones 4., he said. The production will start next year, and the whole series will be about 100 hour long episoders.

McCallum also mentioned the 3-D versions of all six Star Wars movies should hit theaters “within two to three years."

This remark is aimed not at who posted it but at Rick McCallum ..... WHAT ARE YOU THINKING .... THATS AS MUCH FUN AS MAKING A STORY OR TV SHOW ABOUT JABA OR TARKIN... HOW BORING ... I hope they dont screw this up because they can either make the best sci fi show ever or they could make somthing that everyone thinks sucks... and I pray those dont make it like a star trek type of show or a soap opera like the 2nd and 3rd seaon of smallville . It has so much going for it with all the time line they are talking about . I hope it has a flippin ton of at at's clones massive battles and like somone else on here said kind of like a band of brothers type of feel to it cause that movie was awesome.
CHECK OUT MY WEB SITE TO VIEW AND BUY MY COLLECTION !

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2005, 04:33 PM »
Hey, a show about Jabba or Tarkin could be really cool.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2005, 06:35 PM »
Hey, a show about Jabba or Tarkin could be really cool.

LOL

I can see it now a show about how Takin got thinner ... no wait how he got fatter. And one how Jabba got thinner or how he just sits there laughing looking left and right..... fun stuff eh eh ? ? ?

Really I just hope they come up with somthing that kills Star Trek and every other sci fi show . It could be sooo cooooool
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 06:38 PM by Darth CuDa 03 »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2005, 02:49 AM »
Hmmm, Luke?  Perhaps this could be a look at the friendship of Luke and Biggs.  It might wind up incorporating Tank, Cammie and Fixer, too.  There are loads of possibilities.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2005, 01:04 AM »
I think it would be cool if it was about luke's kids or if he had kids and that kind of time frame and maybe a rebuilding of the Jedi.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2005, 07:56 PM »
"... it will depict how Luke grows up."

You know, this could mean that the show depicts the galaxy during the time when Luke is growing up.  The Jedi are traitors, they have to hide.  The force becomes something people don't talk about. The Empire is growing..

This could work.  I don't want to see young Luke have any adventures, because it will weaken his story,
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2005, 09:57 PM »
I had enough to the "CHOSEN CHILD" stories with Ani, we don't new baby faced luke in on it now too!
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2005, 03:54 PM »
Maybe we'll get to see how Owen and Beru age 40+ years in a span of only 20!  :P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2005, 04:50 PM »
Hmmm... I want to see the Rebellion vs. the Empire with the Rebellion struggling to survive and slowly grow, Vader hunt down some remaining Jedi, and some Boba Fett stuff. 

:P

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2005, 04:16 PM »
Maybe we'll get to see how Owen and Beru age 40+ years in a span of only 20!  :P

Those double suns are murder for people's skin over the age of 30.  LOL!

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2005, 11:22 PM »
THey don't even have sunblock in Star Wars!  Come to think of it do they even had deodorant!

oh the horrors!
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2005, 03:34 PM »
From the sounds of things from the Lucasfilm presentation at Comic-Con (or what I've read/listened to from it online), it sounds like the animated, half hour Clone Wars series will be premiering in Fall of 2007.  Seems like quite a ways off, but hopefully it will still be good.  To me, it would have made more sense to get the half hour program going during the prequel movie time (when we saw the shorts, or over the summer), but at least it is continuing.  However, it sounds like it will be different than the shorts...animated differently.  It will be interesting to see how it turns out.  Very little new information on the "live action" show, but it won't be out before the animated series, so it could be a bit of a wait on that one yet.