Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 417701 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1260 on: June 8, 2005, 11:40 AM »
Behind Jean's back at that! :P

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1261 on: June 9, 2005, 07:40 AM »
Anyone in the Twin Cities looking to pick up the Variant Hulk from the Galactus wave should head over to Shinder in Crystal. As of last night they had 2 of them for $15.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1262 on: June 9, 2005, 08:55 AM »
ToyNewsI.com has pics up of the variants figures (Cyclops and Angel) for Series 10, as well as the rest of the series that we have seen before.  This looks to be a pretty nice wave overall, I'm looking forward to it.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1263 on: June 9, 2005, 10:47 AM »
15 New Pegs of Fantastic Four figures this morning at Wally World...the pegs were full...Zero Invisible Women

I could not believe it >:(

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1264 on: June 9, 2005, 11:50 AM »
15 New Pegs of Fantastic Four figures this morning at Wally World...the pegs were full...Zero Invisible Women

I could not believe it >:(

Thats just sick. Sorry man, i feel your pain.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1265 on: June 10, 2005, 12:39 AM »
I just scored my second IW at Target today, this time it was the phasing version. I feel bad for you guys- a figure this shortpacked and popular has to be an absolute bear to find.

We're also finally getting inundated with ML9. I found two more Bullseye variants lately, still can't get my hands on a green Hulk. Not that I'd buy it, I just want to see one.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1266 on: June 10, 2005, 02:37 AM »
I just scored my second IW at Target today, this time it was the phasing version. I feel bad for you guys- a figure this shortpacked and popular has to be an absolute bear to find.

We're also finally getting inundated with ML9. I found two more Bullseye variants lately, still can't get my hands on a green Hulk. Not that I'd buy it, I just want to see one.

I have a green Hulk for trade.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1267 on: June 10, 2005, 03:21 AM »
That's a kind offer, but I'm not sure I want one. I do have two ML Hulks that are green, and ML variants are an area I dare not tread.

But thanks for the offer.  :)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1268 on: June 10, 2005, 03:27 AM »
ML variants are an area I dare not tread.

Ha, I hear that. Thankfully, he's the first one I've wanted.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1269 on: June 10, 2005, 11:35 AM »
Made a trip to Wal-Mart yesterday after work, and the Star Wars "feature" aisle is now been reduced to half of the aisle, with the rest taken up by Fantastic Four stuff.  I didn't dig through all the pegs, but they just had Series 1, and at the time had 2-3 of the "phasing" Invisible Woman figure.  I went back there this morning (forgot to pick up something) and decided to check if they were still there because I thought I might pick up an extra for someone here if they wanted one but they were...of course...sold out.  They must have just stocked things yesterday or something in the toy aisle, because there were 3-4 #41 clones, along with the IWs, and then today those were all gone.

Although I guess I can see packing the "women" characters a little less frequently in a boys toys line (certainly not to these levels though), this amount of shortpacking is crazy.  I feel for the little kid who wants to get the "Fantastic 4" and can only get 3.  Hopefully Sue will become more readily available as the summer goes on, and I really hope Doom isn't this tough to find either.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1270 on: June 10, 2005, 12:54 PM »
I had no idea how much luck I had finding her :o  Truthfully I didn't even realize there were three versions at the time either.  Had I known, I'd have wanted the phasing version that I indeed found. 

As for Marvel Legends variants, in large part thanks to Scott's help (Bullseye, Hulk, Goliath) I've had my hands on almost every variant that's been out there.  I sent my Gold Ironman down to Scott so I don't have it.  The only other misses have been phasing Vision, Storm Mohawk and blonde Black Widow.  I did find the Cap variant but didn't want it as it was so left it behind.  Since these seem to all come in the same case, it would seem whomever beat me to the case took the other two but also left this one behind.

As a big fan of X-Factor back in the day I'm interested in the variants but I'll take whichever of the two I can find.  It's just fun having the loose variants on display because it tends to freak some people out a fair bit.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1271 on: June 10, 2005, 02:33 PM »
Is Toy Biz actually advertising the Angel variant as an X-Factor version?  Because it certainly isn't Angel from X-Factor.  That costume dates back to before Giant Size X-Men, the book that introduced the new team with Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Colossus et al.

As for variants, I'm still hunting for some of them.  Namely mohawk Storm, Dark Phoenix and phasing Vision.  If I come across them at a show for a decent price I may buy them, but my interest is fading in Marvel Legends.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1272 on: June 10, 2005, 03:13 PM »
I hear that about the fading interest in ML. TB really screwed the pooch with that line.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1273 on: June 10, 2005, 03:15 PM »
I suppose I sort of have been fading out of ML as well.  I still like the line, and will pick up figures here and there probably, but I think I've just about got what I want overall after Series 10 is out.  After that, I'm just hoping we see a Kingpin in one of these lines...oh, and a single carded (not the Ramos version) Green Goblin.  Strange as it is, I've actually been searching for Marvel movie figures more lately, with the Fantastic Four stuff hitting the pegs.  Maybe its just me, but looking at the four figures I have from that line so far, I think this is some of their best "comic" movie figures yet.  The sculpts and everything aren't too bad at all.  As far as ML, there continues to be quite a bit of Series 9 hanging at Wal-Mart here...they really need more display space for this line, so many on the floor or heading that way because of the space they try to cram them into.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 03:17 PM by mosnab »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1274 on: June 10, 2005, 03:29 PM »
Hmm, I'm still pretty happy with ML stuff overall.  It's a convenient way to display my love of comics.  Some figures are really questionable as legends, but I'll live with that.

The constant re-released box sets with only a single figure are annoying but considering our Star Wars figures and these figures cost about the same, I can live with it. 

As for anything sitting, well if Canada wasn't hosing the regular retailers as I linked a while back it wouldn't be so bad and nothing would be sitting.  But geez, we get a case with two versions of Punisher, brown Wolverine and yellow/blue Cable.  That gets followed up by a case with grey Hulk, Bullseye, War Machine and Nightcrawler.  Precisely zero of the single packs and is it any wonder this stuff is sitting.  TRU and WAlly are getting right royally hosed on their assortments. ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.