Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 362875 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Transformers
« Reply #300 on: April 14, 2007, 03:29 AM »
Ouch. That kind of stinks that they'll go to all that trouble of shipping when you're that close.

I'll hopefully have that Megatron by this time next week, and I already have my pliers ready just in case the plug is really glued in there.

I picked up the Prime vs Megatron 2-pack today. I'm disappointed that Prime spins around like he does. I've heard there's a way to fix that, but I haven't found it on any site nor have I figured out a way to do it by futzing with the figure. It's great to have a Prime with waist articulation, but this is a little ridiculous.

Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 03:30 AM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 14, 2007, 01:08 PM »
I picked up the Prime vs Megatron 2-pack today. I'm disappointed that Prime spins around like he does.

I am SOOOO disgusted with that pack.  I feel sorry for myself that I even wasted the money on it.  Prime looks pretty cool in bot mode, but that's all this set had going for it.  I could piss on the lame ass DVD pack in.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 14, 2007, 03:54 PM »
I hear that. I wanted a nice G1-inspired Prime that had some articulation, and while I got it, well, TFs don't need action features like that. It's basically ruined this Prime for me. He looks great standing there, but as soon as you pick him up, he spins like crazy.  >:(

At least Megatron is a pretty kick-ass toy, IMO. Even though he looks like he just walked out of the Energon line.
I watched the DVD last night, and I'm thinking I probably should have watched the Cybertron toon when it was on. I remember watching Armada occasionally and thinking it was the worst thing I had ever seen (and that was after watching the entire run of RiD....) and never bothering to watch any modern TF cartoons ever again.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 15, 2007, 03:52 PM »
RID was fairly decent.  That's what got me back into collecting Transformers.  I really liked watching Beast Wars back in the day on Fox, I'm just not a big fan of transforming animals/bugs.  I bored myself through Armada, Energon, & Cybertron.  They all sucked hardcore ass.  I'm hoping that Heroes leads to a better story rather than just a 30 minute toy ad.  My Season 3 pt 2/season 4 DVD showed up on Friday so I'm looking forward to catching up on those episodes - I missed them all when I was a kid so I'm pretty stoked.  ;D

Oh...I was walking by WM's poster book thing and they have a pretty cool G1 sheet in there.

Anybody having any luck finding ALT Ravage & Rumble?  One of my local WM's must have "accidentally" stocked the Devastator pack which I found a few weeks back.

The only reason I go to WM is when Hasbro awards them an exclusive.  I so wish they could handle them as good as Target does..  ::)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 15, 2007, 05:12 PM »
I've been going nuts looking for that G1 poster and the Alts. We never got the Devestator pack or the Saleucami BPs either, so I assume us here in Iowa are up the creek on all this stuff. Which is really starting to piss me off, since I wanted to buy all of these exclusives and I'm just about sick of doing all this legwork. I wouldn't go to WM at all if they didn't have exclusives, since I order my 30AC online.
I don't know if they're waiting on a reset or what, since everyone else started finding this stuff a month ago.

I liked RiD too. Those were the toys that got me back into collecting TFs as well. I still like that Prowl in that line. It's one of my favorite TFs of all time. I should get a new one since the driver's side door on mine refuses to stay in place in bot mode. I'm still looking for the Scourge from that line, and I might have to settle for the Black Convoy from Takara's Car Robots line instead since it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 16, 2007, 11:20 AM »
The Autobot brothers were a tad hard to transform - I need not mention trying to form Omega Prime, but I loved em all.   ;D 

Scourge was awesome!!  Both his character and the toy.  I thought - at the time that he was an entire new sculpt as I didn't even pay attention to TF until RID started.  I just scored the Takara Laser Optimus a week or so ago and I was actually a little upset that the trailer was all chromed like Scourge.  I never owned the G2 version and that one came with a flat grey color scheme.  Well needless to say, there's a big honkin sticker that came with it so it'll be different enough for me.

I picked up 2 Korean Brave Max's because the Car Robot's versions were going for too much.  That would have been sweet if he would have been released here in the states...Damned drop test!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 17, 2007, 01:57 AM »
I always thought that reason was code for "we couldn't find a taker for this exclusive" but maybe the big H was telling the truth then. I really want one of them, as it's one of my grails (next to a mint G1 Shockwave and Swoop) but the prices on all of them keep getting higher, and now is not the most ideal time to buy TFs since the speculation is really starting to pick up on ebay.

I found that G1 poster at my local Wm tonight. It's really impressive in person. For $5, you can't go wrong.  :) They've got a bunch left, so if you don't find it soon, LMK and I'll try to get one for ya.  :)

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #307 on: April 17, 2007, 07:50 AM »
Are there any pics of the poster online ? I have not seen one yet.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 17, 2007, 11:20 AM »
I picked mine up on Saturday....

***seems that I can't link the pic for some reason.  I assure you that it's chocked full of G1 goodness though!

« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 11:34 AM by iFett »

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 17, 2007, 11:29 AM »
Anyone get the MP-05 Megatron? BBTS was saying that their entire shipment was going to be opend off shore by a 3rd party company and they were going to insert the orange plug into the gun barrel to abide by US Customs. I just want to get anyones feedback who went that route on the figure as I am debating getting one.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 17, 2007, 11:36 AM »
Ohhh....Looks like Skywarp is next in line for the MP treatment, and the "new" Takara reissues will be called Encore.  Seibertron

Ryan,

inadvertent imitation ordered his from BBTS and he should have his pretty soon.  I'm sure he'll give us a play-by-play.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 11:43 AM by iFett »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 17, 2007, 01:04 PM »
I'm supposed to have it by Thursday, according to UPS. But they require a signature, so it might be Friday.  :(

That's great news about MP Skywarp. Hopefully they get the colors right this time.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 18, 2007, 10:36 PM »
Got my Masterpiece Megatron today. Happy dance!  ;D

The plug was astonishingly easy to remove. I broke out some channel locks, broke the adhesive's seal with those, and was able to remove the plug the rest of the way with my fingers. No damage to Megatron, thankfully, except for a bit of adhesive stuck inside the barrel. If I was more ambitious, I'd try to get it out of there, but there's no reason to.

So, if you're on the fence about getting it from BBTS, I wouldn't be. They have the best price, and for 30 seconds worth of work, you can save yourself a bundle.

I'll blather on more about it later, after I've soaked it all in.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #313 on: April 19, 2007, 08:59 AM »
Hit us with some pics bro !

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 19, 2007, 05:57 PM »
Well, here's Dirge...........too bad they didn't fix the wings, and too bad I'll never own him  :'(