Author Topic: Custom Star Wars Kubricks  (Read 131481 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Star Wars Kubricks
« Reply #255 on: July 26, 2016, 09:46 AM »
In a wave a kubrick nostalgia, I was thinking about the characters who were never made that I would've most liked to see. Decided to create my own (digital) custom for probably my most wanted kub: Vlix! I recall he was heavily requested here on JD back in the day...hopefully you guys dig it.  :)

That is Fricken awesome! I would buy that in a heartbeat!  8)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 26, 2016, 12:42 PM »
Hey, you guys remember Kubricks?   :D

:'( :'( :'(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 26, 2016, 10:14 PM »
Thanks DSJ!  ;D

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #258 on: September 11, 2016, 11:50 PM »
In a wave a kubrick nostalgia, I was thinking about the characters who were never made that I would've most liked to see. Decided to create my own (digital) custom for probably my most wanted kub: Vlix! I recall he was heavily requested here on JD back in the day...hopefully you guys dig it.  :)

I would have killed for one. I loved these little guys. They were really fun for a while and then Medicom somehow took the fun away sadly.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 2, 2016, 07:13 PM »
I don't think its Medicoms fault.... I'd blame Disney but who knows.

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 19, 2018, 11:20 AM »
Hey guys. I painted these designs for Force Awakens kubricks awhile back. For some reason I never got around to posting them here, so I figured I would now. Hope you enjoy!

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 19, 2018, 11:41 AM »
Also I noticed that the old pics I posted of my Echo Base backdrop have broken links now, so figured I'd repost it here. Along with a rough draft of another backdrop that I never got around to finishing, hehe.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 11:44 AM by MikeT »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 20, 2018, 12:50 AM »
Hey guys. I painted these designs for Force Awakens kubricks awhile back. For some reason I never got around to posting them here, so I figured I would now. Hope you enjoy!

These are sweet.  You should send these to Medicom with the subject line: "Hint Hint!"
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 22, 2018, 11:58 PM »
MikeT, those designs are amazing.  Really makes me miss these even more seeing excellent renderings like that!  Well done!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 1, 2018, 10:13 AM »
Thanks guys! I had so much fun making these. Maybe I'll do a new wave when Episode 9 comes out. (Lando for sure!)  ;D

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 23, 2018, 09:44 AM »

Wow Mike, just wow! its great to see

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 8, 2019, 01:17 PM »
I hate to make another post not about actual kubricks, but I noticed that all my old illustrations I posted are gone again. (Tinypic shut down.) Figured I'd post them all one more time, along with a newer one I never shared before (Luke's Island). Hope you guys enjoy!

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 19, 2019, 10:49 AM »
Thank you for that!

Offline space monkey

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 4, 2024, 08:34 PM »

It seems I never commented on your post when you first posted these but these designs are exceptionally well done. Massive kudos.

The actor's likenesses are immediately apparent and I dare say you've done a better job than the Medicom designers that worked on the Kubrick series (although I'm not sure they were going for or allowed to go for realism).

And the best and most outlandish thing you've done is include Ello Asty as a chase! The obvious thing would be a helmeted and hooded Kylo Ren or Finn in bloodied Stormtrooper uniform but it's so left field I could actually see it as something Medicom would have done. Perfect.

But it also makes me a little sad because I would have (not quite literally) killed for a TFA series this well done back in 2015/2016. But at least I don't have to pine for what never was and instead gaze at these wonderful designs and dream ;D
« Last Edit: July 4, 2024, 08:36 PM by space monkey »

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 5, 2024, 11:38 AM »
Thanks space monkey, much appreciated!! These hearken back to a time when I had too much free time, haha. And also to a time when I was bursting with anticipation for episodes 8 and 9. (Was very let down by them, though I still love Force Awakens a lot.)

I remember Kylo and Finn's likenesses were the one that were the trickiest to me. The style of the illustrations Medicom made for the Kubrick line, like the card art for the carded figs, the DX cardboard dioramas, etc was really inspiring to me, and I think I grew as an artist a bit from trying to emulate it. Still waiting for Medicom to see these and hire me for the next series, hehe. ;D