Author Topic: 2023 HasLab - TVC The Ghost  (Read 7031 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: 2024 HasLab - TVC The Ghost
« Reply #120 on: August 9, 2023, 05:46 PM »
The unlocks are all gravy to me.  I'm just glad it funded.

I think they'll make all these figures for retail anyhow, just maybe not on the funky card backs and maybe with different accessories.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 9, 2023, 06:08 PM »
I just figure the more unique figures in the set, the more carded collectors FOMO will pick up.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 9, 2023, 06:16 PM »
I just figure the more unique figures in the set, the more carded collectors FOMO will pick up.

Agreed.  There might be a bit of a snowball effect if we can start picking up some more backers and more carded figures.  Those carded guys have helped fund my collection by selling off unique cards of mostly repacked figures (Yakface).
« Last Edit: August 9, 2023, 06:18 PM by Dave »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #123 on: August 9, 2023, 11:03 PM »
9,999!

« Last Edit: August 9, 2023, 11:03 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2023, 12:50 AM »
Missed the counter but we passed 10k. Jeff's screenshot is better. :P

"This is the way."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2023, 09:46 AM »
The tiers should have been 10, 12, and 14 thousand backers. I can’t tell you how annoying it is going to be having only 2 or 3 of the crew on these special cardbacks and the remaining ones on something different. Collector OCD does not like that, nope.  :D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2023, 12:03 PM »
I took a few minutes to look at the new figures in the unlocks and noticed something unexpected with Ezra. 

I'm not an expert on every Ezra figure ever released and every episode of Rebels, but it looks like the Ezra figure includes a DL-44 Han Solo style blaster as well as a "regular" lightsaber.  I don't think any figure of his has ever had those accessories and I don't recall him ever using that type of blaster (or really any blaster other than a stolen imperial rifle) or lightsaber other than his own funky customer blaster/lightsaber combo.  Unlit I think it looks like a manual staple gun.

The figure is on a Rebels card, but I don't think these accessories are right for his Rebels adventures.  Maybe he shows up in the Ahsoka show using these items, but it seems off for Rebels.

The other figures shown - Hera, Kanan, and Zeb all seem to be accurate to their Rebels characters though.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2023, 12:58 PM »
it looks like the Ezra figure includes a DL-44 Han Solo style blaster as well as a "regular" lightsaber.  I don't think any figure of his has ever had those accessories and I don't recall him ever using that type of blaster (or really any blaster other than a stolen imperial rifle) or lightsaber other than his own funky customer blaster/lightsaber combo.  Unlit I think it looks like a manual staple gun.

This Ezra is based on his Rebels Season 3/4 look - shorter hair, no jacket.  I think it was Season 3 where Ezra got his new green-bladed lightsaberthat replaced the stapler-gun hilt blue lightsaber (which Vader destroyed).  It was around this same time that he started wearing a holster with the Solo-esque DL44 style blaster as well.

(side note - I have been re-watching Rebels in advance of Ahsoka and realized that I forgot a lot of these details myself until I started re-watching the show.)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 10, 2023, 02:22 PM »
Thanks Jeff.  I totally forgot that his stapler-gun blue lightsaber got destroyed. 

I probably have to re-watch the last season and refresh my memory on a lot of this leading in to Ahsoka.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #129 on: August 10, 2023, 03:21 PM »
I've been trying to watch one Rebels season a week leading into Ahsoka.  I'm on Season 3 now this week.  Season 4 will be next week and then the premier week I'm going to try to watch the Ahsoka TM/TBOBF episodes.

The Rebels rewatch has been pretty fun.  Made me realize how much I forgot (and just how many established characters show up - Vader, Maul, Obi-Wan, Lando, C-3PO, R2-D2, Leia and more - and people say TM is pandering to the fans :P).  It's really impressive how much that show grew from those first few episodes.  Both the stories and the animation got better as the show went along I think. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 11, 2023, 11:48 AM »
I'm in the midst of a REBELS re-watch, too.  The first half of season 1 is probably the toughest bit to get through, but the show picked up steam after that.  I'm currently about 2/3rds of the way through season 2 and the show really stands out for some great storytelling and well developed characters.  Watching Ahsoka's character during this season is great because I think it's an excellent starting point for how she will be presented in the upcoming series.

The re-watch has also been great for getting re-acquainted with the Ghost!  The ship really is fantastic!  And I think Hasbro really captured the interior spaces well with their design.  In the show the lounge area and galley are separate spaces, but I think Hasbro's choice to combine them worked.  And while I had been hopeful that the cargo bay would be a feature, I accept that particular design compromise.

The only critiques?  First, hatches.  All of them are wide open.  It makes me wonder, were pocket door hatches were impractical?  They would have been a nice addition to the cockpit as well as to the crew quarters.  Plus, a ladder.  It might go to nowhere, but IIRC there were ladders to the dorsal turret as well as to the accessway to the Phantom.

Beyond that?  I am hopeful that Hasbro will consider producing a new Vintage Collection Phantom I vehicle that can dock in the shuttle port.  The REBELS one is dated and a product of where the line was in 2014.  And it might be something more accessible for people who might not be able to afford the Haslab Ghost.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #131 on: August 11, 2023, 12:45 PM »
9158 as of this morning.  Things have slowed, but still growing...

9478 after two weeks... still moving in the right direction.  806+ hours left.

10079 after three weeks.  635+ hours left.

Tier needs:
921 to unlock Ezra - 1.45 backer/hr needed (34.8/day)
3921 to unlock Kanan - 6.17 backer/hr needed (148.2/day)
6921 to unlock Zeb - 10.9 backer/hr needed (261.6/day)

(I know these tend to start strong, dip in the middle, and ramp up strong at the end but I like doing the math weekly anyway. ;))

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2023, 03:17 PM »
It looks like things might be picking up a bit over the past 24 hours.  It's currently at 10,446.  Ezra could get locked in this week if it continues.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2023, 04:25 PM »
Jayson was doing a push on Yakface to tell people that were on the fence to go ahead and back it, and if they change their mind to cancel it later.  The momentum will start building more that way.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2023, 04:40 PM »
Jayson was doing a push on Yakface to tell people that were on the fence to go ahead and back it, and if they change their mind to cancel it later.  The momentum will start building more that way.

Jayson is basically reiterating what was on Bantha Skull.  Great points made by both.  If you going to back the Ghost, go ahead and pledge now.  That way Hasbro has an accurate accounting of the popularity of this project and if all the goals are hit early enough, it gives them a chance to add more.
This is the way.

I have spoken.