Author Topic: any ewok  (Read 3289 times)

Offline paploo

• Jedi Initiate
  • MORE EWOKS NOW
    • View Profile
any ewok
« on: October 26, 2004, 12:45 AM »
is there any new ewok molds scheduled anytime soon, or recently released. I have been out of it for a bit
The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows-Aristotle Onasis

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: any ewok
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 12:56 AM »
Nothing on tap...  I have been hoping for a Warriors 4-pack that just redecoes Teebo, gives him 4 different colored plain (Wicket) hoods, and includes generic weapons like a bow/arrow, spear, axe, etc... 

That'd be an ultimate army builder set to me.

A new Wicket wouldn't hurt though, given the outrageous size of the current one when compared to "proper" scaled figures like new Leia figures.

I'd like the last of the Vinty's rounded out as well...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 02:48 AM »
Yeah, I'd rather have ewoks, than half the garbage out now. All I see are figures i bought a billion ago, on new cards...

New figures is what we need.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 06:52 PM »
Yeah, I'd rather have ewoks, than half the garbage out now. All I see are figures i bought a billion ago, on new cards...

New figures is what we need.

Yeah, I agree - and why the heck in the TRU 4-pk did they put THOSE Ewoks in there - why not the Paploo from the POTJ AT-ST and a repainted Teebo?

:P

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 01:14 AM »
I've never been a fan of ewoks in general, but I am an old schooler in that I'd like to see Hasbro finish off the rest of the vintage line in the modern era.  So let's start with a Chief Chirpa first and foremost, and then work our way down to Lumat, Romba, and Warok.  Throw in a new momma Ewok with her woklings for the hell of it too, while you're at it.

Then get back to the good stuff!   ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2004, 02:05 PM »
I've never been a fan of ewoks in general, but I am an old schooler in that I'd like to see Hasbro finish off the rest of the vintage line in the modern era.  So let's start with a Chief Chirpa first and foremost, and then work our way down to Lumat, Romba, and Warok.  Throw in a new momma Ewok with her woklings for the hell of it too, while you're at it.

Then get back to the good stuff!   ;)

Snively, I love you.  My general opinion is that Ewoks suck.  And they do.  That said, agreed, finish the vinty line.  Also agree with Chewie, why those Ewoks?  Why not Paploo and the repaint for Teebo.  Then the pack might have actually sold, rather than sitting and collecting dust for the next 3 years.  It's always tempting to pick up the scout trooper and speeder bike, except the rest and therefore most of the pack sucks.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline paploo

• Jedi Initiate
  • MORE EWOKS NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2004, 07:52 PM »
i have been out of it for a while because all they have is garbage coming out
The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows-Aristotle Onasis

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2004, 08:16 PM »
Funny, but it looks like those Kubrick collectors are getting way more Ewoks than the 4" collectors.  I think they've only got like 25 or so figures in that line so far, and Hasbro's got well over 500 now.  They'll have 3 different Ewoks already, and Hasbro's stuck on what, 4?  That's pathetic.  Not that I like Ewoks, but pathetic nonetheless.