Author Topic: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers  (Read 85588 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers
« Reply #225 on: July 15, 2005, 05:10 PM »
Up for sale NOW at JD's - Hurry!!   

Luke F/X

Done.  Thanks for the link Beth!  My wife hates you. ;)

BTW, I just checked the RS forums and the link is there, but all these guys are still talking about going to Borders.  It's just a why bother kind of question, but why bother?  JD ships for free anyway and the price is the same, so why bother?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 05:15 PM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 15, 2005, 05:21 PM »
Yeah, stick with the Saber Vault.  Hes a great dealer, plus a guarantee to get one.  I ordered mine today as well.  This will at least give me all 4 flavors.

Blue - Anakin ROTS
Red - Vader ESB
Purple - Mace
Green - Luke ROTJ

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 15, 2005, 05:33 PM »
Does JD charge now or when he ships?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 15, 2005, 06:12 PM »
Does JD charge now or when he ships?

Now.  But he ALWAYS comes through with his shipments.  It would have to be totally out of his control for him to refund your money.
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 15, 2005, 06:50 PM »
Yeah, stick with the Saber Vault.  Hes a great dealer, plus a guarantee to get one.  I ordered mine today as well.  This will at least give me all 4 flavors.

Blue - Anakin ROTS
Red - Vader ESB
Purple - Mace
Green - Luke ROTJ

I'm only missing the Anakin now.  All things in time ;)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 17, 2005, 07:23 PM »
JD at the Saber Vault just emailed that if you placed an order for the Luke FX he will definitely be able to fill your order.  They will arrive in September. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 18, 2005, 09:49 AM »
I'm really happy to see the Luke saber coming back.  We don't have a Borders near us that I know of either, and I've always wanted to own at least one of these FX versions.  Plus, a Luke one is what I really wanted.  I'm really working on the Mrs. to let me order this one, while I still can.  Thanks for the link Beth.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 18, 2005, 05:15 PM »
Can someone with the Mace FX Saber answer this.  When lit up is it more of a dull purple?  This has kind of bothered me about mine.    :-\

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 20, 2005, 03:51 PM »
With anyone wondering about the Mace Saber.  It is a dull purple.  I guess they did not even use purple lights in these ???  It was a combo of blue and red that gave the purple tint. 

Anyone know where to get a custom stand for these? I found one that holds 3 sabers but nothing larger.

Are there only seven current FX sabers?

Anakin EP2
Anakin EP3
Luke EP5
Luke EP6
Vader EP 4
Vader EP5
Mace EP2

Looks like the Obi-Wan EP3 is pushed off til 2006 along with the 2-piece Maul.   Also a rumor that the blasters will get the FX treatment.  Wonder what the retail will be for these. 

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 20, 2005, 04:27 PM »
Anyone know where to get a custom stand for these? I found one that holds 3 sabers but nothing larger.

Philip had some made and you can find more about them over at RS.  I think they hold five.  I didn't want my saber's displayed like pool sticks so I passed on ordering it.  I have yet to see anything better than a baseball bat rack.
Beth

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #235 on: July 20, 2005, 06:44 PM »
Parksabers has a stand to display their sabers, but you have to remove the blade (there's a spot for the blade on the stand).

Instead of a baseball bat holder, how about one for Pool Cues?  I'm not saying it will work, just brainstorming.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline SilverSpyder

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 20, 2005, 07:24 PM »
You can also buy sword display racks.  They come in all kinds of styles.

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 21, 2005, 09:11 PM »
I hadn't grabbed one of these yet, but saw one locally and broke down, 'picked up the Vader ESB and it’s phenomenal! When I first ignited it I had to control myself from freaking out… but I have a slight concern- for the clash sound to work I have to hit it really hard against something (I’ve been trying it against pillows cause I don’t want to crack the blade), is this the way they are supposed to function? Or is my saber a bit wonky? Anyone out there please let me know, cause if it’s faulty I'd like to exchange it asap before they're gone! Thanks a googolplex!!
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 21, 2005, 11:00 PM »
Mine is fairly sensitive for the clash sound, not requiring all that much effort at all.  I don't know if there's variability to it or not, but yours sounds different from mine.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 22, 2005, 10:44 AM »
I hadn't grabbed one of these yet, but saw one locally and broke down, 'picked up the Vader ESB and it’s phenomenal! When I first ignited it I had to control myself from freaking out… but I have a slight concern- for the clash sound to work I have to hit it really hard against something (I’ve been trying it against pillows cause I don’t want to crack the blade), is this the way they are supposed to function? Or is my saber a bit wonky? Anyone out there please let me know, cause if it’s faulty I'd like to exchange it asap before they're gone! Thanks a googolplex!!

All 3 of mine are like this.  Although if I strike one against another one of my sabers, the clash sound can be accomplished with alot less force.