Author Topic: Toy Fair Vader  (Read 13414 times)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Toy Fair Vader
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2003, 11:59 AM »
I think this is a wrap, I heard back from 3-4 more people.  This figure did not come sealed.  I even had pictures sent to me.

So my TF Vader is not deffective after all ;D

Grroovvyy!

Merry Christmas to all JDer's,

-Fish-

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 01:43 PM »
The Toy Fair Vader is a figure that seems to have really held its value over time. That last few I've seen on eBay still go for about $175US, give or take. I've just never been willing to spend that much on it, despite it being a very unique figure with the saber going through the bubble.

A friend of mine offered me one for $170CDN, about $140US, which is very fair with today's value (and considering he paid $200CDN for it). But I just couldn't convince myself to spend that much - one moment I regret it, the next I'm glad I didn't spend the money.

Any others still needing this?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 05:56 PM »
He fluctuates back and forth.

Not too long ago I saw him ending around $100 or so on ebay.  Now (as you said) he's back up to $150.

I remember when Hasbro handed him out at TF - auctions were ending close to $500.  It's almost like attendees were leaving the building, going back to their hotel rooms, and listing him right then and there!

I would've sold him too for $500; given the opportunity!

:-X

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2006, 02:00 PM »
I was fortuneate enough to get two from the fanclub, and traded one over at Galactic Hunter.  I dont even remember what I traded it for ???.  I actually used my Jedi Points in the auctions a few years back to score my opener. 

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2006, 05:22 PM »
I STILL need this figure >:(

(yes, I actually need something ::))

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2006, 06:30 PM »
I  was  able  to  get  2  as  well,  one  to  keep  carded  and  one  to  open.  I  promised  my  friend  I'd  hold  off  opening  one  until  he  was  able  to  get  his  own,  but  he  never  had  the  chance.  I  gave  it  to  him  on  his  40th  birthday.  I  would  have  rather  opened  it  than  sell  it  to  some  stranger  who  has  more  money  than  he  knows  what  to  do  with,  for  a  ton  of  cash  I  surely  would  have  blown  by  now  on  more  Star  Wars  stuff,  and  I  didn't  have  the  heart  to  open  it  when  my  friends  missed  out.  I'm  happy  with  my  decision.
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2006, 07:19 PM »
I got 2 from the fan club and traded one for a Georg Sacul when he first came out. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."