Community > Watto's Junk Yard

A Song of Ice and Fire (Possible Spoilers, tread carefully)

<< < (36/38) > >>

Nicklab:
We'll see. 

evenflow:
At this point i don't care and can't wait for the show to start. If and when it comes out i will read it, if not whatever.

Nicklab:
GRRM made one of his blog entries recently, and of course people are speculating.  One writer put forth this theory that The Winds Of Winter may be published as soon as October of this year.  That would certainly be nice to see.  And it leaves me wondering if I would get an actual hardcopy, or perhaps download the book to my iPad.

Scott:
While I read WoW when if it comes out...I am so happy they went ahead with the show and can tie everything well before probably it comes out...let alone the last book

Nicklab:
I saw a blog post from GRRM that he was recently in New York meeting with his publisher.  That gives me some hope regarding the WoW release date.

Aside from that?  Now I'm curious to see where the stories are going to diverge.  Because there seems to have been some significant cases where the HBO show has made composites of some characters (ie how Jon Connington's book story became that of Jorah Mormont on the series), the presence of Lady Stoneheart in the books but not the show, the status of Loras Tyrell, the whole lost Targaryen storyline, etc. 

But all things considered?  I feel like I can enjoy the TV series as well as the novels as things that are independent of one another.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version